Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 193 194
Zebra/Zigzag, a primary/secondary pair, would be interesting.

It'd be like a mix between Tiger/Stripes and Piebald/Paint. The rest of the body is white, but the stripes (resembling zebra stripes) are in whatever color the dragon is.

The stripes could have some gradient as appropriate for the color (e.g. Copper would have a bit of that tealish tinge to it), and could also differ slightly depending on breed/gender as a reference to how real zebra stripes are not only different depending on the breed but also the individual zebra.

I feel like this'd look really cool in colors like Radioactive.
Zebra/Zigzag, a primary/secondary pair, would be interesting.

It'd be like a mix between Tiger/Stripes and Piebald/Paint. The rest of the body is white, but the stripes (resembling zebra stripes) are in whatever color the dragon is.

The stripes could have some gradient as appropriate for the color (e.g. Copper would have a bit of that tealish tinge to it), and could also differ slightly depending on breed/gender as a reference to how real zebra stripes are not only different depending on the breed but also the individual zebra.

I feel like this'd look really cool in colors like Radioactive.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
[quote name="Sallin" date="2021-08-23 16:39:39" ] Idea: Simple and Plain. This might have already come up in some form but. there are So Many Pages to look through,, anyway. Swaps the 'main' colour of the dragon's primary or secondary with the belly colour. It's pretty low-key but can be pretty striking and could be fun for playing around with different shades. Makes a good backdrop for busy terts/accents/apparel. Some mockups, I wasn't quite able to get the shading colours quite right but these are just general ideas of what these genes might look like: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426770938181451784/879499179007836220/simple-plain1.png[/img] Black/Violet [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426770938181451784/879501649570299944/simple-plain2.png[/img] Copper/Flint [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426770938181451784/879503424406835300/simple-plain3.png[/img] Orca/Umber [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426770938181451784/879508060031311872/simple-plain4.png[/img] Grapefruit/Coral [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426770938181451784/879508093434740746/simple-plain5.png[/img] Sky/Robin [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426770938181451784/879508270430167080/simple-plain6.png[/img] Tarnish/Spruce [/quote] Very nice, perhaps it could be called inverse
Sallin wrote on 2021-08-23 16:39:39:
Idea:

Simple and Plain.

This might have already come up in some form but. there are So Many Pages to look through,, anyway.
Swaps the 'main' colour of the dragon's primary or secondary with the belly colour. It's pretty low-key but can be pretty striking and could be fun for playing around with different shades. Makes a good backdrop for busy terts/accents/apparel.

Some mockups, I wasn't quite able to get the shading colours quite right but these are just general ideas of what these genes might look like:

simple-plain1.png
Black/Violet

simple-plain2.png
Copper/Flint

simple-plain3.png
Orca/Umber

simple-plain4.png
Grapefruit/Coral

simple-plain5.png
Sky/Robin

simple-plain6.png
Tarnish/Spruce
Very nice, perhaps it could be called inverse

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Ok.. I got this idea a few days ago and it stuck around in my head, so here it is. I call it "Bubbles" and "Pearls" - those are just working titles so, feel free to suggest other names. I've used the colour palette from skink/spinner. Berry: [img]https://i.imgur.com/z4AD4Ri.png[/img] Pearl: [img]https://i.imgur.com/RJFfAw5.png[/img] Shamrock: [img]https://i.imgur.com/w9hjM2Q.png[/img] Splash: [img]https://i.imgur.com/XBJjXWk.png[/img]
Ok.. I got this idea a few days ago and it stuck around in my head, so here it is.

I call it "Bubbles" and "Pearls" - those are just working titles so, feel free to suggest other names.
I've used the colour palette from skink/spinner.

Berry:
z4AD4Ri.png

Pearl:
RJFfAw5.png

Shamrock:
w9hjM2Q.png

Splash:
XBJjXWk.png
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
A possible compromise to fixing/not fixing Shamrock Alloy on male Obelisks - Transparent/Translucent primary and secondary. A gene that’s the Basic pattern and color, only see-through.

Won’t work great with accents that use blank white space as a background, but then again neither do the Scenes we now have, so. But it WOULD work great with Stained and Ghost and, well, the very Scenes that don’t work well with white-negative-space accents.

Good for ghostly dragons and dragons with thin membranous wings (for the secondary, though the hair will be coming, too)

Cons - multigaze, gembond, etc won’t show through the other side

(Edit to say that Glowtail and Koi could also look very cool) (and that this could be a rockin’ Night of the Nocturne gene)

I guess further edit to say this if this is indeed a GENE it could actually contain art that puts the indication of the other side of the dragon in it (ie the outline of the legs behind the front ones) Not as simple to implement as my original thought but possibly pretty darn cool (would it force us to see where all the Fae neck is? Maybe what I say is blasphemy) :P
A possible compromise to fixing/not fixing Shamrock Alloy on male Obelisks - Transparent/Translucent primary and secondary. A gene that’s the Basic pattern and color, only see-through.

