Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Adjustments & New Familiars
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50 51
We aren't getting refunded for the lair expansions we paid for already?
We aren't getting refunded for the lair expansions we paid for already?
tumblr_mfg0smpKiv1rp0ie7o1_250.gif
Thank you for adjusting the lair size/upgrade costs!

And those new familiars are very adorable :)
Thank you for adjusting the lair size/upgrade costs!

And those new familiars are very adorable :)
Badge2mini_zps6c283911.png banner-gladekeeper_zpseaacbbab.png
Oh, thank you! Thank you! I've been running low on lair space. The new familiars are great too. They're like cute little anteaters made out of cotton candy! You all rock!
Oh, thank you! Thank you! I've been running low on lair space. The new familiars are great too. They're like cute little anteaters made out of cotton candy! You all rock!
I fully agree with @Cyradis4. If the powers-that-be's worry/complaint is a sudden influx of treasure into the market that 'might' not be used on lair expansions (which is BS in my opinion but whatever - they're stealing money that I WORKED for and not giving it back because - why? They want me to wait another month before buying a gembond gene?)... then fine, don't do it! Don't directly give the treasure back. Instead let our overpayment be subtracted out of the cost of the next expansion and everything will even out fairly!

There is no way on earth I am going to be happy paying 175k for a 'benefit' that other people are getting for free, just because I was among those blindsided by this update and had the bad luck to be at a certain lair space number.

It's like if my boss used a RNG against their list of employees and said, "Okay. People in odd numbered cubes, you get a million dollar bonus tax free. You people in even numbered cubes, too bad, you get the million dollar bonus too but you have to pay an 80% tax on it. Ta-ta!" (and yes for me it is an 80% 'tax' because unless they fix this I have lost an amount equal to more than 80% of my next lair expansion.)

There is no way on earth any moral person could think that this is fair and I believe that the solution above is the only way to satisfy BOTH fairness and the 'problematic' influx of treasure.
I fully agree with @Cyradis4. If the powers-that-be's worry/complaint is a sudden influx of treasure into the market that 'might' not be used on lair expansions (which is BS in my opinion but whatever - they're stealing money that I WORKED for and not giving it back because - why? They want me to wait another month before buying a gembond gene?)... then fine, don't do it! Don't directly give the treasure back. Instead let our overpayment be subtracted out of the cost of the next expansion and everything will even out fairly!

There is no way on earth I am going to be happy paying 175k for a 'benefit' that other people are getting for free, just because I was among those blindsided by this update and had the bad luck to be at a certain lair space number.

It's like if my boss used a RNG against their list of employees and said, "Okay. People in odd numbered cubes, you get a million dollar bonus tax free. You people in even numbered cubes, too bad, you get the million dollar bonus too but you have to pay an 80% tax on it. Ta-ta!" (and yes for me it is an 80% 'tax' because unless they fix this I have lost an amount equal to more than 80% of my next lair expansion.)

There is no way on earth any moral person could think that this is fair and I believe that the solution above is the only way to satisfy BOTH fairness and the 'problematic' influx of treasure.
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
xD WOO PUKASLOTH!
xD WOO PUKASLOTH!
iygxY.gifwuhe4.gifV2CiQ.gifAztLY.gifuCxdn.gif
Hmmm, what about all the treasure we spent upgrading the lairs when they were still seriously expensive? :0

Other than that, yaaay for bigger lair caps for a bit less, and those familiars are adorable. :3
Hmmm, what about all the treasure we spent upgrading the lairs when they were still seriously expensive? :0

Other than that, yaaay for bigger lair caps for a bit less, and those familiars are adorable. :3
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Hololive, Ironmouse, magical girls, danmei... more here!
dffb87fc9d72507bf3d01e777169c007b48cfd3c.gif43e6ac3f92fbd2e9ee694696efce382153f7a2b3.gif tumblr_inline_p9l68fcpHz1rhwzwl_75sq.giftumblr_inline_p9l68gACCF1rhwzwl_75sq.gif 43e6ac3f92fbd2e9ee694696efce382153f7a2b3.gifdffb87fc9d72507bf3d01e777169c007b48cfd3c.gif
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
tumblr_mspwgyWa6g1s8mgkyo1_100.gif
The new familiars are sO CUTE OH MY GOSH

I'm going to buy them immediately, good work @choo!
The new familiars are sO CUTE OH MY GOSH

I'm going to buy them immediately, good work @choo!
I'm extremely disappointed we won't be getting refunded for the treasure we dropped. 110k completely wasted on my behalf through the old system.
I'm extremely disappointed we won't be getting refunded for the treasure we dropped. 110k completely wasted on my behalf through the old system.
eWROVV6.png
Ah, I'm very glad they fixed the adjustment for the expansion! I thought there was a 50k in there, but one's never sure how good their memory is...
Heehee, getting to spend 150k twice in a row is kinda weird, but in the best of ways! I'm saving 50k that I'd have to be spending otherwise.
And I'm sure a dozen people have posted the chart, but a reminder that you'll be "losing" at most 175k if you didn't get an expansion--85k of which is cut off from the next expansion, resulting in only losing 90k, whenever you expand next... and then the expansion after that you save 105k. So the prices are made up for within 2 expansions.
For those at 60 spaces, the difference would be 260k--enough to entirely pay for the next tier. Elsewise, it'd be 105k saved on the next expansion, and 105k saved on the expansion after that, and then not making your money back until the NEXT expansion... so those 60 and above will take 3 or more expansions to meet the price, while those 60 and below will take 2 or less expansions. So I think the cutoff was a good place?
While getting the next expansion cheaper/half-price would be nice, it would take A LOT OF heavy coding, the easiest way to create a expansion-only currency... but the fact it'd only be used once kind of kills its usefulness, and by the time they finished coding it, most people would already be on to their next lair expansion, and would be getting more treasure than they'd technically deserve, unless they look at site archives or similar, and it would just... A LOT of work for less than 200k).
Ah, I'm very glad they fixed the adjustment for the expansion! I thought there was a 50k in there, but one's never sure how good their memory is...
Heehee, getting to spend 150k twice in a row is kinda weird, but in the best of ways! I'm saving 50k that I'd have to be spending otherwise.
And I'm sure a dozen people have posted the chart, but a reminder that you'll be "losing" at most 175k if you didn't get an expansion--85k of which is cut off from the next expansion, resulting in only losing 90k, whenever you expand next... and then the expansion after that you save 105k. So the prices are made up for within 2 expansions.
For those at 60 spaces, the difference would be 260k--enough to entirely pay for the next tier. Elsewise, it'd be 105k saved on the next expansion, and 105k saved on the expansion after that, and then not making your money back until the NEXT expansion... so those 60 and above will take 3 or more expansions to meet the price, while those 60 and below will take 2 or less expansions. So I think the cutoff was a good place?
While getting the next expansion cheaper/half-price would be nice, it would take A LOT OF heavy coding, the easiest way to create a expansion-only currency... but the fact it'd only be used once kind of kills its usefulness, and by the time they finished coding it, most people would already be on to their next lair expansion, and would be getting more treasure than they'd technically deserve, unless they look at site archives or similar, and it would just... A LOT of work for less than 200k).
tumblr_inline_nhzj5fFrMa1qmyry9.pngLB
Thank you so, so much for listening to us! This is a wonderful step to take.

The new familiars look completely adorable as well. :3
Thank you so, so much for listening to us! This is a wonderful step to take.

The new familiars look completely adorable as well. :3
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50 51