Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Dancing Goat Lore Shop || CLOSED
@RamenNoodleCat

Are you still interested in placing your order?
@RamenNoodleCat

Are you still interested in placing your order?
@Dew
Yes!!!! Sorry for the wait omg.
Could I grab 2 slots? So 4 bios?
@Dew
Yes!!!! Sorry for the wait omg.
Could I grab 2 slots? So 4 bios?
81391850_lPcfRLoYcOyNaik.gif81204878_LPNcyowxXq1DCGk.gif
[center]@Dew[/center] [indent]Ordering: Dragon Biographies Length: Long Helpful Links / Information: I'd like help expanding on lore for Nacht:[/indent] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23602233] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/236023/23602233_350.png[/img] [/url] I've written a story (in bio) a few years back but it was without any sort of idea of their backstory. I tend to just let the words flow rather than planning. I'd love to see if you could come up with a more solid backstory from what I have so far? Here's the most important excerpt (best I got for their early life but it's still a bit vague for my liking.) [quote]Nacht came to the arcane flight chasing rumors. They had heard of the scholars of this flight, hiding in their libraries to scribble away at notes until their claws had worn into bones and toying with mysteries that were better left untouched, and felt that it was a place that they could advance. From what they had seen in the first few days, there was only disappointment in the crystalline edges of the mythic Starfell Isles. But that was to change. They were born into a world of ice and eyes. In such a place as the Fortress of Ends, there was no room for making a family. Their clan was less a warm unit and more a desperate huddling of souls in the cold world they inhabited. Each member of the clan fell asleep to soft self-affirmations that they could handle the Fortress because they were strong enough and they were smart enough, ignoring the ghosts of those who had failed. Each of them woke with the frost nipping at their heels as the Icewarden reminded them who held the reigns. Raised in a clan more superstitious than scientific, Nacht had to trade records of their findings for books on anything other than how to make a meal last a week. Still, they read vicariously. Books on the first age were vague at best, filled with hints towards the creation of the pillar and warnings on the shade. That information was still more exact than books on the second age. All that Nacht could glisten on that period of time was that it was godless and empty, and the creatures that inhabited it eventually drove themselves to ruin. That ruin had led to the reawakening of the gods. In the outside world, dragons said the highest concentration of magic was found within the spiral of the Arcanist’s observatory. Nacht knew this to be wrong. The arcane could keep their haphazard experiments and meticulous observations in the Isles; that was all more childish than magic. Magic was his family, both by blood and trial, curling together around a fire and praying with the frost on their lips and the cold in their eyes. Magic was Nacht learning to hear whispers in the wind from those who had left this life and those who had never entered it. Magic was the ways they had learned to heal themselves stronger than any scroll or potion with the desperation in their voice. Magic was primordial, gritty, bloody truth. Magic was in the eyes. They say even the ice denizens are frozen within the towers of the Fortress of Ends. Nacht grew up under those watchful stares. When they were a hatchling, Nacht found a creature bigger than a grown Imperial frozen eternally still in an enormous pillar. It must have been near death when it was frozen, for there were lacerations all down its sides and blood held midway across the ice. For that to happen, Nacht realized, it must have been frozen mid-movement. When they slept, they dreamt of the ice rising unbidden from the ground, swallowing the beast before death took it. A perfect specimen. When they were older, however, Nacht found something much greater. It was a monster of copper cables and gears. The carvings along its edges seemed to resemble familiar languages, but Nacht couldn’t make out the exact translation. Runes that resembled eight of the elemental symbols were seared into the metal alongside a representation of a pillar—the pillar that spread through the second age and fell in to the shade in the third. No dragon had been alive when the pillar still stood. Only beastclan records and the words of the deities preserved its memory. Paired with the eight symbols, it appeared to be a record of the forgotten second age. But the ice never forgot. Nacht carried their new discovery with a sense of purpose. The secrets of the second age were close enough to touch, yet just out of their grasp. It required more research. In this ice clan, however, frozen over and huddling in muffled fear, there was nothing more that they could find, so Nacht packed their books and journals and began the journey north. There was nothing tying them to their birth clan. The hardened words and frightened minds of those that they were raised with never held up the idea of a bright future. Those dragons dreamt of only ice and snow.[/quote] (also, would you prefer treasure through crossroads, or still PM?)[/center]
@Dew
Ordering: Dragon Biographies
Length: Long
Helpful Links / Information: I'd like help expanding on lore for Nacht:

23602233_350.png

I've written a story (in bio) a few years back but it was without any sort of idea of their backstory. I tend to just let the words flow rather than planning. I'd love to see if you could come up with a more solid backstory from what I have so far?
Here's the most important excerpt (best I got for their early life but it's still a bit vague for my liking.)
Quote:
Nacht came to the arcane flight chasing rumors. They had heard of the scholars of this flight, hiding in their libraries to scribble away at notes until their claws had worn into bones and toying with mysteries that were better left untouched, and felt that it was a place that they could advance. From what they had seen in the first few days, there was only disappointment in the crystalline edges of the mythic Starfell Isles. But that was to change.