Won’t work great with accents that use blank white space as a background, but then again neither do the Scenes we now have, so. But it WOULD work great with Stained and Ghost and, well, the very Scenes that don’t work well with white-negative-space accents.

Good for ghostly dragons and dragons with thin membranous wings (for the secondary, though the hair will be coming, too)

(Edit to say that Glowtail and Koi could also look very cool) (and that this could be a rockin’ Night of the Nocturne gene)

I guess further edit to say this if this is indeed a GENE it could actually contain art that puts the indication of the other side of the dragon in it (ie the outline of the legs behind the front ones) Not as simple to implement as my original thought but possibly pretty darn cool (would it force us to see where all the Fae neck is? Maybe what I say is blasphemy) :P
Hearts! A gene that gives dragons a dappling heart pattern [emoji=heart size=1]
Hearts! A gene that gives dragons a dappling heart pattern
fSKEqvh.pngiZNHxAi.gifEYcGP9d.gif5pu1nFj.png12vRxt6.gif
[quote name="Churrell" date="2021-09-07 08:33:13" ] A possible compromise to fixing/not fixing Shamrock Alloy on male Obelisks - Transparent/Translucent primary and secondary. A gene that’s the Basic pattern and color, only see-through. Won’t work great with accents that use blank white space as a background, but then again neither do the Scenes we now have, so. But it WOULD work great with Stained and Ghost and, well, the very Scenes that don’t work well with white-negative-space accents. Good for ghostly dragons and dragons with thin membranous wings (for the secondary, though the hair will be coming, too) Cons - multigaze, gembond, etc won’t show through the other side (Edit to say that Glowtail and Koi could also look very cool) (and that this could be a rockin’ Night of the Nocturne gene) I guess further edit to say this if this is indeed a GENE it could actually contain art that puts the indication of the other side of the dragon in it (ie the outline of the legs behind the front ones) Not as simple to implement as my original thought but possibly pretty darn cool (would it force us to see where all the Fae neck is? Maybe what I say is blasphemy) :P [/quote] Jellyfish gene
Churrell wrote on 2021-09-07 08:33:13:

Jellyfish gene
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I couldn’t find any Eye Type Suggestions subtopic (o0-0o)

This eye type is called Otherworldy. (One the dragon’s page it would say something like “Eye Type: Arcane Otherworldly”) I made it with Photoshop but I only did it with the Fae females because they have big eyes. The gene would probably be called “Vial of Multicolored Sight”.
I couldn’t find any Eye Type Suggestions subtopic (o0-0o)

This eye type is called Otherworldy. (One the dragon’s page it would say something like “Eye Type: Arcane Otherworldly”) I made it with Photoshop but I only did it with the Fae females because they have big eyes. The gene would probably be called “Vial of Multicolored Sight”.
k5-CB10.pngk1-L20.pngk2-S16.pngk3-M43.pngk4-M22.pngnaG2hHB.png T20.png s0RMySq.gif so001-d01-Pixel-Cat75332.png
BJ6ik2C.png
Click the shelf for book credit!
Noticed they eye suggestion and thought huh. I like the multi eye a great deal. because space is so popular in skins. What about an eye idea that has eyes across the wings in different as moon fazes or stars eyes. even awake to asleep.
Noticed they eye suggestion and thought huh. I like the multi eye a great deal. because space is so popular in skins. What about an eye idea that has eyes across the wings in different as moon fazes or stars eyes. even awake to asleep.
UbXQ54R.jpg
Banescales are very short on the genepool!

Can we please get Ribbon/Eel for Banescales??
Banescales are very short on the genepool!

Can we please get Ribbon/Eel for Banescales??
gC8Fl1N.png3mRCtgv.pngdO7Qce6.pngo6Tbf9W.png She/They
I wish I could draw this out, but maybe some Moth inspired genes? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749107525458067469/897855243331723274/C-1BQhFWAAELUdX.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749107525458067469/897855437687390228/opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__mnn__images__2017__07__comet-moth-f4f3ae61ddf74b.png[/img] There are a lot more gorgeous patterns out there but these were the first that came to mind!
I wish I could draw this out, but maybe some Moth inspired genes?

C-1BQhFWAAELUdX.png

opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__mnn__images__2017__07__comet-moth-f4f3ae61ddf74b.png

There are a lot more gorgeous patterns out there but these were the first that came to mind!
ooSuhor.png
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 193 194