Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 63 64
[quote name="Taarnfalk" date=2016-06-14 11:20:27] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-06-03 10:53:42] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c: I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else. (These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/m0d0qt9y7/peacock.jpg[/img] [/quote] This! [/quote] No support. Too much going on - it would make a lovely skin, but I feel like it has to much to be a gene.
Taarnfalk wrote on 2016-06-14:
KatieOurMatie wrote on 2016-06-03:
KatieOurMatie wrote on 2016-02-19:
This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks!

Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly.

It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps!

What do you guys think?

Original concept, using Emerald:
emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c:

I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else.

(These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.)

peacock.jpg

This!

No support. Too much going on - it would make a lovely skin, but I feel like it has to much to be a gene.
@rainscape we have that, it's cry/face and iri/shim
@rainscape we have that, it's cry/face and iri/shim
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I love the idea of veining in wings!
I love the idea of veining in wings!
I don't have a specific design in mind but more Secondary genes need to focus not on the end of the wings, but more towards the joint- OR have more Tertiaries that touch that spot instead of ALSO covering up the edge designs of the existing Secondaries. Stuff like Spinner, Peregrine, Stripes, Toxin- they all mostly add stuff at the wing tips, and leave this ONE SPECIFIC spot of the wing besides the joint blank- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=160&auth=76ee3a3ff6e0376934160dd588158affaabec4b9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=160&auth=b4d21ba2fab974d554ea94da1342e93c61ee5fb4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=160&auth=14a2b3b57f33cb9969635287aab71bec4e44388a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I used the dragon im trying to gene as the model here. The Secondaries and Tertiaries I tend to favor for her ALL focus on the outer edges of the wing and leave this blank space where there's NO patterning going on. Some of the Secondary genes DO put a pattern on that spot, like Daub or Saturn, but then the extra coloration found in Spinner or Toxin is pushed away- not to mention I don't think ANY Tertiary gene even touches that wing spot aside from Smoke and Circuit! (Stained notwithstanding as it covers ALL of the dragon) I just would love to see a Secondary that has it's patterning start heavily at the joint and fade out toward the edge of the wing, or at least a Tertiary that gives that effect. The only gene that does it that way is Current, but that's a very simple pattern in comparison to Spinner or Butterfly or Toxin.
I don't have a specific design in mind but more Secondary genes need to focus not on the end of the wings, but more towards the joint- OR have more Tertiaries that touch that spot instead of ALSO covering up the edge designs of the existing Secondaries.

Stuff like Spinner, Peregrine, Stripes, Toxin- they all mostly add stuff at the wing tips, and leave this ONE SPECIFIC spot of the wing besides the joint blank-
dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=160&auth=76ee3a3ff6e0376934160dd588158affaabec4b9&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=160&auth=b4d21ba2fab974d554ea94da1342e93c61ee5fb4&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=160&auth=14a2b3b57f33cb9969635287aab71bec4e44388a&dummyext=prev.png

I used the dragon im trying to gene as the model here. The Secondaries and Tertiaries I tend to favor for her ALL focus on the outer edges of the wing and leave this blank space where there's NO patterning going on. Some of the Secondary genes DO put a pattern on that spot, like Daub or Saturn, but then the extra coloration found in Spinner or Toxin is pushed away- not to mention I don't think ANY Tertiary gene even touches that wing spot aside from Smoke and Circuit! (Stained notwithstanding as it covers ALL of the dragon)

I just would love to see a Secondary that has it's patterning start heavily at the joint and fade out toward the edge of the wing, or at least a Tertiary that gives that effect. The only gene that does it that way is Current, but that's a very simple pattern in comparison to Spinner or Butterfly or Toxin.
TakasKa not takasHa eHsIhFC.png
we need fluffy primary and secondary genes to make our dragons look more warm and cozy, like fur,,,,,, tundras are our only fluffy guys (and that's really all they have going for them)
we need fluffy primary and secondary genes to make our dragons look more warm and cozy, like fur,,,,,, tundras are our only fluffy guys (and that's really all they have going for them)
they/them
b82c3872f2aea38ea15bfd6d3fbce91f9e9a0b8c.gif
Supporting the peacock gene! It would also look amazing with petals!

