Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A Dragon Breed Unique to Each Flight
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
So I was thinking while randomly on tumblr that, well... Maybe faarr into the future when bugs are fixed and we ran out of the species ideas etc that we can actually have our own breed of dragon unique to our flight?

I'm thinking that it's in the market place like any other scroll, but only for that given flight. Maybe as a dominance perk, or it'll just be there like any other scroll at any time. (You'd still have to buy it)

So for example, Lightning flight can have their own Lightning-looking dragon. I know ridgebacks already originated in our area but to have something that only your flight can have is cool.

And don't worry, we can trade, breed and sell for other flights to avoid such fights.

They don't even have to be flight specific. But as it's unique to a flight, I'm guessing it should. It's as if they're a new dragon species before they end up moving to other areas of the region. ;'D

(And I'm really, really interested to see what shadow dragins would look like (also as a note i don't mean to make them look like their deities/gods, they can have any colour as well
So I was thinking while randomly on tumblr that, well... Maybe faarr into the future when bugs are fixed and we ran out of the species ideas etc that we can actually have our own breed of dragon unique to our flight?

I'm thinking that it's in the market place like any other scroll, but only for that given flight. Maybe as a dominance perk, or it'll just be there like any other scroll at any time. (You'd still have to buy it)

So for example, Lightning flight can have their own Lightning-looking dragon. I know ridgebacks already originated in our area but to have something that only your flight can have is cool.

And don't worry, we can trade, breed and sell for other flights to avoid such fights.

They don't even have to be flight specific. But as it's unique to a flight, I'm guessing it should. It's as if they're a new dragon species before they end up moving to other areas of the region. ;'D

(And I'm really, really interested to see what shadow dragins would look like (also as a note i don't mean to make them look like their deities/gods, they can have any colour as well
a1IrWcm.png
This might be interesting far down the road, having a second species for each element that only members of that flight can purchase. Though it then relies on players from other flights to distribute said species, which could be both good (encourage inter-flight trades/sales) or bad (make it frustrating for people outside the flight to get one without complications of having to find people in that particular flight who are selling at what they deem a reasonable price). But, as with imperials, where only a few people had them at first, the prices will eventually come down as people breed, so that, even if scrolls aren't available, the hatchlings will be eventually. It might be pretty neat to do this one year, where winning dominance is what actually unlocks these new breeds - tie it into the lore somehow, make getting dominance for every flight at least once something everyone is looking forward to. Though this could be done with dominance-only items/genes too. It definitely might be neat to try sometime in the future, I think. Though possibly after the dominance system has had an overhaul. ^^
This might be interesting far down the road, having a second species for each element that only members of that flight can purchase. Though it then relies on players from other flights to distribute said species, which could be both good (encourage inter-flight trades/sales) or bad (make it frustrating for people outside the flight to get one without complications of having to find people in that particular flight who are selling at what they deem a reasonable price). But, as with imperials, where only a few people had them at first, the prices will eventually come down as people breed, so that, even if scrolls aren't available, the hatchlings will be eventually. It might be pretty neat to do this one year, where winning dominance is what actually unlocks these new breeds - tie it into the lore somehow, make getting dominance for every flight at least once something everyone is looking forward to. Though this could be done with dominance-only items/genes too. It definitely might be neat to try sometime in the future, I think. Though possibly after the dominance system has had an overhaul. ^^
I think, like everything else, it's a huge jump and could seriously damage the market.

But in saying that, I am wiling to bet that it could also help the market in a lot of the ways where it could be justified. I'm all for it, I'd love to have my own little Nature Dragon and try to collect the dragons from other flights :]

I'm for it!!

Maybe instead of dominance, it could be for the festivals in whatever month that go with each flight? I think that'd be sweet :]
I think, like everything else, it's a huge jump and could seriously damage the market.

But in saying that, I am wiling to bet that it could also help the market in a lot of the ways where it could be justified. I'm all for it, I'd love to have my own little Nature Dragon and try to collect the dragons from other flights :]

I'm for it!!

