Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | UI Suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6
@theredhood @Vampirate @BRTHDYPRSNT @NightmareLuinor @PersimmonBird @sneer @magiritsa

Thanks for the responses! I'm really glad I asked because I wasn't even aware of half of these issues even though now that I'm thinking about it I completely agree! So there seem to be a few issues showing up here:

1) MOBILE, geez yeah it's rough out there guys. I'll do some research and look at the process of making a site appear differently on mobile. I already put the site through a 'mobile usability calculator' and man it failed miserably. I'll look at the limitations and what I can realistically do and come up with some design solutions for this!

2) Tiny icons and no searching. Specifically in the crossroads, messages, and AH. I really don't think this would be very difficult to implement. But I'm happy to come up with a few screen prototypes to sort this issue out.

3) AH. I also see that comment about not being able to outwardly see all the colors on an AH dragon without opening a tab with it and that's a huge pain. I have some ideas to mostly maintain the AH screen but with some minor additions for people who can't use a mouse to hover. Also, the sale interface. Needs sorting, searching, a way to tell if an item is a Baldwin item or similar.

4) Messages. They're not linked and there's no way to see a history of previous messages. Confusing if you message a lot of people or if it's been a while since the last message. It would be nice to be able to search messages for specific senders too!

5) Alerts. Some customization for how you want to use alerts would be good. Maybe when you go onto the alert page, anything you haven't checked will remain highlighted?

6) Hibernal Den Slots. Hard to access and has no way to easily see what challenges are completed in a nice, readable way.

This has been very eye-opening lol. Hopefully, I'll get even more responses!
I'm going to repeat some questions to y'all feel free to answer or ignore whatever suits you.

So would you prefer a slightly altered mobile version of the site or would a dedicated app be a better solution?

How much time do you spend on desktop/laptop vs mobile on the website?

Would an improved interface change how much time you spend on the mobile site?

If the messages, AH, Crossroads, etc. had a proper sorting system, would you be likely to utilize them more often?

With the current state of the mobile site, what activities are you carrying out? Dailies? Coli?
Do you avoid certain tasks because of the mobile site?

I think that's about it for now! I'll post again with more questions later probably. But thank you for your time!
@theredhood @Vampirate @BRTHDYPRSNT @NightmareLuinor @PersimmonBird @sneer @magiritsa

Thanks for the responses! I'm really glad I asked because I wasn't even aware of half of these issues even though now that I'm thinking about it I completely agree! So there seem to be a few issues showing up here:

1) MOBILE, geez yeah it's rough out there guys. I'll do some research and look at the process of making a site appear differently on mobile. I already put the site through a 'mobile usability calculator' and man it failed miserably. I'll look at the limitations and what I can realistically do and come up with some design solutions for this!

2) Tiny icons and no searching. Specifically in the crossroads, messages, and AH. I really don't think this would be very difficult to implement. But I'm happy to come up with a few screen prototypes to sort this issue out.

3) AH. I also see that comment about not being able to outwardly see all the colors on an AH dragon without opening a tab with it and that's a huge pain. I have some ideas to mostly maintain the AH screen but with some minor additions for people who can't use a mouse to hover. Also, the sale interface. Needs sorting, searching, a way to tell if an item is a Baldwin item or similar.

4) Messages. They're not linked and there's no way to see a history of previous messages. Confusing if you message a lot of people or if it's been a while since the last message. It would be nice to be able to search messages for specific senders too!

5) Alerts. Some customization for how you want to use alerts would be good. Maybe when you go onto the alert page, anything you haven't checked will remain highlighted?

6) Hibernal Den Slots. Hard to access and has no way to easily see what challenges are completed in a nice, readable way.

This has been very eye-opening lol. Hopefully, I'll get even more responses!
I'm going to repeat some questions to y'all feel free to answer or ignore whatever suits you.

So would you prefer a slightly altered mobile version of the site or would a dedicated app be a better solution?

How much time do you spend on desktop/laptop vs mobile on the website?

Would an improved interface change how much time you spend on the mobile site?

If the messages, AH, Crossroads, etc. had a proper sorting system, would you be likely to utilize them more often?

With the current state of the mobile site, what activities are you carrying out? Dailies? Coli?
Do you avoid certain tasks because of the mobile site?

I think that's about it for now! I'll post again with more questions later probably. But thank you for your time!
Vsavi
-Skins
-Art
Tales of Terror
Can't order apparel in dressing room on mobile
Can't order apparel in dressing room on mobile
IMG_3849.png
Not being able to save searches in Dragon Search is a pain. It uses the same filters as the AH, it should have the save function as well!

Speaking of filters, an "exclude" feature would be awesome. Right now in the AH or Dragon Search you have to include everything but the things you don't want, and it only works for some parts of it.

