Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The game that got you into gaming
Spyro the Dragon 1 and 2 no doubt.
My first game was Rugrats in Paris for the Playstation, but I really got into video games when I got Spryo 1 and 2 a year later with a handful of other children's games (Pooh, Seasame Street, ect. I was around 5-6 at the time).
Out of most of the previous games, which had a set destination that I had to go, Spyro was much more open and let me explore the world and the story. The enemies had personality (Peacekeepers world had mooks that would show their butts at you in a teasing manner) and there was legit difficulty in the levels as the game continued.
Spyro changed how I saw games, and ALSO got me into dragons!
Spyro the Dragon 1 and 2 no doubt.
My first game was Rugrats in Paris for the Playstation, but I really got into video games when I got Spryo 1 and 2 a year later with a handful of other children's games (Pooh, Seasame Street, ect. I was around 5-6 at the time).
Out of most of the previous games, which had a set destination that I had to go, Spyro was much more open and let me explore the world and the story. The enemies had personality (Peacekeepers world had mooks that would show their butts at you in a teasing manner) and there was legit difficulty in the levels as the game continued.
Spyro changed how I saw games, and ALSO got me into dragons!
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
PUT PUT!!! (travels through time)

I spent hours on that as a kid! i though it was the best game ever, and I never did finish it! i just explored and went in circles XD
it inspired me to try other games, and I believe my second big one was Zoo Tycoon. endless fun =)
when I got older I moved onto bigger games, and I am mostly a Nintendo gamer (tame gaming like Zelda and Mario... paper Mario wii being my favorite)
PUT PUT!!! (travels through time)

I spent hours on that as a kid! i though it was the best game ever, and I never did finish it! i just explored and went in circles XD
it inspired me to try other games, and I believe my second big one was Zoo Tycoon. endless fun =)
when I got older I moved onto bigger games, and I am mostly a Nintendo gamer (tame gaming like Zelda and Mario... paper Mario wii being my favorite)
uPNWHgD.png
It's just gen historical
hetalia fanfic, mostly
oneshots. Pretty much
exclusively about England.
b0bf92dc0ac6462f5308856c2efad59eea6eb381.jpg
Please send me Turtles
1191.png
*rubs face tiredly* Oh boy that was a looong time ago... all my memories seem to blur together!

The VERY first video games I played were at ye ol' bowling alley arcade, things like CarnEvil, Mortal Kombat, California Speed, Gauntlet Legends, Big Buck Hunter, etc... button smashing was so much fun haha, and the constant running back to Mom & Dad and asking for quarters. I'm sure they're really happy to be past all that irritation!

(Yes, yes, I know I'm mentioning more than one or two games, but this is for important historical purposes!)

Past that I cant really figure out the timeline, I was on the PS2 playing things like Sly Cooper (still my all time favorite game series) and Battle for Bikini Bottom, Pokémon Sapphire on my shiny light blue GBA SP, and I faintly remember an old PC game at my day care called Jewel Thief.

Edit: I did some more thinking, and I remember I used to play the HECK out of those JumpStart Adventures games! And the ORIGINAL Oregon Trail... Rollercoaster Tycoon... Zoo Tycoon... Toy Story for PC... oh god it's all coming back to me now, I'm going to have to stop typing xD

Then around 2006 my lifelong curse and addiction started when my older brother (I have fond memories of sitting watching him play) introduced me to a little ol' MMO called World of Warcraft.
*rubs face tiredly* Oh boy that was a looong time ago... all my memories seem to blur together!

The VERY first video games I played were at ye ol' bowling alley arcade, things like CarnEvil, Mortal Kombat, California Speed, Gauntlet Legends, Big Buck Hunter, etc... button smashing was so much fun haha, and the constant running back to Mom & Dad and asking for quarters. I'm sure they're really happy to be past all that irritation!

(Yes, yes, I know I'm mentioning more than one or two games, but this is for important historical purposes!)

Past that I cant really figure out the timeline, I was on the PS2 playing things like Sly Cooper (still my all time favorite game series) and Battle for Bikini Bottom, Pokémon Sapphire on my shiny light blue GBA SP, and I faintly remember an old PC game at my day care called Jewel Thief.

Edit: I did some more thinking, and I remember I used to play the HECK out of those JumpStart Adventures games! And the ORIGINAL Oregon Trail... Rollercoaster Tycoon... Zoo Tycoon... Toy Story for PC... oh god it's all coming back to me now, I'm going to have to stop typing xD

