Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
[quote name="purrdri" date="2020-06-03 13:11:35" ] [i]Human lives[/i] aren't politics. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637935483535491106/717832501154021467/96767018_1434025043469174_2912400220857827328_n.png[/img] [/quote] So... only issues you personally find boring and not controversial are political?
purrdri wrote on 2020-06-03 13:11:35:
Human lives aren't politics.

96767018_1434025043469174_2912400220857827328_n.png
So... only issues you personally find boring and not controversial are political?
j3zsWMV.png
[quote name="Rolyo" date="2020-06-03 13:04:07" ] @qunii @artanisnerwen the important element of artanis's message is that FR is an escape. we should not cling to the fact that racism is misrepresented as a political agenda (which it is, I hear you) and instead consider their primary point that real life is often incredibly overwhelming, and no matter how important the cause, everyone desperately needs a break sometimes. FR is an escape. there is no question. you should not say that the people who see FR as an escape and are uncomfortable with this discussion are racist sympathizers, either. not everyone has the battery to cope with things like this for too long. when the things you use to recharge become inundated with stressors, it's hard. minorities have it hard too. I know. BLM is an incredibly important movement and change is necessary if we are to become any better. but not everyone has the strength to be a hero, and we should not fault them for it. [/quote] I understand that and I have similar views about FR being an escape. But BLM still is not political and people shouldn't call wanting justice for minorities or even speaking out like FR staff did, a political stance. Minorities existing is not political. Like what this user said: [quote name="voidbeast" date="2020-06-03 11:28:30" ] this isn't a political issue by the way, the only reason things like racism, homophobia, misogyny, other human rights issues keep getting lumped into politics is because some people ascribe mistreating others to political beliefs. it isn't really an exception that staff is addressing this topic and letting us discuss it, its just not a genuine political issue [/quote]
Rolyo wrote on 2020-06-03 13:04:07:
@qunii @artanisnerwen
the important element of artanis's message is that FR is an escape. we should not cling to the fact that racism is misrepresented as a political agenda (which it is, I hear you) and instead consider their primary point that real life is often incredibly overwhelming, and no matter how important the cause, everyone desperately needs a break sometimes.

FR is an escape. there is no question. you should not say that the people who see FR as an escape and are uncomfortable with this discussion are racist sympathizers, either. not everyone has the battery to cope with things like this for too long. when the things you use to recharge become inundated with stressors, it's hard.

minorities have it hard too. I know. BLM is an incredibly important movement and change is necessary if we are to become any better. but not everyone has the strength to be a hero, and we should not fault them for it.
I understand that and I have similar views about FR being an escape. But BLM still is not political and people shouldn't call wanting justice for minorities or even speaking out like FR staff did, a political stance. Minorities existing is not political.

Like what this user said:
voidbeast wrote on 2020-06-03 11:28:30:
this isn't a political issue by the way, the only reason things like racism, homophobia, misogyny, other human rights issues keep getting lumped into politics is because some people ascribe mistreating others to political beliefs. it isn't really an exception that staff is addressing this topic and letting us discuss it, its just not a genuine political issue
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
@ArtanisNerwen

I don't know how to tell you people deserve to live without fear.
@ArtanisNerwen

I don't know how to tell you people deserve to live without fear.
QFXpYkj.png
I'm glad that the site is taking a strong stance on this. This situation needs all the help it can get, and that includes support from businesses, including entertainment.
I'm glad that the site is taking a strong stance on this. This situation needs all the help it can get, and that includes support from businesses, including entertainment.
PPlYEpQ.png
[quote name="Aliae" date="2020-06-03 13:03:20" ] [quote name="Azurepocalypse" date="2020-06-03 12:52:50" ] I wish staff had been maybe a bit more clear as to what's going on with the anniversary event now? But hopefully more updates on that will come soon. [/quote] Yeah, this ^. I appreciate them taking a stance, and I agree with it, but now its very unclear what IS happening. And I'm not too keen on them canceling/removing things. That doesn't seem like it will do anything beyond take away a moment of peace and calm in the middle of a world on fire. Instead of canceling stuff, maybe donate all gem sale proceeds to charities for a month, or something like that? It would have impact beyond the site, and it wouldn't take away one of the few good things going on right now. [/quote] These. You said it better than I could.
Aliae wrote on 2020-06-03 13:03:20:
Azurepocalypse wrote on 2020-06-03 12:52:50:
I wish staff had been maybe a bit more clear as to what's going on with the anniversary event now? But hopefully more updates on that will come soon.

