Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Profile Comment Likes/Reactions!
"Like" and "Profile Comments" are kind of broad (and hot) topics to search, so I do apologize if this has come up before, but it's something I think about all the time!! I would [i]love[/i] if there was an owner-only little like button (or reaction button, maybe? We have all these emojis!!) for profile comments! For example, if someone posts that one of my dragons was on the front page, I'd just love to be able to acknowledge that with a like, or a heart, or a smile, or something! As it is now, I either have to smile quietly to myself IRL (which I do, but... It's a bit lonely), or I have to post a [i]whole comment to someone else's profile[/i] just to say thank you for the greeting or well-wishes or kind comment, which seems... Just a touch clunky. Just to clarify again: I wouldn't want everybody to be able to react to a comment on my profile. This would be for the [u]profile owner only[/u]! This of course goes hand-in-hand with wanting to be able to disable profile comments altogether, that is a given, and I'm genuinely a bit surprised that didn't happen with the profile refactor. :O Hopefully soon! I can somewhat see the opposite side of things, where the ability to react to a comment would make folks feel pressured to do so, or turn off their comments altogether... But really, truly, I'm not sure that's something that would ever come up! [s]And to be honest, if folks are bugging you about something like that, I feel it's probably best to just report that as harassment, block, and move on...[/s] This community really is super nice an [i]easy[/i] 90% of the time, and if you're me, you've literally never seen it get nasty in real time. People are typically just vibing, and being super cool to each other! That's all! Nothing super critical, I just wanna smile at people! [emoji=mirror laughing size=1]
"Like" and "Profile Comments" are kind of broad (and hot) topics to search, so I do apologize if this has come up before, but it's something I think about all the time!!

I would love if there was an owner-only little like button (or reaction button, maybe? We have all these emojis!!) for profile comments! For example, if someone posts that one of my dragons was on the front page, I'd just love to be able to acknowledge that with a like, or a heart, or a smile, or something! As it is now, I either have to smile quietly to myself IRL (which I do, but... It's a bit lonely), or I have to post a whole comment to someone else's profile just to say thank you for the greeting or well-wishes or kind comment, which seems... Just a touch clunky.

Just to clarify again: I wouldn't want everybody to be able to react to a comment on my profile. This would be for the profile owner only!

This of course goes hand-in-hand with wanting to be able to disable profile comments altogether, that is a given, and I'm genuinely a bit surprised that didn't happen with the profile refactor. :O Hopefully soon!

I can somewhat see the opposite side of things, where the ability to react to a comment would make folks feel pressured to do so, or turn off their comments altogether... But really, truly, I'm not sure that's something that would ever come up! And to be honest, if folks are bugging you about something like that, I feel it's probably best to just report that as harassment, block, and move on... This community really is super nice an easy 90% of the time, and if you're me, you've literally never seen it get nasty in real time. People are typically just vibing, and being super cool to each other!

That's all! Nothing super critical, I just wanna smile at people!
51.png
I will admit my knee jerk reaction was 'no way!'

But, since this would only be the owner of thep rofile being able to react to comments on their own profile? Sure, sounds like a good way to tell someone 'hey I saw this! thanks'

Honestly, I do feel pressured to respond to profile comments, simply to let the person know 'hey I saw this', which often does mean posting on their profile.

However, unfortunately, we can't turn off comments on our profiles, but we should be able to.
I will admit my knee jerk reaction was 'no way!'

But, since this would only be the owner of thep rofile being able to react to comments on their own profile? Sure, sounds like a good way to tell someone 'hey I saw this! thanks'

Honestly, I do feel pressured to respond to profile comments, simply to let the person know 'hey I saw this', which often does mean posting on their profile.

However, unfortunately, we can't turn off comments on our profiles, but we should be able to.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
That’s pretty much exactly my thought, too! I really want to be able to acknowledge a nice comment when I get one, it feels so rude not to, but it feels so… Silly? Obtrusive? To have to do a whole comment that gums up someone else’s profile. Plus, if that person has theirs turned off (in a perfect world where we can opt out of profile comments) we can still be openly (but quietly!) thankful when they’re kind enough to leave notes for those of us that keep them on! [emoji=mirror happy size=1] I thought of it in my head quite a lot like Youtube comments, where you can see when the creator has liked the comment… But without the public likes/upvotes, lol. Maybe someday!!
That’s pretty much exactly my thought, too! I really want to be able to acknowledge a nice comment when I get one, it feels so rude not to, but it feels so… Silly? Obtrusive? To have to do a whole comment that gums up someone else’s profile. Plus, if that person has theirs turned off (in a perfect world where we can opt out of profile comments) we can still be openly (but quietly!) thankful when they’re kind enough to leave notes for those of us that keep them on!

I thought of it in my head quite a lot like Youtube comments, where you can see when the creator has liked the comment… But without the public likes/upvotes, lol. Maybe someday!!
51.png
Oh yeah I've always wanted something like this and I think I've suggested it before! It's kind of cluttering to have a lot of "thank you"s on your profile from commenting on each others' profiles, and profile comments aren't really the place for conversation in the first place, so I don't think having emotes for them will stifle communication all that much.
Oh yeah I've always wanted something like this and I think I've suggested it before! It's kind of cluttering to have a lot of "thank you"s on your profile from commenting on each others' profiles, and profile comments aren't really the place for conversation in the first place, so I don't think having emotes for them will stifle communication all that much.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
i support this, it'd be nice to be able to acknowledge you saw their comment on your page without having to go over and comment on theirs
i support this, it'd be nice to be able to acknowledge you saw their comment on your page without having to go over and comment on theirs
sh5xjiu.pngdIMtL1H.pngvMooiXU.pngnfy0IrS.png5iXiC8z.pngoqjWYKt.pngHpBYoOt.pngca4nyRv.pngNlmYDAS.pngqhK4FYS.pnga69iToJ.pngYMPbu9R.png