Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Help me please.. ;;;
I seriously don't know what to do right now. I could really breakdown right now. I want to know if somebody could help me out here. I really don't know what to do. Let's just say somebody that I know is stuck neck down in depression. I'm trying really hard to help them out, but I don't know what to do. I've been throught it as well, but I can't help out well. I just.. I kinda need advice oh how to make people feel better. Well, or what can you do in this situation or what helps you get out of it..? If this gets deleted, sorry..
I seriously don't know what to do right now. I could really breakdown right now. I want to know if somebody could help me out here. I really don't know what to do. Let's just say somebody that I know is stuck neck down in depression. I'm trying really hard to help them out, but I don't know what to do. I've been throught it as well, but I can't help out well. I just.. I kinda need advice oh how to make people feel better. Well, or what can you do in this situation or what helps you get out of it..? If this gets deleted, sorry..
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
Hmm...I take therapy and it's CBT. Can be very useful for giving you tools on how to change your thinking to being more positive. I can attest that it has helped with my PTSD quite a lot. Different disorder, but there's usually some comorbidity with depression thrown in.

http://www.bpdrecovery.com/untwist-your-thinking

Basically, try to see if you can't get your friend to at least take a look at that list, if not give it a shot. Is it possible to see if they aren't willing to see a therapist or someone about what could be causing the depression, or at least listen to them talk about it if there's no cause to it?

Maybe try to engage them with their favorite activity to help get their mind in a more positive area?

You can continue to try to listen and be understanding too, but you seem to be reaching your breaking point. Don't forget that your mental health matters too! You can't help others out if you're not 100% with your mental state.

Ah forgot to ping @WhiteFox
Hmm...I take therapy and it's CBT. Can be very useful for giving you tools on how to change your thinking to being more positive. I can attest that it has helped with my PTSD quite a lot. Different disorder, but there's usually some comorbidity with depression thrown in.

http://www.bpdrecovery.com/untwist-your-thinking

Basically, try to see if you can't get your friend to at least take a look at that list, if not give it a shot. Is it possible to see if they aren't willing to see a therapist or someone about what could be causing the depression, or at least listen to them talk about it if there's no cause to it?

Maybe try to engage them with their favorite activity to help get their mind in a more positive area?

You can continue to try to listen and be understanding too, but you seem to be reaching your breaking point. Don't forget that your mental health matters too! You can't help others out if you're not 100% with your mental state.

Ah forgot to ping @WhiteFox
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@WhiteFox

Be sure to not put too much pressure on yourself to try and make them feel better. I've been depressed before, and i remember people trying to make me feel better. When you are depressed its hard to deal with feeling bad, and then feeling worse because you don't know how to make yourself feel better for your friends or family when they try to help. If they are truly depressed you should try to get them professional help. Spend time with them as much as you can, normal conversations and activities can help a lot. I know when i felt depressed it was really easy to feel worse when i was alone, depression can be such an introspective place, when you have people around you, even just hanging out or watching a movie can make you feel a lot better.
Just remember, you don't need to drive yourself crazy trying to "fix" them or their emotional state, be supportive and give as much help as they're willing to take.

Hopefully that helps?
I'm around if you want to PM me about anything as well

I hope they feel better soon!
@WhiteFox

Be sure to not put too much pressure on yourself to try and make them feel better. I've been depressed before, and i remember people trying to make me feel better. When you are depressed its hard to deal with feeling bad, and then feeling worse because you don't know how to make yourself feel better for your friends or family when they try to help. If they are truly depressed you should try to get them professional help. Spend time with them as much as you can, normal conversations and activities can help a lot. I know when i felt depressed it was really easy to feel worse when i was alone, depression can be such an introspective place, when you have people around you, even just hanging out or watching a movie can make you feel a lot better.
Just remember, you don't need to drive yourself crazy trying to "fix" them or their emotional state, be supportive and give as much help as they're willing to take.

Hopefully that helps?
I'm around if you want to PM me about anything as well

I hope they feel better soon!
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png