Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
[quote name="Shinko" date="2022-12-14 11:50:30" ] [quote name="EaterofMan" date="2022-12-14 11:36:38" ] Also, why is no one pointing out the very clear reference to a wind ancient in the harpy lore? [/quote] Because it might not be! Could be anything at this point. Even if it is a wind ancient, the team has said they won’t be giving ancients to any flights that already have two dragons until all flights have at least two- wind has both spirals and skydancers. Arcane, nature, and lightning are all due a new breed first. [/quote] where have they said that? none of the ancient breeds we currently have are in flights with more than one modern breed. unless you mean two total breeds per flight, i.e. arcane/nature/lightning will all get EITHER a modern or an ancient breed before wind or light or earth get an ancient, in which case i can understand that.
Shinko wrote on 2022-12-14 11:50:30:
EaterofMan wrote on 2022-12-14 11:36:38:
Also, why is no one pointing out the very clear reference to a wind ancient in the harpy lore?
Because it might not be! Could be anything at this point. Even if it is a wind ancient, the team has said they won’t be giving ancients to any flights that already have two dragons until all flights have at least two- wind has both spirals and skydancers. Arcane, nature, and lightning are all due a new breed first.

where have they said that? none of the ancient breeds we currently have are in flights with more than one modern breed. unless you mean two total breeds per flight, i.e. arcane/nature/lightning will all get EITHER a modern or an ancient breed before wind or light or earth get an ancient, in which case i can understand that.
n9LAXHI.png
swN0YRQ.png
LvvTlaP.png
foF7QGb.png
mAlnTLL.png
DAuLoYm.png
5VuuwLe.png
oh my goodness reading this new lore page makes me so happy. the art alone, i had to pause and send to a friend to just. have feelings about. GOSH. AUGH.

this is an excellent change of direction for all the reasons you outline in the announcement post and also for the reason of. i can already tell this is gonna MASSIVELY enrich the setting as a whole.

(personally i am particularly excited to see what you guys do with serthis!)
oh my goodness reading this new lore page makes me so happy. the art alone, i had to pause and send to a friend to just. have feelings about. GOSH. AUGH.

this is an excellent change of direction for all the reasons you outline in the announcement post and also for the reason of. i can already tell this is gonna MASSIVELY enrich the setting as a whole.

(personally i am particularly excited to see what you guys do with serthis!)
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png40.png
I love it, thank you <3
I love it, thank you <3
Small badge for 'Cryptkeepers' subspeciesSmall badge reading 'DWF' for the Dragonwish FoundationSmall badge for 'Living Globes' subspeciesSmall badge for 'Solar System' hatchery
A bit surprising that everything is being straight up retconned instead of just... updated. Especially with recent events like Warrior's Way being about taking all those battle feelings and leading towards a positive direction. Kinda some //some// beastclans are still distrusting of dragons on principle, for a reason or another, without it being related to displacement and colonization.

Regardless, I really appreciate the commitment to do better! Super super excited to see more from the beastclans... especially excited for serthis and longneck!
A bit surprising that everything is being straight up retconned instead of just... updated. Especially with recent events like Warrior's Way being about taking all those battle feelings and leading towards a positive direction. Kinda some //some// beastclans are still distrusting of dragons on principle, for a reason or another, without it being related to displacement and colonization.

Regardless, I really appreciate the commitment to do better! Super super excited to see more from the beastclans... especially excited for serthis and longneck!
admittedly, as a Cherokee player I never made the connection myself and therefore didn't see anything inherently wrong, I really like how mods could have like,,, not done anything. The argument of "natural territoriality" could've been used, in the sense of how animals and humans alike are often really territorial over stuff from bridges to borders to chairs, but knowing how some people saw it and how they (understandably) were offended, I'm just really glad that the devs went out of their way to change it and make it right :]
admittedly, as a Cherokee player I never made the connection myself and therefore didn't see anything inherently wrong, I really like how mods could have like,,, not done anything. The argument of "natural territoriality" could've been used, in the sense of how animals and humans alike are often really territorial over stuff from bridges to borders to chairs, but knowing how some people saw it and how they (understandably) were offended, I'm just really glad that the devs went out of their way to change it and make it right :]