Supporting the peacock gene! It would also look amazing with petals!

CLVpsxr.gif
[quote name="Tsuni" date=2017-02-01 13:05:33] [quote name="Bumbling" date=2017-01-14 09:48:20] [quote name="hayum" date=2016-10-13 23:30:50] [quote name="VeiledOverdose" date=2016-08-18 16:43:25] [quote name="Sinornis" date=2016-07-26 15:52:00] [quote name="Phenri" date=2016-06-08 05:29:00] [quote name="wolfhowler77" date=2016-06-03 22:36:29] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-06-03 10:53:42] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c: I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else. (These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/m0d0qt9y7/peacock.jpg[/img] [/quote] Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support! [/quote] Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D [/quote] Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing! [/quote] YES. I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed. [/quote] My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!! [/quote] while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting. [/quote] I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this! [/quote] Support! Maybe if it was a little less busy but I definitely would want this on some of my dragons
Tsuni wrote on 2017-02-01:
Bumbling wrote on 2017-01-14:
hayum wrote on 2016-10-13:
VeiledOverdose wrote on 2016-08-18:
Sinornis wrote on 2016-07-26:
Phenri wrote on 2016-06-08:
wolfhowler77 wrote on 2016-06-03:
This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks!

Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly.

What do you guys think?

emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c:

I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else.

(These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.)

peacock.jpg
Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support!

Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D
Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing!

YES.

I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed.
My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!!

while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting.

I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this!
Support! Maybe if it was a little less busy but I definitely would want this on some of my dragons
hAznNSR.png +1 FR Time
-She/herlolll

Links and Things
-Dergs For Sale
-My Familiar Quest
-Looking for Dragons

[quote name="SkyJumper" date=2017-04-27 10:23:50] [quote name="Tsuni" date=2017-02-01 13:05:33] [quote name="Bumbling" date=2017-01-14 09:48:20] [quote name="hayum" date=2016-10-13 23:30:50] [quote name="VeiledOverdose" date=2016-08-18 16:43:25] [quote name="Sinornis" date=2016-07-26 15:52:00] [quote name="Phenri" date=2016-06-08 05:29:00] [quote name="wolfhowler77" date=2016-06-03 22:36:29] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-06-03 10:53:42] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c: I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else. (These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/m0d0qt9y7/peacock.jpg[/img] [/quote] Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support! [/quote] Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D [/quote] Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing! [/quote] YES. I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed. [/quote] My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!! [/quote] while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting. [/quote] I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this! [/quote] Support! Maybe if it was a little less busy but I definitely would want this on some of my dragons [/quote] 10/10 so much support for this gorgeous gene, but pls don't make it a gem gene.
SkyJumper wrote on 2017-04-27:
Tsuni wrote on 2017-02-01:
Bumbling wrote on 2017-01-14:
hayum wrote on 2016-10-13:
VeiledOverdose wrote on 2016-08-18:
Sinornis wrote on 2016-07-26:
Phenri wrote on 2016-06-08:
wolfhowler77 wrote on 2016-06-03:

What do you guys think?

emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

peacock.jpg
Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support!

Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D
Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing!

YES.

I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed.
My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!!

while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting.

I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this!
Support! Maybe if it was a little less busy but I definitely would want this on some of my dragons
10/10 so much support for this gorgeous gene, but pls don't make it a gem gene.
ybwf4f9.gif
[quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Support but with someone colors, it seems to resemble gembond...?

What do you guys think?

emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

Support but with someone colors, it seems to resemble gembond...?
Used to be @GalaxyFilly
[quote name="GalaxyFilly" date=2017-05-06 02:29:35] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Support but with someone colors, it seems to resemble gembond...? [/quote] has my support as well :D
GalaxyFilly wrote on 2017-05-06:

What do you guys think?

emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

Support but with someone colors, it seems to resemble gembond...?

has my support as well :D
ezgif_1_4788fbd097_by_syrinq-dcenk51.gifpeepers_by_syrinq-dcenjwy.gif
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 63 64