Then around 2006 my lifelong curse and addiction started when my older brother (I have fond memories of sitting watching him play) introduced me to a little ol' MMO called World of Warcraft.
I wanna say Pokemon, but if I'm being more honest it was probably Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak. I think my first video game was A Bugs Life for the Gameboy though...
I wanna say Pokemon, but if I'm being more honest it was probably Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak. I think my first video game was A Bugs Life for the Gameboy though...
I've played mario and other random games on a knock-off console (the cartridges looked like Famicom, but the controllers were exact copies of ps1, it also came with a "gun" and a keyboard/mouse??) but what made me into a gamer was definitely Age of Mythology.
I've played mario and other random games on a knock-off console (the cartridges looked like Famicom, but the controllers were exact copies of ps1, it also came with a "gun" and a keyboard/mouse??) but what made me into a gamer was definitely Age of Mythology.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
My first video games, strictly speaking, were those for educational kiddie consoles the VSmile and Leapster. My favorites were a Winnie-the-Pooh game, a Spider-Man game, a Batman game, and a game about Sorcerer Mickey because they were the most like “real video games.” When I was 5, I finally got a Game Boy Advance SP with Super Mario Bros 3 and Pokémon Ruby. When I got my tonsils out, I was allowed to buy two Xbox video games of my choice as consolation. I picked the licensed games for Ice Age 2 and Madagascar, which I enjoyed more than the movies they were based on, tbh. I played those over and over for years afterward.
My first video games, strictly speaking, were those for educational kiddie consoles the VSmile and Leapster. My favorites were a Winnie-the-Pooh game, a Spider-Man game, a Batman game, and a game about Sorcerer Mickey because they were the most like “real video games.” When I was 5, I finally got a Game Boy Advance SP with Super Mario Bros 3 and Pokémon Ruby. When I got my tonsils out, I was allowed to buy two Xbox video games of my choice as consolation. I picked the licensed games for Ice Age 2 and Madagascar, which I enjoyed more than the movies they were based on, tbh. I played those over and over for years afterward.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Little Big Planet 1, some edutainment games for the Leap Frog, and Pokemon Emerald, though I never finished Emerald...
Little Big Planet 1, some edutainment games for the Leap Frog, and Pokemon Emerald, though I never finished Emerald...
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
First game I ever finished myself was The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass for DS Lite. I remember having huuuuge problems with the main temple (basically Guards everywhere and time limit uuuUUUUgh I learned to hate time limits back then). I got into the series (and gaming) because my father borrowed Zelda Twilight Princess from his brother and since he played that in the livingroom us kids were allowed to sit on the couch and watch him play. I wasn't allowed to play it myself because I was too young (Yes mama said a 10yr old can't play a game for 12yr olds...) So it was even WoRSE when he just STOPPED. My Godfather got Zelda PH and a DS Lite (With super mario bros included) for me so I'd finally stop crying about it. Best. Christmasgift. Ever.

I'm still a Zelda fan today (about 10 yrs later) but at the moment Final Fantasy XV is the game that completely wrecks my social skills even though I've finished that almost a year ago (powered through it in one week because I couldn't stop playing)

Edit: Zelda PH is my first completed game. I used to play speedy blupi on our PC but was super bad at it. I also faintly remember playing some stuff on a gameboy but all I know is that Mario was in it.
First game I ever finished myself was The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass for DS Lite. I remember having huuuuge problems with the main temple (basically Guards everywhere and time limit uuuUUUUgh I learned to hate time limits back then). I got into the series (and gaming) because my father borrowed Zelda Twilight Princess from his brother and since he played that in the livingroom us kids were allowed to sit on the couch and watch him play. I wasn't allowed to play it myself because I was too young (Yes mama said a 10yr old can't play a game for 12yr olds...) So it was even WoRSE when he just STOPPED. My Godfather got Zelda PH and a DS Lite (With super mario bros included) for me so I'd finally stop crying about it. Best. Christmasgift. Ever.

I'm still a Zelda fan today (about 10 yrs later) but at the moment Final Fantasy XV is the game that completely wrecks my social skills even though I've finished that almost a year ago (powered through it in one week because I couldn't stop playing)

Edit: Zelda PH is my first completed game. I used to play speedy blupi on our PC but was super bad at it. I also faintly remember playing some stuff on a gameboy but all I know is that Mario was in it.
3169374761_1_7_V7IQH2JC.gif[/center]
Well, on the handheld, mine would have to be pokemon yellow. On the console it would be....indiana jones (the old one for the original xbox). But what REALLY got me into gaming was turok, and the first halo. I loved the multiplayer, even if we had to split screens. But my friend and i also played the first James Bond game (again, original xbox).

RPG games? Runescape. Ah yes, the game that i play to this day (on and off, though). I started playing runescape when my friend introduced me to it, around 2005. I even had the skill book guide for it and everything. But i also loved the legend of zelda and other dungeon crawlers.
Not much was around when i was growing up in terms of PC gaming, since everyone back then had maybe 1 computer per household. And consoles were just coming into the picture as well.
Well, on the handheld, mine would have to be pokemon yellow. On the console it would be....indiana jones (the old one for the original xbox). But what REALLY got me into gaming was turok, and the first halo. I loved the multiplayer, even if we had to split screens. But my friend and i also played the first James Bond game (again, original xbox).

RPG games? Runescape. Ah yes, the game that i play to this day (on and off, though). I started playing runescape when my friend introduced me to it, around 2005. I even had the skill book guide for it and everything. But i also loved the legend of zelda and other dungeon crawlers.
Not much was around when i was growing up in terms of PC gaming, since everyone back then had maybe 1 computer per household. And consoles were just coming into the picture as well.
World of Warcraft definitely got me started on gaming! My dad got me into it when I was younger ^^" Also, Little Big Planet 1 and The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon were other contributors.
World of Warcraft definitely got me started on gaming! My dad got me into it when I was younger ^^" Also, Little Big Planet 1 and The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon were other contributors.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png