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
[quote name="somnomania" date="2022-12-14 12:11:27" ] [quote name="Shinko" date="2022-12-14 11:50:30" ] [quote name="EaterofMan" date="2022-12-14 11:36:38" ] Also, why is no one pointing out the very clear reference to a wind ancient in the harpy lore? [/quote] Because it might not be! Could be anything at this point. Even if it is a wind ancient, the team has said they won’t be giving ancients to any flights that already have two dragons until all flights have at least two- wind has both spirals and skydancers. Arcane, nature, and lightning are all due a new breed first. [/quote] where have they said that? none of the ancient breeds we currently have are in flights with more than one modern breed. unless you mean two total breeds per flight, i.e. arcane/nature/lightning will all get EITHER a modern or an ancient breed before wind or light or earth get an ancient, in which case i can understand that. [/quote] From Undel: [quote name="Undel" date="2022-12-07 21:40:46" ] The current plan is to get an ancient on every flight that currently doesn’t have two dragons. After that, it will be to get it on elements that don’t have an ancient dragon. (Ie: those that have two moderns) After that we will begin adding ancients to elements that have two dragon breeds (ie: not flights that have three breeds) [/quote]
somnomania wrote on 2022-12-14 12:11:27:
Shinko wrote on 2022-12-14 11:50:30:
EaterofMan wrote on 2022-12-14 11:36:38:
Also, why is no one pointing out the very clear reference to a wind ancient in the harpy lore?
Because it might not be! Could be anything at this point. Even if it is a wind ancient, the team has said they won’t be giving ancients to any flights that already have two dragons until all flights have at least two- wind has both spirals and skydancers. Arcane, nature, and lightning are all due a new breed first.

where have they said that? none of the ancient breeds we currently have are in flights with more than one modern breed. unless you mean two total breeds per flight, i.e. arcane/nature/lightning will all get EITHER a modern or an ancient breed before wind or light or earth get an ancient, in which case i can understand that.

From Undel:
Undel wrote on 2022-12-07 21:40:46:
The current plan is to get an ancient on every flight that currently doesn’t have two dragons.

After that, it will be to get it on elements that don’t have an ancient dragon. (Ie: those that have two moderns)

After that we will begin adding ancients to elements that have two dragon breeds (ie: not flights that have three breeds)
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
Updating to reflect one's growth and learning? Heck yeah!
Updating to reflect one's growth and learning? Heck yeah!
With the exception of fodder dragons, I try to ensure all my prices are competitive with prices on the AH. I try to keep on top of AH prices so as not to over-charge.
DFa15iQ.jpg
This messes up my lore and I’m Glad.
My dragons had been running a beastclan rescue operation (inspired by the Underground Railroad in america). I’m exciting to write something new.

Happy the devs are fixing their mistake/s even if it did take a decade.

This messes up my lore and I’m Glad.
My dragons had been running a beastclan rescue operation (inspired by the Underground Railroad in america). I’m exciting to write something new.

Happy the devs are fixing their mistake/s even if it did take a decade.

vfbW8E9.png ~~~]
Even though I've never cared about the lore (I'd only heard about this issue in passing) I really appreciate this update both for retconning the bad implications of the old lore and for, imo, opening up much more interesting possibilities for the future! From a worldbuilding standpoint, I think there's so much more to do in expanding the ways dragons and beastclans interact rather than having them just be constantly at war. The new familiars are also super pretty ^^
Even though I've never cared about the lore (I'd only heard about this issue in passing) I really appreciate this update both for retconning the bad implications of the old lore and for, imo, opening up much more interesting possibilities for the future! From a worldbuilding standpoint, I think there's so much more to do in expanding the ways dragons and beastclans interact rather than having them just be constantly at war. The new familiars are also super pretty ^^
Thank you
Thank you
VVM4XuM.png