Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Natural G1 Triples: Fun Facts~!
As we approach 90 million dragons, I thought it would be fun to do a bit of a deep dive into just how exceptionally rare a triple G1 hatch is. My main interest here was in the 'naturally' hatched Gen1s- for our purposes, we are going to exclude progenitors, raffle prizes, and any dragons on the admin accounts. For example, there are 1,241 XXX Gen1 dragons according to the Dragon Search as of posting. 844 of those are progens, 7 belong to Aequorin, 142 are prizes from Roundsey, and 1 is confirmed generated by the dev team. That leaves us with only 249 triples that have come from unhatched eggs! [emoji=coatl scared size=1] And, brace yourself... 11 of those have been exalted. Oof. [emoji=eliminate size=1] Some other fun facts: [LIST] [*] There is a fairly even split between male and female hatchlings- 122 and 126 respectively. [*] There are 8 Imperials [*] Water is the most common element with 30. [*] Earth is the rarest with 15 [*] Wildclaw is the most popular breed with 52 [*] There are no triple Sandsurges to date [*] The other least popular breed changes are Snapper and Ridgeback, with only 1 triple each [*] Only 85 triples have hatched since the colour wheel expansion in 2016. [*] Tragically, 24 triples are on locked accounts. [*] To date, there have been no hatches with the following colours (bolded names are from the original 67 colours available at launch): Dust, Smoke, Flint, Oilslick, Eldritch, Plum, Wisteria, [b]Thistle[/b], Fog, Orchid, Amethyst, Nightshade, Grape, Sapphire, Ultramarine, Periwinkle, Cornflower, Overcast, Abyss, Phthalo, Cyan, Robin, Turquoise, Spruce, Pistachio, Mint, [b]Jade[/b], Spearmint, Thicket, Shamrock, Hunter, [b]Forest[/b], Algae, Mantis, Pear, Radioactive, Honeydew, Olive, Moss, Amber, Honey, Grapefruit, Flaxen, Buttercup, Metals, Marigold, Saffron, Sunset, Cantaloupe, Terracotta, Carrot, Tangerine, Cinnamon, Caramel, Tan, Taupe, Driftwood, Sable, Hickory, Ginger, Copper, Vermillion, Cherry, Garnet, Sanguine, Cerise, Brick, Blush, Watermelon, Fuchsia, Mauve, Bubblegum, Pearl [*] Meanwhile, the most common XXX colours are Denim (8), Coal (7), and Ivory (7). [/LIST] For more info and visuals, or if you'd like to make your own conclusions to share, [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/127gbyYukZG6BGEjKYQnCnfgdEUM6CCwukvPbzr2Lw-A/edit?usp=sharing]please feel free to check out my colourful and honestly quite ugly spreadsheet here[/url]. -------------------- Edit: Numbers have been adjusted, since the exalted Cyan was specially generated to showcase the Lightning exalt pillar. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2402193#post_2402193][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/howodd/line_them_blocks_up.jpg[/img][/url] Edit: Numbers revised and Sapphire XXX has been removed; that's another one of Aequorin's that slipped through the initial review Edit: Numbers revised to distinguish G1s on locked/banned accounts. Edit: Numbers revised due to new hatch [emoji=firework size=1]
As we approach 90 million dragons, I thought it would be fun to do a bit of a deep dive into just how exceptionally rare a triple G1 hatch is.

My main interest here was in the 'naturally' hatched Gen1s- for our purposes, we are going to exclude progenitors, raffle prizes, and any dragons on the admin accounts.

For example, there are 1,241 XXX Gen1 dragons according to the Dragon Search as of posting. 844 of those are progens, 7 belong to Aequorin, 142 are prizes from Roundsey, and 1 is confirmed generated by the dev team.

That leaves us with only 249 triples that have come from unhatched eggs!

And, brace yourself... 11 of those have been exalted. Oof.

Some other fun facts:
  • There is a fairly even split between male and female hatchlings- 122 and 126 respectively.
  • There are 8 Imperials
  • Water is the most common element with 30.
  • Earth is the rarest with 15
  • Wildclaw is the most popular breed with 52
  • There are no triple Sandsurges to date
  • The other least popular breed changes are Snapper and Ridgeback, with only 1 triple each
  • Only 85 triples have hatched since the colour wheel expansion in 2016.
  • Tragically, 24 triples are on locked accounts.
  • To date, there have been no hatches with the following colours (bolded names are from the original 67 colours available at launch):

Dust, Smoke, Flint, Oilslick, Eldritch, Plum, Wisteria, Thistle, Fog, Orchid, Amethyst, Nightshade, Grape, Sapphire, Ultramarine, Periwinkle, Cornflower, Overcast, Abyss, Phthalo, Cyan, Robin, Turquoise, Spruce, Pistachio, Mint, Jade, Spearmint, Thicket, Shamrock, Hunter, Forest, Algae, Mantis, Pear, Radioactive, Honeydew, Olive, Moss, Amber, Honey, Grapefruit, Flaxen, Buttercup, Metals, Marigold, Saffron, Sunset, Cantaloupe, Terracotta, Carrot, Tangerine, Cinnamon, Caramel, Tan, Taupe, Driftwood, Sable, Hickory, Ginger, Copper, Vermillion, Cherry, Garnet, Sanguine, Cerise, Brick, Blush, Watermelon, Fuchsia, Mauve, Bubblegum, Pearl
  • Meanwhile, the most common XXX colours are Denim (8), Coal (7), and Ivory (7).

For more info and visuals, or if you'd like to make your own conclusions to share, please feel free to check out my colourful and honestly quite ugly spreadsheet here.

