Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What song makes u immediately emotional?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
Lineart on the sketch layer for 2 hours makes me feel a primal emotion
Lineart on the sketch layer for 2 hours makes me feel a primal emotion
Dangit Bobby
probably you were beautiful by day6... i have a whole playlist of songs that make me sad for some indiscernible reason
probably you were beautiful by day6... i have a whole playlist of songs that make me sad for some indiscernible reason
tumblr_o5605efB1r1rdx0h0o7_540.gif
Oh gosh, there's so much I could put down but there's some stuff that I have a particular connection to.

Anything by Massive Attack, me and my partner got together at a few and far between concert of theirs in London. We'd been close for a few years prior, and it ended up being such a wonderful day.

Avril 14th by Aphex Twin, for no other reason then it's so hauntingly sentimental.

I'll link it below, just because it's such a beautiful piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6dGAZTj8xA

I'll put The City Ignites and Midnight Swim (the same song but City Ignites is the acoustic version. I like to listen to them in tandem) down too by 36 Crazyfists, because they take me back to that feeling of being a lost little teen. They were right. Everything was alright.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=city+ignites+36+crazyfists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAj8OEHj8fI
Oh gosh, there's so much I could put down but there's some stuff that I have a particular connection to.

Anything by Massive Attack, me and my partner got together at a few and far between concert of theirs in London. We'd been close for a few years prior, and it ended up being such a wonderful day.

Avril 14th by Aphex Twin, for no other reason then it's so hauntingly sentimental.

I'll link it below, just because it's such a beautiful piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6dGAZTj8xA

I'll put The City Ignites and Midnight Swim (the same song but City Ignites is the acoustic version. I like to listen to them in tandem) down too by 36 Crazyfists, because they take me back to that feeling of being a lost little teen. They were right. Everything was alright.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=city+ignites+36+crazyfists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAj8OEHj8fI
[quote name="@KitKatPurrpurr" date="2019-11-29 18:18:11" ] Any song from the game Journey, but Apotheosis (as obvious a choice as it is) always gets me. [/quote] Yes!! Along with "I Was Born For This" (specifically the Swedish Radio Symphony version – the absolute best) from the same soundtrack. Love the Joan of Arc–inspired chorus. Love the mingling of languages (Anglo Saxon, Latin, Ancient Greek, Japanese and a French chorus). It sounds like a sunset, fiercely blazing, courageous, soft and bittersweet. Anything from the Lord of the Rings, really. "Aniron", "May It Be", "Into the West" and "Arwen's Song" (from the Houses of Healing scene) always get me. I just really love Eowyn so "Arwen's Song" is particularly wonderful, while the other three are just so beautiful it's painful. Narnia soundtrack too. All of it. Just pure magic. "Stoick's Ship" from the HTTYD and anytime the Valka/"losing someone" leitmotif is used, especially in "As Long As He's Safe" from THAT scene in the third movie. "Stay Alive" by Jose Gonzales is another one, from the Secret Life of Walter Mitty soundtrack (one of my all-time favorite movies). It's so tender and hopeful. It sounds like the dawn. "Like the Dawn" and the entire Christmas album by the Oh Hellos. The former is a heartrending lament for Eve and the latter carries the kind of joy that's so keen and sweet that it aches in your gut. Oh, and "The Lament of Eustace Scrubb", also by the Oh Hellos. That song starts off with grief and regret and then it ends with an instrumental segment that sounds like coming back to life. It's one of my favorite songs of all time, do, do, listen to it.
@KitKatPurrpurr wrote on 2019-11-29 18:18:11:
Any song from the game Journey, but Apotheosis (as obvious a choice as it is) always gets me.
Yes!! Along with "I Was Born For This" (specifically the Swedish Radio Symphony version – the absolute best) from the same soundtrack. Love the Joan of Arc–inspired chorus. Love the mingling of languages (Anglo Saxon, Latin, Ancient Greek, Japanese and a French chorus). It sounds like a sunset, fiercely blazing, courageous, soft and bittersweet.

Anything from the Lord of the Rings, really. "Aniron", "May It Be", "Into the West" and "Arwen's Song" (from the Houses of Healing scene) always get me. I just really love Eowyn so "Arwen's Song" is particularly wonderful, while the other three are just so beautiful it's painful.

Narnia soundtrack too. All of it. Just pure magic.

"Stoick's Ship" from the HTTYD and anytime the Valka/"losing someone" leitmotif is used, especially in "As Long As He's Safe" from THAT scene in the third movie.

"Stay Alive" by Jose Gonzales is another one, from the Secret Life of Walter Mitty soundtrack (one of my all-time favorite movies). It's so tender and hopeful. It sounds like the dawn.

"Like the Dawn" and the entire Christmas album by the Oh Hellos. The former is a heartrending lament for Eve and the latter carries the kind of joy that's so keen and sweet that it aches in your gut. Oh, and "The Lament of Eustace Scrubb", also by the Oh Hellos. That song starts off with grief and regret and then it ends with an instrumental segment that sounds like coming back to life. It's one of my favorite songs of all time, do, do, listen to it.

aKHNXwM.png
Miss Sarajevo by U2 and Broken Angels by Over The Rhine both get me feelin some type of way. Most Of OTR's discography does, but this is just one of those that get me.

(please pardon my dad taste in music).
Miss Sarajevo by U2 and Broken Angels by Over The Rhine both get me feelin some type of way. Most Of OTR's discography does, but this is just one of those that get me.

(please pardon my dad taste in music).

Zoo | 24 | +3 Hrs
Bio Templates
Fandragons
Uae529o.png
American Pie brings me back to a weird and emotional time in my life. also Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
American Pie brings me back to a weird and emotional time in my life. also Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
you | keaton henson

I honestly don't know why I getting sad listening to this song. I guess because it reminds me of the future/past in a weird way?? still a beautiful song to hear while you're laying in bed doing nothing.

edit: or even ellie fountain's wait aaa :o
you | keaton henson

I honestly don't know why I getting sad listening to this song. I guess because it reminds me of the future/past in a weird way?? still a beautiful song to hear while you're laying in bed doing nothing.

edit: or even ellie fountain's wait aaa :o
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
"leave, luanne" from 35mm immediately makes me Angry and Hyped and i feel Powerful

"home" and "the place where the lost things go" from beetlejuice and mary poppins returns respectively make me cry almost every time
"leave, luanne" from 35mm immediately makes me Angry and Hyped and i feel Powerful

"home" and "the place where the lost things go" from beetlejuice and mary poppins returns respectively make me cry almost every time
426P9oS.png ______
owl | they/xe | frt+3
attune your ears to the grinding gears!
links | art comms
pokéfarm q | csmoothie
______ TXDw5VO.png
For me it's hands down Coldplays "Fix you" altho I never listen to Coldplay usually.

Another one is The Frays "you found me" and I never listen to the fray either haha...

Those are both instant tears down my face for several reasons.
For me it's hands down Coldplays "Fix you" altho I never listen to Coldplay usually.

Another one is The Frays "you found me" and I never listen to the fray either haha...

Those are both instant tears down my face for several reasons.
FR +9 so sorry if I respond slowly sometimes!
The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance hits hard....

Before the reunion I would say Welcome to the Black Parade made me feel sad but now, it makes me feel happy.
The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance hits hard....

Before the reunion I would say Welcome to the Black Parade made me feel sad but now, it makes me feel happy.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14