Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Queer Crew?
I'm non-binary aro ace. By the way, does anyone know why "nonbinary" without a dash suddenly seems to have become way more popular? I'm super-attached to the dash so I'm concerned about this development. @Benzaldehyde [quote name="Benzaldehyde" date="2014-11-19 21:51:19"]I'm Dani, I identify as queer. In my spare time I like drawing. What are your hobbies? :D[/quote] I read this as "I like drawing and in my spare time I identify as queer. What are your hobbies? :D" It reminds me of a post I saw recently that's like: "*turns off my gender when people leave the room to conserve energy*"
I'm non-binary aro ace. By the way, does anyone know why "nonbinary" without a dash suddenly seems to have become way more popular? I'm super-attached to the dash so I'm concerned about this development.

@Benzaldehyde
Benzaldehyde wrote on 2014-11-19 21:51:19:
I'm Dani, I identify as queer. In my spare time I like drawing. What are your hobbies? :D

I read this as "I like drawing and in my spare time I identify as queer. What are your hobbies? :D"

It reminds me of a post I saw recently that's like: "*turns off my gender when people leave the room to conserve energy*"
kiroshen.png He/his/him. FR time +1. 332paxj.jpg
[quote name="Kyrtian" date="2014-11-20 18:43:52"]I'm non-binary aro ace. By the way, does anyone know why "nonbinary" without a dash suddenly seems to have become way more popular? I'm super-attached to the dash so I'm concerned about this development. [/quote] I've also seen "non binary" quite often too, which seems kinda odd to me? I don't really know why, but I personally like it with the dash myself. I hope it's just a matter of personal preference?
Kyrtian wrote on 2014-11-20 18:43:52:
I'm non-binary aro ace. By the way, does anyone know why "nonbinary" without a dash suddenly seems to have become way more popular? I'm super-attached to the dash so I'm concerned about this development.

I've also seen "non binary" quite often too, which seems kinda odd to me? I don't really know why, but I personally like it with the dash myself. I hope it's just a matter of personal preference?
Searching for Marigold/Brown/Sanguine.
@Waterwayfinder I've seen that, too! I feel like "but I'm dash-gender!!! D:".

I tried to look it up but Google has no interest in the difference between spaces and dashes and non-spaces so it came up with nothing.

Maybe this will become super-important in the future and everyone will write non*binary to be inclusive.
@Waterwayfinder I've seen that, too! I feel like "but I'm dash-gender!!! D:".

I tried to look it up but Google has no interest in the difference between spaces and dashes and non-spaces so it came up with nothing.

Maybe this will become super-important in the future and everyone will write non*binary to be inclusive.
kiroshen.png He/his/him. FR time +1. 332paxj.jpg
@Kyrtian

Yeah, you know, I only do that queer thing as a part-time gig. :P
@Kyrtian

@Waterwayfinder whaaaat that is p interesting ive never heard of that before.
@Waterwayfinder whaaaat that is p interesting ive never heard of that before.
@Kyrtian Oh, please not the astricks. We've been through it before and it just ended badly. I rather stay away from that mess thank you.
@Kyrtian Oh, please not the astricks. We've been through it before and it just ended badly. I rather stay away from that mess thank you.
@PeculiarNebulae Ah, well, most people just use biromantic, but since one of the definitions of bi is "attracted to same gender and other gender(s)" I'm kinda uncomfortable using it? So I just went with polyromantic instead, since it's a thing, and it fits.
@PeculiarNebulae Ah, well, most people just use biromantic, but since one of the definitions of bi is "attracted to same gender and other gender(s)" I'm kinda uncomfortable using it? So I just went with polyromantic instead, since it's a thing, and it fits.
[quote name="Benzaldehyde" date="2014-11-20 18:49:59"]@Kyrtian Yeah, you know, I only do that queer thing as a part-time gig. :P[/quote] That's the best thing I've ever read! Can I use that as a quick witted response from now on please?
Benzaldehyde wrote on 2014-11-20 18:49:59:
@Kyrtian

That's the best thing I've ever read! Can I use that as a quick witted response from now on please?
76561198133717324.png

~~ FR-time +9hrs~~
[quote name="Waterwayfinder" date="2014-11-20 18:56:18"]@PeculiarNebulae Ah, well, most people just use biromantic, but since one of the definitions of bi is "attracted to same gender and other gender(s)" I'm kinda uncomfortable using it? So I just went with polyromantic instead, since it's a thing, and it fits.[/quote] Yeah I hear ya. I for the most part think I am pan even though I have some leanings towards lasses and agender people. I tried using the bi sexual but I feel like its out of place on me. I saw your post above with the asterisk thing and if you dont mind me asking, whats wrong with the asterisk versus no asterisk? Ive seen people not agree with the asterisk next to trans. Is it similar to that?
Waterwayfinder wrote on 2014-11-20 18:56:18:

Yeah I hear ya. I for the most part think I am pan even though I have some leanings towards lasses and agender people. I tried using the bi sexual but I feel like its out of place on me. I saw your post above with the asterisk thing and if you dont mind me asking, whats wrong with the asterisk versus no asterisk? Ive seen people not agree with the asterisk next to trans. Is it similar to that?
*pansexual female rolls in*

hello fellow queers
*pansexual female rolls in*

hello fellow queers
thing_zps1c03e316.gif