Edit: Numbers have been adjusted, since the exalted Cyan was specially generated to showcase the Lightning exalt pillar.

line_them_blocks_up.jpg

Edit: Numbers revised and Sapphire XXX has been removed; that's another one of Aequorin's that slipped through the initial review

Edit: Numbers revised to distinguish G1s on locked/banned accounts.

Edit: Numbers revised due to new hatch
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
82 natural triples in 7 years,,, yowch
really generalized math means thats a little over 10 triples a year, and a little bit under 1 a month
would be interesting to compare the frequency with which natural triples hatch against the rate of how many g1s are hatched each day to get an idea of how often people are rolling the dice and how rare they really are in practice instead of just in theory

i also wonder how scatterscrolls might have affected that number, if all of those triples were hatched like that or scattered into it after hatching. it'd be interesting to know how that impacts it too, since i know some people pour hundreds or even thousands of scatters into dragons in hopes of perfect colors, and each one of those scatters is sort of like an extra, unrecorded g1 hatch

seeing the IDs of the dragons in rainbow order on the spreadsheet like that is a really neat visual
82 natural triples in 7 years,,, yowch
really generalized math means thats a little over 10 triples a year, and a little bit under 1 a month
would be interesting to compare the frequency with which natural triples hatch against the rate of how many g1s are hatched each day to get an idea of how often people are rolling the dice and how rare they really are in practice instead of just in theory

i also wonder how scatterscrolls might have affected that number, if all of those triples were hatched like that or scattered into it after hatching. it'd be interesting to know how that impacts it too, since i know some people pour hundreds or even thousands of scatters into dragons in hopes of perfect colors, and each one of those scatters is sort of like an extra, unrecorded g1 hatch

seeing the IDs of the dragons in rainbow order on the spreadsheet like that is a really neat visual
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

on at weird times
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
Whoa, had no idea how unique and rare my triple maroon is. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74508814][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/745089/74508814_350.png[/img][/url]
Whoa, had no idea how unique and rare my triple maroon is.

74508814_350.png
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
iirc Shockswitch was generated for showing off Lightning's exalt pillar, so that's one less, at least! [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] fascinating stuff though, i wonder if any of the other exalts are from staff (testing purposes etc), or were maybe even hacked in and forcibly removed like some of those old G1 Imps.
iirc Shockswitch was generated for showing off Lightning's exalt pillar, so that's one less, at least! fascinating stuff though, i wonder if any of the other exalts are from staff (testing purposes etc), or were maybe even hacked in and forcibly removed like some of those old G1 Imps.
Coliseum banner showing a regal golden Coatl with an azure crest and wings.
Coliseum banner showing a heavily-armored Nocturne.
they/them
Lair Directory:
The old Lightning avatar banner, linking to After's Lair Directory.
... Coliseum banner showing a white-bodied and black-winged Spiral.
Coliseum banner showing a pink and black Imperial with light blue face markings.
@corrosivelimes

Yeah I am curious about scatters but, like the random progens, there's not really a way to know for sure which is which. Even the info included by the owners might not be 100% accurate.

And at the end of the day, they are fundamentally the same as a hatched triple- it's the same crazy RNG! The main variance would be what date the XXX was rolled, I suppose? :o
@corrosivelimes

Yeah I am curious about scatters but, like the random progens, there's not really a way to know for sure which is which. Even the info included by the owners might not be 100% accurate.

And at the end of the day, they are fundamentally the same as a hatched triple- it's the same crazy RNG! The main variance would be what date the XXX was rolled, I suppose? :o
M i s s A r i #29593
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
The person hatches the XXX pearl is going to be a dragon millionaire-
The person hatches the XXX pearl is going to be a dragon millionaire-
IMG-0733.gif
I feel so lucky to have been able to afford a 1 of 246 dragon! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/21696746][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/216968/21696746_350.png[/img][/url] Maybe in 20 years I can self hatch one :D
I feel so lucky to have been able to afford a 1 of 246 dragon!
21696746_350.png

Maybe in 20 years I can self hatch one :D
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
@BlackandTan @Zoologist Show offs! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] But justifiably so- you have some very special dragons right there <3 @After That's a bit of a relief, I kept wondering to myself why she would have been exalted. I mean, you wonder why ANY of the triples were exalted but this one had a cute name and matching eyes and everything. I tracked down the source so I'll include that in my top post and adjust the numbers! Thank you for the tip :D @Astaraela Right? Like, of course any triple will get you fat stacks of dragon cash but a Rose or a Pearl would be amazing even as a bystander. I'm not a G1 collector myself but I'd love to watch the bidding wars [emoji=coatl star size=1]
@BlackandTan @Zoologist

Show offs! But justifiably so- you have some very special dragons right there <3

@After

That's a bit of a relief, I kept wondering to myself why she would have been exalted. I mean, you wonder why ANY of the triples were exalted but this one had a cute name and matching eyes and everything.

I tracked down the source so I'll include that in my top post and adjust the numbers! Thank you for the tip :D

@Astaraela

Right? Like, of course any triple will get you fat stacks of dragon cash but a Rose or a Pearl would be amazing even as a bystander. I'm not a G1 collector myself but I'd love to watch the bidding wars
M i s s A r i #29593
Oh oof, don't show this to that one person who loves pear...
Oh oof, don't show this to that one person who loves pear...
FD1rkPC.png dac5c205911117729a82f72c1cdf25cc70a0d072.pnglIvZUb1.png
That exalted triple black even had ice eyes ;;
That exalted triple black even had ice eyes ;;
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png