Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Limited Bumping in the ToS
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44 45
My only concern is with art related boards. I have an art shop, and I have noticed that it drops to the catacombs within a half hour to and hour from the last post. That is quite frustrating when I'm limited to 1 bump every 48 hrs, and I could be losing potential commissions because people don't want to look through pages and pages of closed art shops and abandoned art threads.

It may also hurt anyone else in a similar fashion. Anyone running a shop has to depend on outside parties commenting, possible clients, or conversation IN the art thread. Or so I've noticed.

EDIT I THINK I'M LATE THE PARTY AND EVERYTHING COULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAID WOOPS. ;u;
My only concern is with art related boards. I have an art shop, and I have noticed that it drops to the catacombs within a half hour to and hour from the last post. That is quite frustrating when I'm limited to 1 bump every 48 hrs, and I could be losing potential commissions because people don't want to look through pages and pages of closed art shops and abandoned art threads.

It may also hurt anyone else in a similar fashion. Anyone running a shop has to depend on outside parties commenting, possible clients, or conversation IN the art thread. Or so I've noticed.

EDIT I THINK I'M LATE THE PARTY AND EVERYTHING COULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAID WOOPS. ;u;
Wildclaw M Skincent pre-order! | TEMP ART SHOP
I have seen other sites that have actually created a "bump button" at the bottom of the page that you can click and it just bumps the thread to the front page without actually posting. As far as I've seen, that system actually works really well and is quite efficient because you don't need to keep wasting a post on a bump

just a suggestion
I have seen other sites that have actually created a "bump button" at the bottom of the page that you can click and it just bumps the thread to the front page without actually posting. As far as I've seen, that system actually works really well and is quite efficient because you don't need to keep wasting a post on a bump

just a suggestion
If they're going to compromise at 24 hours (which is still FAR too long), then Dragons Wanted still needs to be exempted otherwise I'm only going to be able to reach people who are on at the same time as me (~4am-10am FR time), which just isn't enough for me to stand a chance of finding a specific gen one. From what I've seen people do not check past the 3rd or 4th page on forums.

Edit: Just checked my thread in the Dragons Wanted forum, I bumped it at 03:50 this morning and it's already halfway down page 3, where's it going to be after 24 hours?!
If they're going to compromise at 24 hours (which is still FAR too long), then Dragons Wanted still needs to be exempted otherwise I'm only going to be able to reach people who are on at the same time as me (~4am-10am FR time), which just isn't enough for me to stand a chance of finding a specific gen one. From what I've seen people do not check past the 3rd or 4th page on forums.

