Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gathering: /actual/ Leveling *6 YEARS...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 71 72
Support.

The 'access to a wider pool of items' is completely useless when a) most of the items are junk right now, and b) it doesn't mean you find more items per turn.

The reality of the system is that being a higher level HURTS YOU because instead of a (hypothetical example here:) 1:40 ratio of finding something rare, like say, an egg or a gold chest, becomes something like 1:240 because you have ~access to more items~

Maybe the developers thought this was a good idea in theory, but in practice, we are literally being punished for having a high level.
Support.

The 'access to a wider pool of items' is completely useless when a) most of the items are junk right now, and b) it doesn't mean you find more items per turn.

The reality of the system is that being a higher level HURTS YOU because instead of a (hypothetical example here:) 1:40 ratio of finding something rare, like say, an egg or a gold chest, becomes something like 1:240 because you have ~access to more items~

Maybe the developers thought this was a good idea in theory, but in practice, we are literally being punished for having a high level.
MuwAAse.png
Support. The higher your level the WORSE your items get.
Support. The higher your level the WORSE your items get.
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
Support.
As someone else said, this is backwards.
Surely if your level is going up you're getting better, why would you pick up more crap if you're getting better at finding things?
In theory the earlier levels should have a wide pool and a high chance of finding rubbish because you're sending out dragons that have no idea what they're supposed to find, and by level 20 you should have a narrower focus and a better eye for finding good stuff because you've learnt and grown to that level.
Who and what gets worse the 'better' they get? 0.o
I'm definitely finding what I get from gathering to be getting poorer the more I level, I train in the coli too so I have that second source of food income, but it was getting fairly tricky to keep even my fairly modest lair fed for a while there.
Thanks to that glitch eating everyone's food and our getting food to make up for that my stores and now >1000 on everything so I'm trying to keep it there, but I have little enough time as it is =| I can either get money or get food, either way my lair is going to grind to a halt, and if I can't feed them I can't battle to get food...
Support.
As someone else said, this is backwards.
Surely if your level is going up you're getting better, why would you pick up more crap if you're getting better at finding things?
In theory the earlier levels should have a wide pool and a high chance of finding rubbish because you're sending out dragons that have no idea what they're supposed to find, and by level 20 you should have a narrower focus and a better eye for finding good stuff because you've learnt and grown to that level.
Who and what gets worse the 'better' they get? 0.o
I'm definitely finding what I get from gathering to be getting poorer the more I level, I train in the coli too so I have that second source of food income, but it was getting fairly tricky to keep even my fairly modest lair fed for a while there.
Thanks to that glitch eating everyone's food and our getting food to make up for that my stores and now >1000 on everything so I'm trying to keep it there, but I have little enough time as it is =| I can either get money or get food, either way my lair is going to grind to a halt, and if I can't feed them I can't battle to get food...
Support. First time getting 2 of those jeweled snakes at level 13 and I have yet to get an egg.

Understand random. The free item is random. The chance of a 1 egg nest and 5 egg nest are random. Baby dragons are random. Am fine with random. Not so fine with the constant sand, sand sand, ROCKS, sand. pebbles and 2 point food critters when I should be getting better more frequent, not less.
Support. First time getting 2 of those jeweled snakes at level 13 and I have yet to get an egg.

Understand random. The free item is random. The chance of a 1 egg nest and 5 egg nest are random. Baby dragons are random. Am fine with random. Not so fine with the constant sand, sand sand, ROCKS, sand. pebbles and 2 point food critters when I should be getting better more frequent, not less.
I completely agree! It seems like I get more on lower levels, even when I was in the 1-3 area in the coli! It confuses me beyond belief and I don't understand what the need for "levels" or "XP" is when it does absolutely nothing for you.
At first I thought, looking at the meat/hunting one for instance, oh cool! You level up and start catching cooler animals like that neat-o mammoth in the picture!
Nope.
And quite frankly, it's very pointless and very ridiculous.
I completely agree! It seems like I get more on lower levels, even when I was in the 1-3 area in the coli! It confuses me beyond belief and I don't understand what the need for "levels" or "XP" is when it does absolutely nothing for you.
At first I thought, looking at the meat/hunting one for instance, oh cool! You level up and start catching cooler animals like that neat-o mammoth in the picture!
Nope.
And quite frankly, it's very pointless and very ridiculous.
szbt.png
Being a level twenty and getting one item in three turns in a row seems a little uh. backwards.

