Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | use more magnifying glasses at once
i think we can all agree that the magnifying glasses for precision work is a bit lacking considering it's

1 magnifying glass:1 plot:10min as opposed to 1 pick axe:15min:5 plots

magnifying glasses accumulate quickly with no real way to quickly use them unlike pick axes, and i know from conversations i've seen about arlo since it's release that this does stress people out, as well as frustrate them - i've seen a lot of suggestions i support such as allowing the usage of more than 1 magnifying glass at a time, a pick axe/magnifying glass exchange program, and even an arlo item exchange with work items as currency

my suggestion today though is a proposal towards changing the way magnifying glasses work--

1 magnifying glass = 10min, then you are allowed to use up to four (4) more magnifying glasses on the same plot for an additional +5min added to the timer for every glass you pick.

this keeps the cost of purposely doing precise work a bit higher than the randomized plot choices of the pick axes, while giving you the same number of plot squares dug. the time increase seems like a fair type of balance considering with the magnifying glasses you are picking the plot, which can lead to purposeful farming of specific plot items, which as some will complain - could lead to an over-inflation of arlo items in the AH (which i personally do not see as an issue)
i think we can all agree that the magnifying glasses for precision work is a bit lacking considering it's

1 magnifying glass:1 plot:10min as opposed to 1 pick axe:15min:5 plots

magnifying glasses accumulate quickly with no real way to quickly use them unlike pick axes, and i know from conversations i've seen about arlo since it's release that this does stress people out, as well as frustrate them - i've seen a lot of suggestions i support such as allowing the usage of more than 1 magnifying glass at a time, a pick axe/magnifying glass exchange program, and even an arlo item exchange with work items as currency

my suggestion today though is a proposal towards changing the way magnifying glasses work--

1 magnifying glass = 10min, then you are allowed to use up to four (4) more magnifying glasses on the same plot for an additional +5min added to the timer for every glass you pick.

this keeps the cost of purposely doing precise work a bit higher than the randomized plot choices of the pick axes, while giving you the same number of plot squares dug. the time increase seems like a fair type of balance considering with the magnifying glasses you are picking the plot, which can lead to purposeful farming of specific plot items, which as some will complain - could lead to an over-inflation of arlo items in the AH (which i personally do not see as an issue)
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I'm happy to support this an any method of making the magnifying glasses more worthwhile to use. They quickly pile up, and even if you stop collecting them you still have 400 you have to use up, one at a time while waiting ten minutes for that sole magnifying glass to finish its work.
I'm happy to support this an any method of making the magnifying glasses more worthwhile to use. They quickly pile up, and even if you stop collecting them you still have 400 you have to use up, one at a time while waiting ten minutes for that sole magnifying glass to finish its work.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
They grant more control over place to work via less effective using of time. They not supposed being counted as 1:1 with axex in time per tile.
I am sure there ARE persisted players who spend all their dayly tools during day. Good to hear what they say.
They grant more control over place to work via less effective using of time. They not supposed being counted as 1:1 with axex in time per tile.
I am sure there ARE persisted players who spend all their dayly tools during day. Good to hear what they say.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
personally i think you could keep the ratio but not make it such a pain in the neck to check back in over and over and over if you could use like, 3 at one time. that makes it once you check every half hour instead of having to check 3 times in that half hour
personally i think you could keep the ratio but not make it such a pain in the neck to check back in over and over and over if you could use like, 3 at one time. that makes it once you check every half hour instead of having to check 3 times in that half hour
sh5xjiu.pngdIMtL1H.pngvMooiXU.pngnfy0IrS.png5iXiC8z.pngoqjWYKt.pngHpBYoOt.pngca4nyRv.pngNlmYDAS.pngqhK4FYS.pnga69iToJ.pngYMPbu9R.png
[quote name="poploppege" date="2022-12-06 16:16:34" ] personally i think you could keep the ratio but not make it such a pain in the neck to check back in over and over and over if you could use like, 3 at one time. that makes it once you check every half hour instead of having to check 3 times in that half hour [/quote] But I am take my bet it IS the main porpose why Arlo is exist - force you visit FR and make sweet page reloads for it.
poploppege wrote on 2022-12-06 16:16:34:
But I am take my bet it IS the main porpose why Arlo is exist - force you visit FR and make sweet page reloads for it.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
The whole point of the time trade off is you can pick which plot you want instead of gambling. No support, the dig sites aren’t too hard to uncover it would take a max of a week to uncover a plot you wanted even if you were a casual player
The whole point of the time trade off is you can pick which plot you want instead of gambling. No support, the dig sites aren’t too hard to uncover it would take a max of a week to uncover a plot you wanted even if you were a casual player
No support for this, however I support a way to convert pickaxes to magnifying glasses (and vice versa). I use magnifying glasses regularly to keep unearthing genes and Undertide scrolls and the pickaxes keep piling up.
No support for this, however I support a way to convert pickaxes to magnifying glasses (and vice versa). I use magnifying glasses regularly to keep unearthing genes and Undertide scrolls and the pickaxes keep piling up.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Yes please. Working adults would benefit from this, and so would children in school. Working adults would more likely spend money on the site with convenient features, and children in school would be less likely to get in trouble for checking back every so often, thus enabling them to add more page views when they can browse the site.

A limited number of like ten at a time lined up, and making the timer on them go to like 15 minutes instead of 10 would be a fair balancing of being able to use more of them at once I feel.
Yes please. Working adults would benefit from this, and so would children in school. Working adults would more likely spend money on the site with convenient features, and children in school would be less likely to get in trouble for checking back every so often, thus enabling them to add more page views when they can browse the site.

A limited number of like ten at a time lined up, and making the timer on them go to like 15 minutes instead of 10 would be a fair balancing of being able to use more of them at once I feel.
Please don't quote me.