Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | #notinmygenepool
Tundras look like a static cling problem
Ridgebacks straight up look weird
Both are gonna have permababies in my lair, though

As for genes, no gembond
If I'm breeding for colors and I have a calcifying derg as a parent, they're only staying until I've got the color combo I want, then they're gone
If I got the right colors and the kid got that gene, it's changing
Tundras look like a static cling problem
Ridgebacks straight up look weird
Both are gonna have permababies in my lair, though

As for genes, no gembond
If I'm breeding for colors and I have a calcifying derg as a parent, they're only staying until I've got the color combo I want, then they're gone
If I got the right colors and the kid got that gene, it's changing
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
A lot of the older genes kind of bug me. Bar/Daub, Clown/Eye, Tiger/Stripes... there's not a lot of color contrast other than black or white on them and it's kinda sad.

I want to get more breeds in my lair like Guardians and Snappers, but they'd probably be females that I would never breed.
A lot of the older genes kind of bug me. Bar/Daub, Clown/Eye, Tiger/Stripes... there's not a lot of color contrast other than black or white on them and it's kinda sad.

I want to get more breeds in my lair like Guardians and Snappers, but they'd probably be females that I would never breed.
0PO1tea.png Scatter Thread
Quest Thread
While I have a couple, I’m not really interested in adding more triples to my lair. Idk, even with dual toned colours like Lapis or Copper I prefer XXY or XYY ‘s so much more. Out of the triples I have only one is a dragon I really like, one other was supposed to be exalted months ago but then lore happened, and the last one I got for breeding purposes. So yeah, probably no more triples in the foreseeable future.

Other than that, I much prefer non matching genes over matching ones. When a dragon catches my interest but it’s a pet/butt or poi/tox or anything, it usually puts me off from buying it. Even so, I have a couple of dragons that do have matching genes, there’s always exceptions to the rule.
While I have a couple, I’m not really interested in adding more triples to my lair. Idk, even with dual toned colours like Lapis or Copper I prefer XXY or XYY ‘s so much more. Out of the triples I have only one is a dragon I really like, one other was supposed to be exalted months ago but then lore happened, and the last one I got for breeding purposes. So yeah, probably no more triples in the foreseeable future.

Other than that, I much prefer non matching genes over matching ones. When a dragon catches my interest but it’s a pet/butt or poi/tox or anything, it usually puts me off from buying it. Even so, I have a couple of dragons that do have matching genes, there’s always exceptions to the rule.
NRIoOfa.png
I used to have some "never in my lair", as recently as a few days ago. At one point, I never wanted gembond, or crackel or circuit, but I now have dragons with them that I love. I never thought I'd love circuit, but....it happened. My most recent "never" was filigree and multi-gaze. But then I hatched a multi-gaze, and then I made a filigree pretty in the scry.

I guess the final frontier is male ridgebacks. I've tried, actually, and it just never works out.
I used to have some "never in my lair", as recently as a few days ago. At one point, I never wanted gembond, or crackel or circuit, but I now have dragons with them that I love. I never thought I'd love circuit, but....it happened. My most recent "never" was filigree and multi-gaze. But then I hatched a multi-gaze, and then I made a filigree pretty in the scry.

I guess the final frontier is male ridgebacks. I've tried, actually, and it just never works out.
I’m not a fan of cry/fac though I do have three dragons with one of the two in my lair (one of them will be getting a gene change soon though and the other is a fandragon so really I have only ever liked it on feirin, who I think facet actually really works on

I have never liked Male snappers though, its just never going to happen
I’m not a fan of cry/fac though I do have three dragons with one of the two in my lair (one of them will be getting a gene change soon though and the other is a fandragon so really I have only ever liked it on feirin, who I think facet actually really works on

I have never liked Male snappers though, its just never going to happen
33785014.png66702371.png74483108.png
I don't like to say that I 100% will not put *insert gene, breed or colour combo here* into my lair because one day I might. I used to dislike female Spirals but I used to have one and I've got one now. No idea what I'm doing with her but that's besides the point. I used to hate male Ridgeback. Then I turned my progen into one (for a very short period, mind you, but I still did it). So I tend to not outright deny dragons access to my lair.

However, unless I'm doing a breeding project, Snappers do not stay. Nuh uh. I do not like them. They're okay and I do like some people's Snappers, but then I see them as any other breed and I can't look back.

I also struggle with Wildclaws. I've had one that has had lore and I'm currently trying to breed him back because I was so fond of him and made the mistake of exalting him. Any other has just not clicked at all - and, again, I considered making my progen one so :') go figure.
I don't like to say that I 100% will not put *insert gene, breed or colour combo here* into my lair because one day I might. I used to dislike female Spirals but I used to have one and I've got one now. No idea what I'm doing with her but that's besides the point. I used to hate male Ridgeback. Then I turned my progen into one (for a very short period, mind you, but I still did it). So I tend to not outright deny dragons access to my lair.