And its not even uncommon to get just one fir branch or whatever, it happens quite often, it feels like.

I think a wee bit of tweakage would be nice.
Being a level twenty and getting one item in three turns in a row seems a little uh. backwards.

And its not even uncommon to get just one fir branch or whatever, it happens quite often, it feels like.

I think a wee bit of tweakage would be nice.
Support. Higher level shouls not only get larger variety, but also more in quantity and worth.
Support. Higher level shouls not only get larger variety, but also more in quantity and worth.
Support. The current system doesn't really make sense.
Support. The current system doesn't really make sense.
I may not respond due to real life duties, but I'm willing to breed any of my breeding pairs on request, pm me and we can negotiate the details.
[quote name="Prism" date="2013-09-11 18:36:14"][quote]The higher your experience, the larger the pool of available items will be to procure.[/quote] What this essentially means: the higher level you are, the [i]less[/i] likely you are to get anything actually good, because you have so much more junk added to the stuff you [i]can[/i] get. There aren't actually more higher value items added, at least not in reality. Higher levels don't net you any more food points, digging doesn't net you anything significantly more sellable, and scavenging actually gives you less valuable stuff as you level. What might be claimed to be more valuable stuff is in reality just shinier junk that might possibly be worth a few extra treasure points when sold from the hoard, but there's so little of it that when compared to what we were getting at level 1, it's maybe ten times less actual value in terms of usefulness. I'd prefer to be back to level 1 in scavenging and still be finding eggs rather than all the junk in piles of 1 or 2 items. |: So.. essentially, the current system is pretty much backwards. >.> The more you level, the less good stuff you get. I definitely support levelling gathering [i]actually[/i] giving you [i]better[/i] stuff, or at the very least a higher chance of things like [i]multiple[/i] high level foods and dragon eggs, rather than a larger pool of what is essentially garbage and lower chance of valuables.[/quote] This sums up my opinion entirely. A larger sum of non-valuable items is NOT a leveling reward. It's practically a curse. I saw another thread on this, but I'm posting in this one as well because this is frustrating! The system only lowers our chances of getting valuable stuff as we level up, by adding more and more junk items, raising the possibility of getting those, rather then something we want. As several others have already said, we'd appreciate if leveling gave us a higher percent chance of getting valuable items, and a lower chance of getting trash. Right now the system seems to be doing the exact opposite. This is frustrating and pointless to say the least.
Prism wrote on 2013-09-11 18:36:14:
Quote:
The higher your experience, the larger the pool of available items will be to procure.

What this essentially means: the higher level you are, the less likely you are to get anything actually good, because you have so much more junk added to the stuff you can get.

There aren't actually more higher value items added, at least not in reality. Higher levels don't net you any more food points, digging doesn't net you anything significantly more sellable, and scavenging actually gives you less valuable stuff as you level. What might be claimed to be more valuable stuff is in reality just shinier junk that might possibly be worth a few extra treasure points when sold from the hoard, but there's so little of it that when compared to what we were getting at level 1, it's maybe ten times less actual value in terms of usefulness. I'd prefer to be back to level 1 in scavenging and still be finding eggs rather than all the junk in piles of 1 or 2 items. |:

So.. essentially, the current system is pretty much backwards. >.> The more you level, the less good stuff you get. I definitely support levelling gathering actually giving you better stuff, or at the very least a higher chance of things like multiple high level foods and dragon eggs, rather than a larger pool of what is essentially garbage and lower chance of valuables.

This sums up my opinion entirely. A larger sum of non-valuable items is NOT a leveling reward. It's practically a curse. I saw another thread on this, but I'm posting in this one as well because this is frustrating! The system only lowers our chances of getting valuable stuff as we level up, by adding more and more junk items, raising the possibility of getting those, rather then something we want. As several others have already said, we'd appreciate if leveling gave us a higher percent chance of getting valuable items, and a lower chance of getting trash. Right now the system seems to be doing the exact opposite. This is frustrating and pointless to say the least.
"Lay your head down child, I wont let the boogeyman come.
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums."

WINDSINGER_sig.png
Bump
Bump
"Lay your head down child, I wont let the boogeyman come.
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums."

WINDSINGER_sig.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 71 72