Yeah, this ^. I appreciate them taking a stance, and I agree with it, but now its very unclear what IS happening. And I'm not too keen on them canceling/removing things. That doesn't seem like it will do anything beyond take away a moment of peace and calm in the middle of a world on fire. Instead of canceling stuff, maybe donate all gem sale proceeds to charities for a month, or something like that? It would have impact beyond the site, and it wouldn't take away one of the few good things going on right now.

These. You said it better than I could.
                              ONhwlz1.gif
Hi! I'm Sloan
'91, ??, FR+2
Tritype 459     
[quote name="ArtanisNerwen" date="2020-06-03 13:16:24" ] [quote name="purrdri" date="2020-06-03 13:11:35" ] [i]Human lives[/i] aren't politics. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637935483535491106/717832501154021467/96767018_1434025043469174_2912400220857827328_n.png[/img] [/quote] So... only issues you personally find boring and not controversial are political? [/quote] lmao this dude really just said screw blm
ArtanisNerwen wrote on 2020-06-03 13:16:24:
purrdri wrote on 2020-06-03 13:11:35:
Human lives aren't politics.

96767018_1434025043469174_2912400220857827328_n.png
So... only issues you personally find boring and not controversial are political?

lmao this dude really just said screw blm
.........................9841.png > she/her
> FR+8
> pings ok
> buy my dragons
> pets for Roq??
> lore clan
9842.png
Thank you to staff for posting this, and making the site feel safer for it.

Black Lives Matter, and Indigenous people across Turtle Island stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in the black community in marching against injustice, colonialism, and white supremacy.
Thank you to staff for posting this, and making the site feel safer for it.

Black Lives Matter, and Indigenous people across Turtle Island stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in the black community in marching against injustice, colonialism, and white supremacy.
despite the awful, awful takes some people have, i really appreciate FR taking a stance on this. that infographic purrdri shared is so important and im saving it for later use. black lives matter
everyone stay safe during this time and take breaks for your mental health as needed.
despite the awful, awful takes some people have, i really appreciate FR taking a stance on this. that infographic purrdri shared is so important and im saving it for later use. black lives matter
everyone stay safe during this time and take breaks for your mental health as needed.
[quote name="Aliae" date="2020-06-03 13:03:20" ] [quote name="Azurepocalypse" date="2020-06-03 12:52:50" ] I wish staff had been maybe a bit more clear as to what's going on with the anniversary event now? But hopefully more updates on that will come soon. [/quote] Yeah, this ^. I appreciate them taking a stance, and I agree with it, but now its very unclear what IS happening. And I'm not too keen on them canceling/removing things. That doesn't seem like it will do anything beyond take away a moment of peace and calm in the middle of a world on fire. Instead of canceling stuff, maybe donate all gem sale proceeds to charities for a month, or something like that? It would have impact beyond the site, and it wouldn't take away one of the few good things going on right now. [/quote] I agree. Donating gem profits during anniversary week would be a great way to contribute to BLM. Even if it was just a percent of profits, I know many people, myself included, tend to buy some gems during or right before anniversary. This could raise a lot of money without necessarily disrupting the anniversary event. Like you said, something like this could have more impact then simply a cancellation.
Aliae wrote on 2020-06-03 13:03:20:
Azurepocalypse wrote on 2020-06-03 12:52:50:
I wish staff had been maybe a bit more clear as to what's going on with the anniversary event now? But hopefully more updates on that will come soon.

Yeah, this ^. I appreciate them taking a stance, and I agree with it, but now its very unclear what IS happening. And I'm not too keen on them canceling/removing things. That doesn't seem like it will do anything beyond take away a moment of peace and calm in the middle of a world on fire. Instead of canceling stuff, maybe donate all gem sale proceeds to charities for a month, or something like that? It would have impact beyond the site, and it wouldn't take away one of the few good things going on right now.
I agree. Donating gem profits during anniversary week would be a great way to contribute to BLM. Even if it was just a percent of profits, I know many people, myself included, tend to buy some gems during or right before anniversary. This could raise a lot of money without necessarily disrupting the anniversary event. Like you said, something like this could have more impact then simply a cancellation.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
Staff, thank you for making that announcement! I'm super glad to see you guys standing up for Black lives and recognizing that not making a statement is a statement as well.
Staff, thank you for making that announcement! I'm super glad to see you guys standing up for Black lives and recognizing that not making a statement is a statement as well.