Edit: Just checked my thread in the Dragons Wanted forum, I bumped it at 03:50 this morning and it's already halfway down page 3, where's it going to be after 24 hours?!
b6W0Gze.png
I believe Accents and Skins should also be exempt. There's no way I'll fill any slots if I can't bump multiple times a day. LIke Vesuvia stated, it's impossible to keep it up and also to communicate to others.
I believe Accents and Skins should also be exempt. There's no way I'll fill any slots if I can't bump multiple times a day. LIke Vesuvia stated, it's impossible to keep it up and also to communicate to others.
I'm sure some of what I'm going to say has already been said here more than once, but I guess I'll just be agreeing with several people here.
Like most people here, I think 48 hours is too long. Knowing the sales threads that aren't exceptions to this rule, 24 hours is too long for them, too, especially if, say, someone makes a new art sale thread that has no interest quite yet, what with having just been made and all. Knowing that this is a site made mostly of forums and threads with people who would like to communicate with one another, why do we have a bump rule in the first place? Is there some sort of issue that it's caused or is causing that those who know of it refuse to share with us, the ones bumping? Without a reason, it's more likely than not that those the rule affects will not comply so easily... There will still be those who wonder why and thus don't care to wait for their next bump. I'm waiting, several of us are, but waiting without knowing why.
Are we targeting in-flight sales threads? In Water Flight, they really aren't so bad, but that may just be us..? Our sticky for selling dragons tends to be ignored, too, unless someone's putting dragons there, and stopping the sales threads won't help this issue. People will continue as they did before, looking wherever they did before to buy dragons. If this is an issue, why not put a bump limit on just them? I believe 2 hours would work, especially if it's just on the in-flight sales threads. A lot of the other threads can bump themselves back to page 1 while the sales threads are waiting their 2 hours. Those who want to buy and sell dragons with their fellow flight members can still do that while those who don't want to can still see the other threads.
Is the dragon sales area one of the big issues, but we know better than to limit their bumping, so are instead hoping to lessen the burden of their bumps by almost completely stopping those of other areas? The only way I can think of to change this is sub forums, dividing the dragon sales area. In the sales area, after all, we have breeding associations, hatcheries, non-hatcheries sales threads, even threads made to try to sell dragons that're about to be exalted the next day otherwise, which they could be categorized as "one/ last day sales." While there are still lots of each of these, dividing them could lessen the burden, even if it's only by a small bit. Same with the items sales area. We could have a familiars section, treasure apparel section, gem apparel section, etc.
The big bumping areas are probably the only two that were make exceptions. While making them exceptions due to their constant activity and many threads is a good idea, limiting the other threads because of these two areas isn't a good idea.
I'm sure some of what I'm going to say has already been said here more than once, but I guess I'll just be agreeing with several people here.
Like most people here, I think 48 hours is too long. Knowing the sales threads that aren't exceptions to this rule, 24 hours is too long for them, too, especially if, say, someone makes a new art sale thread that has no interest quite yet, what with having just been made and all. Knowing that this is a site made mostly of forums and threads with people who would like to communicate with one another, why do we have a bump rule in the first place? Is there some sort of issue that it's caused or is causing that those who know of it refuse to share with us, the ones bumping? Without a reason, it's more likely than not that those the rule affects will not comply so easily... There will still be those who wonder why and thus don't care to wait for their next bump. I'm waiting, several of us are, but waiting without knowing why.
Are we targeting in-flight sales threads? In Water Flight, they really aren't so bad, but that may just be us..? Our sticky for selling dragons tends to be ignored, too, unless someone's putting dragons there, and stopping the sales threads won't help this issue. People will continue as they did before, looking wherever they did before to buy dragons. If this is an issue, why not put a bump limit on just them? I believe 2 hours would work, especially if it's just on the in-flight sales threads. A lot of the other threads can bump themselves back to page 1 while the sales threads are waiting their 2 hours. Those who want to buy and sell dragons with their fellow flight members can still do that while those who don't want to can still see the other threads.
Is the dragon sales area one of the big issues, but we know better than to limit their bumping, so are instead hoping to lessen the burden of their bumps by almost completely stopping those of other areas? The only way I can think of to change this is sub forums, dividing the dragon sales area. In the sales area, after all, we have breeding associations, hatcheries, non-hatcheries sales threads, even threads made to try to sell dragons that're about to be exalted the next day otherwise, which they could be categorized as "one/ last day sales." While there are still lots of each of these, dividing them could lessen the burden, even if it's only by a small bit. Same with the items sales area. We could have a familiars section, treasure apparel section, gem apparel section, etc.
The big bumping areas are probably the only two that were make exceptions. While making them exceptions due to their constant activity and many threads is a good idea, limiting the other threads because of these two areas isn't a good idea.
sImmyoP.png
"I just wanna enjoy myself. Seriously. Do some leisurely patrolling, put in a few appearances, say 'Aw shucks, no trouble today,' and get a good night's sleep! That's my ideal life! I wanna make this world one where heroes have time to kill."
-Hawks, My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.
vGvSDHr.png
@Verity19 Us water and fire flights are tiny and apparently a lot quieter than the larger forums. But when you've got more people in the flight forums, from what I've read other flight people saying, they forums move at a too-fast-to-handle clip with all the bumping.
But I agree, if that was the original problem that prompted the bump rule, as admin hasn't said what was yet, putting a bump limit on everything wasn't a very great way of going about solving that particular complaint.
@Verity19 Us water and fire flights are tiny and apparently a lot quieter than the larger forums. But when you've got more people in the flight forums, from what I've read other flight people saying, they forums move at a too-fast-to-handle clip with all the bumping.
But I agree, if that was the original problem that prompted the bump rule, as admin hasn't said what was yet, putting a bump limit on everything wasn't a very great way of going about solving that particular complaint.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
@clockworkMoose
Yeah, I was considering that larger flights probably have a big issue with bumping, and if they have sales threads within their flight, then those bumping often enough means not seeing other threads. We had someone join Water from one of the larger flights and they said that their prior flight didn't even allow in-flight sales threads/ hatcheries... Their prior flight also had tons of rules, too, while Water doesn't really have any that I know of, besides the site's ">.>
@clockworkMoose
Yeah, I was considering that larger flights probably have a big issue with bumping, and if they have sales threads within their flight, then those bumping often enough means not seeing other threads. We had someone join Water from one of the larger flights and they said that their prior flight didn't even allow in-flight sales threads/ hatcheries... Their prior flight also had tons of rules, too, while Water doesn't really have any that I know of, besides the site's ">.>
sImmyoP.png
"I just wanna enjoy myself. Seriously. Do some leisurely patrolling, put in a few appearances, say 'Aw shucks, no trouble today,' and get a good night's sleep! That's my ideal life! I wanna make this world one where heroes have time to kill."
-Hawks, My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.
vGvSDHr.png
48 hours is waaay too long. 24 hours more appropriate and decent middle ground. If you're worried about raffle posts, why not make them exempt? I also like the idea of subforums, at least for Flight forums, even if its only two or three. It would really help unclog things.
48 hours is waaay too long. 24 hours more appropriate and decent middle ground. If you're worried about raffle posts, why not make them exempt? I also like the idea of subforums, at least for Flight forums, even if its only two or three. It would really help unclog things.
I think one thing that would help is if they gave us a Bookmarking option and we can go to a separate page that lists all the threads we have posted in. c:
I think one thing that would help is if they gave us a Bookmarking option and we can go to a separate page that lists all the threads we have posted in. c:
92367861.png18368174.png 4189492.png 17490150.png 17797365.png 18333859.png 18039962.png
Ugh

I hated the rule when it came into play because it totally cripples the user base. We already struggle with keeping track of our threads and have to go through hellish methods of keeping track of everything. It certainatley doesn't help when you can't even bump your own threads consecutively.

we should also get the -other more important problems fixed- I'm sorry but I have to say the forum search is way more important that a bumping problem and the fact it wasn't taken care of before this rule was implemented just pisses me off.

This rule is not user friendly at all and there's no reason in should exist. None. No not even to supposedly clean up the flight forums. There are better and way more user friendly ways to mitigate this 'issue' than to just put some limitation "oh you can only bump like, once every two days."
Ugh

I hated the rule when it came into play because it totally cripples the user base. We already struggle with keeping track of our threads and have to go through hellish methods of keeping track of everything. It certainatley doesn't help when you can't even bump your own threads consecutively.

we should also get the -other more important problems fixed- I'm sorry but I have to say the forum search is way more important that a bumping problem and the fact it wasn't taken care of before this rule was implemented just pisses me off.

This rule is not user friendly at all and there's no reason in should exist. None. No not even to supposedly clean up the flight forums. There are better and way more user friendly ways to mitigate this 'issue' than to just put some limitation "oh you can only bump like, once every two days."
27HH2Wo.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44 45