They were born into a world of ice and eyes. In such a place as the Fortress of Ends, there was no room for making a family. Their clan was less a warm unit and more a desperate huddling of souls in the cold world they inhabited. Each member of the clan fell asleep to soft self-affirmations that they could handle the Fortress because they were strong enough and they were smart enough, ignoring the ghosts of those who had failed. Each of them woke with the frost nipping at their heels as the Icewarden reminded them who held the reigns.

Raised in a clan more superstitious than scientific, Nacht had to trade records of their findings for books on anything other than how to make a meal last a week. Still, they read vicariously. Books on the first age were vague at best, filled with hints towards the creation of the pillar and warnings on the shade. That information was still more exact than books on the second age. All that Nacht could glisten on that period of time was that it was godless and empty, and the creatures that inhabited it eventually drove themselves to ruin. That ruin had led to the reawakening of the gods.

In the outside world, dragons said the highest concentration of magic was found within the spiral of the Arcanist’s observatory. Nacht knew this to be wrong. The arcane could keep their haphazard experiments and meticulous observations in the Isles; that was all more childish than magic. Magic was his family, both by blood and trial, curling together around a fire and praying with the frost on their lips and the cold in their eyes. Magic was Nacht learning to hear whispers in the wind from those who had left this life and those who had never entered it. Magic was the ways they had learned to heal themselves stronger than any scroll or potion with the desperation in their voice. Magic was primordial, gritty, bloody truth. Magic was in the eyes.

They say even the ice denizens are frozen within the towers of the Fortress of Ends. Nacht grew up under those watchful stares. When they were a hatchling, Nacht found a creature bigger than a grown Imperial frozen eternally still in an enormous pillar. It must have been near death when it was frozen, for there were lacerations all down its sides and blood held midway across the ice. For that to happen, Nacht realized, it must have been frozen mid-movement. When they slept, they dreamt of the ice rising unbidden from the ground, swallowing the beast before death took it. A perfect specimen. When they were older, however, Nacht found something much greater.

It was a monster of copper cables and gears. The carvings along its edges seemed to resemble familiar languages, but Nacht couldn’t make out the exact translation. Runes that resembled eight of the elemental symbols were seared into the metal alongside a representation of a pillar—the pillar that spread through the second age and fell in to the shade in the third. No dragon had been alive when the pillar still stood. Only beastclan records and the words of the deities preserved its memory. Paired with the eight symbols, it appeared to be a record of the forgotten second age. But the ice never forgot.

Nacht carried their new discovery with a sense of purpose. The secrets of the second age were close enough to touch, yet just out of their grasp. It required more research. In this ice clan, however, frozen over and huddling in muffled fear, there was nothing more that they could find, so Nacht packed their books and journals and began the journey north. There was nothing tying them to their birth clan. The hardened words and frightened minds of those that they were raised with never held up the idea of a bright future. Those dragons dreamt of only ice and snow.

(also, would you prefer treasure through crossroads, or still PM?)
tEaYRfe.pnguZVrIJZ.png
@RamenNoodleCat

There is a one order per person at a time, which is one slot per person~ ouo you could order 2 now and then order the last 2 after that previous order is turned in. That way other people have a chance to nab a slot as well.

@Milkbread

Oooh, that is a very interesting bit of information to work off of!! A dragon in search for the mysteries of the second age, knowing full well magic is not tinkering but forged through hardships. It will be very fun working with this information to see what backstory I could develop for them!

And please send payment via PM~.

I found through the years it prevents a lack of funds when I finish the order and it makes it easier for me to remember who sent what payment when ouo I never open a PM that has payment until I am right about to send in the order, therefore, if you want to cancel, I can easily return your PM payment and keep track of that payment's transaction for a while.

The total price will be 100,000t~! Feel free to send payment whenever~

I should be done by December 31 at the latest (work gets super crazy around the holidays ;^; sorry for the wait in advance!)
@RamenNoodleCat

There is a one order per person at a time, which is one slot per person~ ouo you could order 2 now and then order the last 2 after that previous order is turned in. That way other people have a chance to nab a slot as well.

@Milkbread

Oooh, that is a very interesting bit of information to work off of!! A dragon in search for the mysteries of the second age, knowing full well magic is not tinkering but forged through hardships. It will be very fun working with this information to see what backstory I could develop for them!

And please send payment via PM~.

I found through the years it prevents a lack of funds when I finish the order and it makes it easier for me to remember who sent what payment when ouo I never open a PM that has payment until I am right about to send in the order, therefore, if you want to cancel, I can easily return your PM payment and keep track of that payment's transaction for a while.

The total price will be 100,000t~! Feel free to send payment whenever~

I should be done by December 31 at the latest (work gets super crazy around the holidays ;^; sorry for the wait in advance!)
[center]@Dew Thank you so much, sent payment! I'm excited to read what you come up with[emoji=familiar heart size=1] and no worries, take as long as you need. I understand how busy life can be!![/center]
@Dew
Thank you so much, sent payment! I'm excited to read what you come up with and no worries, take as long as you need. I understand how busy life can be!!
tEaYRfe.pnguZVrIJZ.png
Bump~!
Bump~!