Maybe instead of dominance, it could be for the festivals in whatever month that go with each flight? I think that'd be sweet :]
Ooh, I would definitely love festival-dragons. And it would make it more fair than having to wait till a flight wins dominance - since festivals are guaranteed each month, and aren't subject to chance. XD It might also be worth making the breed scrolls available to everyone during a festival, not just a particular flight, perhaps, since festival weeks tend to be pretty frantic as it is, with everyone trying to save for skins, find tokens/chests, etc. And having only a few people possibly able to get the scrolls (because they'll likely be massively expensive) might cause people to get really frustrated/disappointed if they just can't manage to save up that week. On the other hand, if there's enough advance warning that the breed will be released during the festival (more than a month advance warning, hopefully XD) - I could see it as a pretty awesome flight perk during that flight's holiday, if members were able to grab limited scrolls. Or even if it could be found in rare chests. >.> I love the chance of finding random loots.
Ooh, I would definitely love festival-dragons. And it would make it more fair than having to wait till a flight wins dominance - since festivals are guaranteed each month, and aren't subject to chance. XD It might also be worth making the breed scrolls available to everyone during a festival, not just a particular flight, perhaps, since festival weeks tend to be pretty frantic as it is, with everyone trying to save for skins, find tokens/chests, etc. And having only a few people possibly able to get the scrolls (because they'll likely be massively expensive) might cause people to get really frustrated/disappointed if they just can't manage to save up that week. On the other hand, if there's enough advance warning that the breed will be released during the festival (more than a month advance warning, hopefully XD) - I could see it as a pretty awesome flight perk during that flight's holiday, if members were able to grab limited scrolls. Or even if it could be found in rare chests. >.> I love the chance of finding random loots.
Ayeee this is all things I'm for.

And someone just told me that this is an enormous task. I just realized that that's 11 different species, plus different genders, plus apparel.

So Festival ones would be better in terms of the load but in the far future especially when I don't think they even want to think about introducing a new dragon yet, especially when Skydancers were already a lot of work.
Sooo this idea was a little too far fetched. Woops. A girl can dream though.
Ayeee this is all things I'm for.

And someone just told me that this is an enormous task. I just realized that that's 11 different species, plus different genders, plus apparel.

So Festival ones would be better in terms of the load but in the far future especially when I don't think they even want to think about introducing a new dragon yet, especially when Skydancers were already a lot of work.
Sooo this idea was a little too far fetched. Woops. A girl can dream though.
a1IrWcm.png
I do like this idea! I suspect it's something that, if they implemented it, would probably be not be for a couple years, once they've released most of the already-planned stuff and had time to work these breeds up, but it would be really cool!
I do like this idea! I suspect it's something that, if they implemented it, would probably be not be for a couple years, once they've released most of the already-planned stuff and had time to work these breeds up, but it would be really cool!
This would be really neat!
This would be really neat!
hokaKWf.png
Wait...isn't this a thing already? If you read the encyclopedia it says where the dragon is from flight wise. Unless you mean like a...mini god looking dragon?
Like Ridgebacks are form Lightning, Pearls from Light, etc.
Wait...isn't this a thing already? If you read the encyclopedia it says where the dragon is from flight wise. Unless you mean like a...mini god looking dragon?
Like Ridgebacks are form Lightning, Pearls from Light, etc.
466w8yC.png
^ exactly.

And the server load, after other dragons would be huge! I feel that the dragons we have now are fine, like having double the types would just be over whelming. The only one species breeding games ik that have masses like that are horses, dogs, etc, witch could have all the same lineart and gender pictures. just different names. So a bunch of hand made art, for both genders would be huge, not including all the changes to appeal and other stuff to fit them. that would take days of work.
^ exactly.

And the server load, after other dragons would be huge! I feel that the dragons we have now are fine, like having double the types would just be over whelming. The only one species breeding games ik that have masses like that are horses, dogs, etc, witch could have all the same lineart and gender pictures. just different names. So a bunch of hand made art, for both genders would be huge, not including all the changes to appeal and other stuff to fit them. that would take days of work.
acq5hi.png
633887.gif
633888.gif
633889.gif
633890.gif
633891.gif
633892.gif
633893.gif
633894.gif
633895.gif
633896.gif
@RiverEcho

And here I thought that Pearl Catchers were a water dragon(because pearls=water was somehow involved)! XD
@RiverEcho

And here I thought that Pearl Catchers were a water dragon(because pearls=water was somehow involved)! XD
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page