Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weird things you thought as a fr noob?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Early on in FR history, when Imperials were genuinely hard to come by and not seen that often, I thought "Imp" referred to Fae (mischievous fairy creatures, you know?). I often wondered what was so great about the seemingly mundane Fae.
Early on in FR history, when Imperials were genuinely hard to come by and not seen that often, I thought "Imp" referred to Fae (mischievous fairy creatures, you know?). I often wondered what was so great about the seemingly mundane Fae.
ctFAI4k.gif
I thought that 13kt was a lot.
I literally have a pricing guide that goes from ‘super uglies’ for 1g to ‘mega pretties’ for 10g or more. Boy, was I stupid.
I thought that 13kt was a lot.
I literally have a pricing guide that goes from ‘super uglies’ for 1g to ‘mega pretties’ for 10g or more. Boy, was I stupid.
Z1RkWWM.png
I used to think different breeds were “hybrids” of the plentiful ones
I used to think different breeds were “hybrids” of the plentiful ones
Antique Oil Lamp Paleogene
she/her
I collect bug items and transmuted treasures
nnnnnn
Transmuted Treasure
Somehow, I didn't know that genes existed but I knew about skins. So, when I went to the AH, I was very confused why everyone was selling their dragons with "skins" on.
I also thought that Pinkerton's plundered pile was the most generous, most amazing thing in the game and I was super excited to get items from him.
Somehow, I didn't know that genes existed but I knew about skins. So, when I went to the AH, I was very confused why everyone was selling their dragons with "skins" on.
I also thought that Pinkerton's plundered pile was the most generous, most amazing thing in the game and I was super excited to get items from him.
LGBT+  Progress Queer

Nonbinary They/She
xx4VlncxY.png xx uPOLOvt.png
SV9CXSe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
as a 2013 oldie i am incredibly amused by how the newer mechanics added on throughout the years would affect new players in all sorts of unintentional ways

i don't really have any fun stories of teenage me struggling (although i did have some not-so-fun adventures in the forums early on) but i have taken several hiatuses and my impatience has gotten the best of me in the worst of ways

(most of these are pre-glimmer + gloom solved puzzle guides and there really was no quick way to make treasure in this game)

- i used to have sprites! ...not anymore though <3 i really REALLY wanted some breed change scrolls or smth evidently bcus i sold them all for LAH for some quick bux. imagine if i kept them now, wild

- i did used to devalue trip-basic hatchlings and sold off/EXALTED some of my older 5-digit and 6-digit dragons... it was not a fun time when i came back and realized what i had done years later

- misunderstood how the coli should have been approached and leveled all my dragons (at the time) with equal stat distribution, then wondered why i kept getting obliterated in the forgotten cave (pre-update)... at least now i know minmaxing is the way to go!
as a 2013 oldie i am incredibly amused by how the newer mechanics added on throughout the years would affect new players in all sorts of unintentional ways

i don't really have any fun stories of teenage me struggling (although i did have some not-so-fun adventures in the forums early on) but i have taken several hiatuses and my impatience has gotten the best of me in the worst of ways

(most of these are pre-glimmer + gloom solved puzzle guides and there really was no quick way to make treasure in this game)

- i used to have sprites! ...not anymore though <3 i really REALLY wanted some breed change scrolls or smth evidently bcus i sold them all for LAH for some quick bux. imagine if i kept them now, wild

- i did used to devalue trip-basic hatchlings and sold off/EXALTED some of my older 5-digit and 6-digit dragons... it was not a fun time when i came back and realized what i had done years later

- misunderstood how the coli should have been approached and leveled all my dragons (at the time) with equal stat distribution, then wondered why i kept getting obliterated in the forgotten cave (pre-update)... at least now i know minmaxing is the way to go!
Coastline-Sawbeak.png 5OZS7SI.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
JvUa9ma.png
oouioVf.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
11efmKl.png
sold my progen’s children unnamed for 2g each. thankfully the person who bought them for fodder gave them names before getting yote
sold my progen’s children unnamed for 2g each. thankfully the person who bought them for fodder gave them names before getting yote
wqnTQE2.png · they/them
· intp - aquarius
· autistic
· sales tab
I thought dragons could actually get gembond from some cobra enemy in Crystal pools
I thought dragons could actually get gembond from some cobra enemy in Crystal pools
After seeing some of the swipp trades that are like, bone bits for the bone crown, or leather scraps for the leather satchels, I just assumed that if I got enough scroll cases in gathering, I could trade them to swipp for the scroll case sling apparel...
After seeing some of the swipp trades that are like, bone bits for the bone crown, or leather scraps for the leather satchels, I just assumed that if I got enough scroll cases in gathering, I could trade them to swipp for the scroll case sling apparel...
[quote name="Beeff" date="2021-07-03 15:59:45" ] I thought dragons could actually get gembond from some cobra enemy in Crystal pools [/quote] Same!! Even after I realized that dragons fighting in coli wouldn't just suddenly get the gene after fighting cobras, I thought surely they must at least drop the gene scrolls as loot... it was very disappointing to learn otherwise. I don't even like gembond that much, I just thought it would be cool Edit: I just realized the maned/spined cobra familiars aren't even coli enemies.... the food items fornthem are gathering only...
Beeff wrote on 2021-07-03 15:59:45:
Same!! Even after I realized that dragons fighting in coli wouldn't just suddenly get the gene after fighting cobras, I thought surely they must at least drop the gene scrolls as loot... it was very disappointing to learn otherwise.
I don't even like gembond that much, I just thought it would be cool

Edit: I just realized the maned/spined cobra familiars aren't even coli enemies.... the food items fornthem are gathering only...
Oh I have a few!
-this isn't a weird thing I thought, but I didn't really touch the forums for my first year of playing, and only really started to look at them this year.
- I thought Crystal and facet were super ultra rare genes, and so I bought many dragons with these genes, but I didn't even really liked how they looked.
-for about my first year I didn't know that Galore's or Fiona's existed. I guess the screen of my computer didn't show it, and I was in for a huge shock when I moved to mobile.
-I thought that when gifting familiars their rank (?) Passed down with them.
- I also ignored dominance and the elemental festivals.
- I thought eggs were super common, so I hatched all mine ;-;

I'm really not sure why I thought some of this lol.
Oh I have a few!
-this isn't a weird thing I thought, but I didn't really touch the forums for my first year of playing, and only really started to look at them this year.
- I thought Crystal and facet were super ultra rare genes, and so I bought many dragons with these genes, but I didn't even really liked how they looked.
-for about my first year I didn't know that Galore's or Fiona's existed. I guess the screen of my computer didn't show it, and I was in for a huge shock when I moved to mobile.
-I thought that when gifting familiars their rank (?) Passed down with them.
- I also ignored dominance and the elemental festivals.
- I thought eggs were super common, so I hatched all mine ;-;

I'm really not sure why I thought some of this lol.
434-Ga-ZA-1.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12