Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 63 64
[quote name="Akantra" date=2014-06-28 05:25:00] Heya, I want my dragons to have wing-TATTOOS ( as a tertiary gene) but this would look bad with all secondary genes exept shimmer- thats why I propose a secondary and tertiary gene in-ONE ! The secondary color would fade with lither and darker parts on the wing and maybe also habe some first makings that go into the Tattoo markings on the edge of the wing. I hope you can understand what I mean. But since anyone only seems to notice pictures I will make some examples with my non existing digital art skills.. _PLACE FOR EXAMPLE_ @[b]Neffertity[/b] made this wonderful runic primary and I imagined my gene as a counterpart that would go well with it [img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/213/a/b/fr__gene_concept__runic_guardian_male_by_neffertity-d6g736g.png[/img] [/quote] [i]Please.[/i]
Akantra wrote on 2014-06-28:
Heya, I want my dragons to have wing-TATTOOS ( as a tertiary gene) but this would look bad with all secondary genes exept shimmer-

thats why I propose a secondary and tertiary gene in-ONE !
The secondary color would fade with lither and darker parts on the wing and maybe also habe some first makings that go into the Tattoo markings on the edge of the wing.
I hope you can understand what I mean. But since anyone only seems to notice pictures I will make some examples with my non existing digital art skills..

_PLACE FOR EXAMPLE_

@Neffertity made this wonderful runic primary and I imagined my gene as a counterpart that would go well with it

fr__gene_concept__runic_guardian_male_by_neffertity-d6g736g.png

Please.
orion1_by_theowlartist-datroex.png
Wings with stars! Like a starry night sky reflected in the dragon wings!
Wings with stars! Like a starry night sky reflected in the dragon wings!
Something that like faintly glows and is wispy maybe and maybe it could be called Spirit or something
Something that like faintly glows and is wispy maybe and maybe it could be called Spirit or something
I think a mosaic and peacock gene would be lovely!
I think a mosaic and peacock gene would be lovely!
qXZqPz6.gif
[quote name="Theowlartist" date=2017-02-16 19:43:31] [quote name="Akantra" date=2014-06-28 05:25:00] Heya, I want my dragons to have wing-TATTOOS ( as a tertiary gene) but this would look bad with all secondary genes exept shimmer- thats why I propose a secondary and tertiary gene in-ONE ! The secondary color would fade with lither and darker parts on the wing and maybe also habe some first makings that go into the Tattoo markings on the edge of the wing. I hope you can understand what I mean. But since anyone only seems to notice pictures I will make some examples with my non existing digital art skills.. _PLACE FOR EXAMPLE_ @[b]Neffertity[/b] made this wonderful runic primary and I imagined my gene as a counterpart that would go well with it [img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/213/a/b/fr__gene_concept__runic_guardian_male_by_neffertity-d6g736g.png[/img] [/quote] [i]Please.[/i] [/quote] Beautiful! Full support from me! These look like an actual gene!
Theowlartist wrote on 2017-02-16:
Heya, I want my dragons to have wing-TATTOOS ( as a tertiary gene) but this would look bad with all secondary genes exept shimmer-

The secondary color would fade with lither and darker parts on the wing and maybe also habe some first makings that go into the Tattoo markings on the edge of the wing.
I hope you can understand what I mean. But since anyone only seems to notice pictures I will make some examples with my non existing digital art skills..

_PLACE FOR EXAMPLE_

@Neffertity made this wonderful runic primary and I imagined my gene as a counterpart that would go well with it

Please.
Beautiful! Full support from me! These look like an actual gene!
ZzHMFvW.pngxtBt3oa.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvNuEX1r2ao8y_540.png
[quote name="Hiame" date=2017-02-07 03:19:37] [quote name="Tsuni" date=2017-02-01 13:05:33] [quote name="Bumbling" date=2017-01-14 09:48:20] [quote name="hayum" date=2016-10-13 23:30:50] [quote name="VeiledOverdose" date=2016-08-18 16:43:25] [quote name="Sinornis" date=2016-07-26 15:52:00] [quote name="Phenri" date=2016-06-08 05:29:00] [quote name="wolfhowler77" date=2016-06-03 22:36:29] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-06-03 10:53:42] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c: I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else. (These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/m0d0qt9y7/peacock.jpg[/img] [/quote] Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support! [/quote] Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D [/quote] Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing! [/quote] YES. I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed. [/quote] My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!! [/quote] while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting. [/quote] I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this! [/quote] Support [/quote] I support, hella support, but it kinda reminds me of the eyespots gene we already have.
Hiame wrote on 2017-02-07:
Tsuni wrote on 2017-02-01:
Bumbling wrote on 2017-01-14:
hayum wrote on 2016-10-13:
VeiledOverdose wrote on 2016-08-18:
Sinornis wrote on 2016-07-26:
Phenri wrote on 2016-06-08:
wolfhowler77 wrote on 2016-06-03:
KatieOurMatie wrote on 2016-06-03:
KatieOurMatie wrote on 2016-02-19:
This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks!

Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly.

It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps!

What do you guys think?

Original concept, using Emerald:
emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c:

I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else.

(These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.)

peacock.jpg
Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support!

Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D
Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing!

YES.

I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed.
My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!!

while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting.

I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this!
Support
I support, hella support, but it kinda reminds me of the eyespots gene we already have.
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Click :D
[quote name="WillowThorn" date=2017-03-09 17:09:18] [quote name="Theowlartist" date=2017-02-16 19:43:31] [quote name="Akantra" date=2014-06-28 05:25:00] Heya, I want my dragons to have wing-TATTOOS ( as a tertiary gene) but this would look bad with all secondary genes exept shimmer- thats why I propose a secondary and tertiary gene in-ONE ! The secondary color would fade with lither and darker parts on the wing and maybe also habe some first makings that go into the Tattoo markings on the edge of the wing. I hope you can understand what I mean. But since anyone only seems to notice pictures I will make some examples with my non existing digital art skills.. _PLACE FOR EXAMPLE_ @[b]Neffertity[/b] made this wonderful runic primary and I imagined my gene as a counterpart that would go well with it [img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/213/a/b/fr__gene_concept__runic_guardian_male_by_neffertity-d6g736g.png[/img] [/quote] [i]Please.[/i] [/quote] Beautiful! Full support from me! These look like an actual gene! [/quote] Support
WillowThorn wrote on 2017-03-09:
Theowlartist wrote on 2017-02-16:

_PLACE FOR EXAMPLE_

Please.
Beautiful! Full support from me! These look like an actual gene!
Support
How about a primary and secondary gene version of Glimmer the tertiary gene
How about a primary and secondary gene version of Glimmer the tertiary gene
Gem gene that looks like insect wings pls [img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3421/3727357191_80b7f9ac69_z.jpg[/img] It would make the wings look a little translucent, too. I know I would put it on like half my dragons if this gene was out ^^ Also, in some colors it would look like veins of a leaf!
Gem gene that looks like insect wings pls

3727357191_80b7f9ac69_z.jpg

It would make the wings look a little translucent, too. I know I would put it on like half my dragons if this gene was out ^^ Also, in some colors it would look like veins of a leaf!
@barkscales I'm fairly sure that's called Butterfly

All jokes aside, a Dragonfly or Lacewing gene could be interesting, if it looks different enough!
@barkscales I'm fairly sure that's called Butterfly

All jokes aside, a Dragonfly or Lacewing gene could be interesting, if it looks different enough!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 63 64