Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Flight Rising Mobile App
1 2 3 4 5
i believe making it more mobile friendly as a starting point would be great,, make layouts cleaner and such would be a good bonus to mobile users (i have used mobile for flight rising, and it was pretty buggy for me,,,)
i believe making it more mobile friendly as a starting point would be great,, make layouts cleaner and such would be a good bonus to mobile users (i have used mobile for flight rising, and it was pretty buggy for me,,,)
candle_divider_o1_by_angelichellraiser-d5oe1ux.gifpixel_plants_by_maro_king-d98s6pn.pngcandle_divider_o1_by_angelichellraiser-d5oe1ux.gif
I totally support this! I'd love to be able to play this on an iPad!
I totally support this! I'd love to be able to play this on an iPad!
[quote name="Science" date=2013-07-31 15:48:35] Cost, it's super expensive to code an app License, you have to pay and be approved for an app to be used on an Apple device. If not allowed on Apple devices but on other phones, it gives them an advantage over other users based on the type of doohickey they own Cost again, would an FR app cost money to download? If not, it's a money sink for the devs and takes money away from ways to better improve the site, if so it divides the community as it allows for people who pay to have a significant advantage over free users [/quote] Support for a better mobile site but not an app for the reasons listed above.
Science wrote on 2013-07-31:
Cost, it's super expensive to code an app
License, you have to pay and be approved for an app to be used on an Apple device. If not allowed on Apple devices but on other phones, it gives them an advantage over other users based on the type of doohickey they own
Cost again, would an FR app cost money to download? If not, it's a money sink for the devs and takes money away from ways to better improve the site, if so it divides the community as it allows for people who pay to have a significant advantage over free users
Support for a better mobile site but not an app for the reasons listed above.
Owner of Aurorae Hatchery
HjJ85za.png
I support this idea. I'd love to be able to keep up with my dailies while I travel, without having to haul out my laptop. Hard to do in transit.
I support this idea. I'd love to be able to keep up with my dailies while I travel, without having to haul out my laptop. Hard to do in transit.
8095.png30202996.png?mtime=WdcMjgAASk8.pngvy4plc.png26899702.png?mtime=We2_9QAAT2M.png21402.png
@Feinreil

You can do your dailies just fine on a smartphone. Or at least you should be able to without any app needed.
@Feinreil

You can do your dailies just fine on a smartphone. Or at least you should be able to without any app needed.
I wouldn't mind seeing the site more mobile friendly (though I don't use it on mobile, but rather PC), though not an app.

For one, it is too expensive for FR right now (I assume), especially when they might not get the needed revenue from it (not only would they have to pay for the app to be listed? but they also need programmers that can program apps.

Also, I would be afraid, especially with a small site, that if they went in the direction of FR on apps, the browser side of things might get neglected (I have seen it happen somewhat on other sites, where the 'old fashioned' site was more or less abandoned, with small sporadic updates, but the 'shiny new' site/app was constantly updated etc..).

As other people have said, perhaps, sometime in the future, when the browser site is implemented more (don't think it will ever be 'fully' implemented due to the nature of browser games), and when they have a larger staff and can handle both the costs and keeping both sides updated.
I wouldn't mind seeing the site more mobile friendly (though I don't use it on mobile, but rather PC), though not an app.

For one, it is too expensive for FR right now (I assume), especially when they might not get the needed revenue from it (not only would they have to pay for the app to be listed? but they also need programmers that can program apps.

Also, I would be afraid, especially with a small site, that if they went in the direction of FR on apps, the browser side of things might get neglected (I have seen it happen somewhat on other sites, where the 'old fashioned' site was more or less abandoned, with small sporadic updates, but the 'shiny new' site/app was constantly updated etc..).

As other people have said, perhaps, sometime in the future, when the browser site is implemented more (don't think it will ever be 'fully' implemented due to the nature of browser games), and when they have a larger staff and can handle both the costs and keeping both sides updated.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support for making the site more mobile friendly, but no support for an app.
Support for making the site more mobile friendly, but no support for an app.

puffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuff

FR +9
I support this!
I support this!
I support making the site more mobile friendly, if that hopefully involves being able to play fairgrounds games, I'm on a small tablet as I have no laptop or desktop, :p, but if an actual app would in any way 'neglect' this here website I don't support that either,
I support making the site more mobile friendly, if that hopefully involves being able to play fairgrounds games, I'm on a small tablet as I have no laptop or desktop, :p, but if an actual app would in any way 'neglect' this here website I don't support that either,
HJIBN.gif CLICK ME PLS
I actually only really play on a phone and everything works exquisitely! I don't see a whole ton of need for this, unless it's just my one phone who likes the site!9
I actually only really play on a phone and everything works exquisitely! I don't see a whole ton of need for this, unless it's just my one phone who likes the site!9
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
1 2 3 4 5