However, unless I'm doing a breeding project, Snappers do not stay. Nuh uh. I do not like them. They're okay and I do like some people's Snappers, but then I see them as any other breed and I can't look back.

I also struggle with Wildclaws. I've had one that has had lore and I'm currently trying to breed him back because I was so fond of him and made the mistake of exalting him. Any other has just not clicked at all - and, again, I considered making my progen one so :') go figure.
extra-candles-left.png
Apotheos
FR+8
She/Her
I have too many projects send help
I prefer the female pose for all breeds
except fae, noc and coatls, those are equally pretty

No male ridgebacks, pearlcatchers & skydancers

no lace or spines because those genes are dumb as heck
no glimmer, it's just so ugly and messy.
'sides capsule is like a better version of glim if you cover the neck

no crys/facet, too bright
no iri/shim, it's boring, it looks like someone covered the dragon in oil
no circuit, it covers too much and looks pale

i dislike pinks (if overused), pastels
and White (white's accent color is ..white, that color is so boring)

other than that I think that any other genes/breeds/colors have great potential to be very pretty

also hypnotic looks great on coatls fite me
I prefer the female pose for all breeds
except fae, noc and coatls, those are equally pretty

No male ridgebacks, pearlcatchers & skydancers

no lace or spines because those genes are dumb as heck
no glimmer, it's just so ugly and messy.
'sides capsule is like a better version of glim if you cover the neck

no crys/facet, too bright
no iri/shim, it's boring, it looks like someone covered the dragon in oil
no circuit, it covers too much and looks pale

i dislike pinks (if overused), pastels
and White (white's accent color is ..white, that color is so boring)

other than that I think that any other genes/breeds/colors have great potential to be very pretty

also hypnotic looks great on coatls fite me
FR +10
They/He
I never have a never because even with types I dislike, I can find a place for it somewhere. (I'm generally not a fan of male ridgebacks, but I do have a few of them. Same with the circuit gene (to me, it covers too much of the dragon, but I do have circuit dragons). And while I don't generally like crackle, I try to look for instances where it fits.)

Recently though, I did acquire a never ever.
Multi-gaze will never grace my lair, and anything hatched with it will either immediately be hit with a vial of tempered sight, foisted to another user, or exalted. It's just way too much for me.
I never have a never because even with types I dislike, I can find a place for it somewhere. (I'm generally not a fan of male ridgebacks, but I do have a few of them. Same with the circuit gene (to me, it covers too much of the dragon, but I do have circuit dragons). And while I don't generally like crackle, I try to look for instances where it fits.)

Recently though, I did acquire a never ever.
Multi-gaze will never grace my lair, and anything hatched with it will either immediately be hit with a vial of tempered sight, foisted to another user, or exalted. It's just way too much for me.
Male Ridgebacks. I'm sorry, but they are the dumbest looking things ever with those giant noses. Would be hard for me to ever find one I could like. Females aren't so bad, but the males are just a big no.
Male Ridgebacks. I'm sorry, but they are the dumbest looking things ever with those giant noses. Would be hard for me to ever find one I could like. Females aren't so bad, but the males are just a big no.
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
While usually not a problem that's impossible to work with, I just don't like how a lot of terts mess with the face. The worst offenders are filigree, ghost, scales and smirch. The first two are somewhat workable but I just can't get scales or smirch to work ever. I don't see myself having dragons with those genes unless they're waiting on a tert change.

And snappers man. I feel sorry for them, since they don't get a lot of love but they rub me the wrong way too. I can tolerate female snappers and the babies are cute but the day there's a perma male snapper in my lair is the day I've given up on life.

And while we're on breeds, to a lesser extent male bogsneaks and male ridgebacks. I do plan on sometime getting a male ridge because I have an accent that's for them I really like.
While usually not a problem that's impossible to work with, I just don't like how a lot of terts mess with the face. The worst offenders are filigree, ghost, scales and smirch. The first two are somewhat workable but I just can't get scales or smirch to work ever. I don't see myself having dragons with those genes unless they're waiting on a tert change.

And snappers man. I feel sorry for them, since they don't get a lot of love but they rub me the wrong way too. I can tolerate female snappers and the babies are cute but the day there's a perma male snapper in my lair is the day I've given up on life.

And while we're on breeds, to a lesser extent male bogsneaks and male ridgebacks. I do plan on sometime getting a male ridge because I have an accent that's for them I really like.
ef45fe38258e11fa1b5e3bbc6d78d1f5d5c67737.png GeFqd6P.png GeFqd6P.png
  • cera
  • she/they/it
  • fr time +10