I prefer to coli on my phone, it's more comfortable to me.
Not being able to save searches in Dragon Search is a pain. It uses the same filters as the AH, it should have the save function as well!

Speaking of filters, an "exclude" feature would be awesome. Right now in the AH or Dragon Search you have to include everything but the things you don't want, and it only works for some parts of it.

I prefer to coli on my phone, it's more comfortable to me.
Stuffed Mith > Avatar
> Wishlist
> Progens: Maya & Sunflight
> she/her
> Canadian
> PST
I use mobile quite a bit - on a tablet to be exact. My biggest problem is not being able to go and select something like "trading post" without having to zoom in because I inadvertently hit "crossroads".

Speaking of Crossroads - when we get a notification that we have a pending trade in our alerts - can the alert take us directly into the function? When we have sold something, we are taken to Auction activity - why not crossroads?

I prefer my desktop simply because i can SEE what I am looking at - I can quickly use my mouse (yes I detest trackpads) and select the link. I probably use it 75% desktop and 25% mobile.

I basically get on the site to feed my dragons, bond with my familiars, do some digging with Arlo. I do play a game here and there but only on the desktop.
I use mobile quite a bit - on a tablet to be exact. My biggest problem is not being able to go and select something like "trading post" without having to zoom in because I inadvertently hit "crossroads".

Speaking of Crossroads - when we get a notification that we have a pending trade in our alerts - can the alert take us directly into the function? When we have sold something, we are taken to Auction activity - why not crossroads?

I prefer my desktop simply because i can SEE what I am looking at - I can quickly use my mouse (yes I detest trackpads) and select the link. I probably use it 75% desktop and 25% mobile.

I basically get on the site to feed my dragons, bond with my familiars, do some digging with Arlo. I do play a game here and there but only on the desktop.
Honestly, one of the things that frustrates me most is that there is no confirmation button for sending friend requests. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes when I'm reading forum posts I'll idly click around the page and accidentally send someone a friend request. And then I have to PM them apologizing and spend the next few hours stressed over something that easily could have been prevented by a single confirmation message

Also, the fact that there is no way to do an exact search on the auction house. If I'm searching for "fly" it's because I want buy a fly, not the 50 other things with fly in the title
Honestly, one of the things that frustrates me most is that there is no confirmation button for sending friend requests. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes when I'm reading forum posts I'll idly click around the page and accidentally send someone a friend request. And then I have to PM them apologizing and spend the next few hours stressed over something that easily could have been prevented by a single confirmation message

Also, the fact that there is no way to do an exact search on the auction house. If I'm searching for "fly" it's because I want buy a fly, not the 50 other things with fly in the title
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
[quote name="magiritsa" date="2022-11-27 12:00:45" ] For me it's the abscent of a search function when messaging items :( I don't want to bother people with 1t pas, especially during dom pushes when they could also be handling dragons. Also, a preview when playing with the dragon bio would be nice. [/quote] This!!! And not only when you try to message or crossroads items, it's the same if you're trying to sell them, it takes an age to find them bcs there's no search function
magiritsa wrote on 2022-11-27 12:00:45:
For me it's the abscent of a search function when messaging items :( I don't want to bother people with 1t pas, especially during dom pushes when they could also be handling dragons. Also, a preview when playing with the dragon bio would be nice.

This!!! And not only when you try to message or crossroads items, it's the same if you're trying to sell them, it takes an age to find them bcs there's no search function
tumblr_nl33s8igUR1u3wsjco4_250.pngtumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gif
and yes, I'd love an exclude function on the AH as well with the dragons. Often my searches are something like "any genes but basic" and it takes an age to select everything that isn't basic
and yes, I'd love an exclude function on the AH as well with the dragons. Often my searches are something like "any genes but basic" and it takes an age to select everything that isn't basic
No dark mode. I have sensitive eyes :(
No dark mode. I have sensitive eyes :(
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
And yes, I avoid bonding with familiars until I can grab my laptop, it takes way more time on phone (on laptop you can click the bond button and just arrow right on the keyboard to skip to the next dragon)
And yes, I avoid bonding with familiars until I can grab my laptop, it takes way more time on phone (on laptop you can click the bond button and just arrow right on the keyboard to skip to the next dragon)
The lack of being able to search anything in the messages, Baldwin, crossroads (I think), and when on the page to sell things on the AH. On this chromebook, the screen is small, and since things are ordered by release date it's sometimes hard to find what I want :( And the fact that all my dressing room outfits are on the same page as when I dress a dragon and not in a separate area like the scries. So I have to always wait for them to load... though thankfully it is not nearly as bad after we had to change internet providers. Aaaaand the fact that the Hibden is not on the sidebar. It's needed there. [quote name="Jynxynis" date="2022-11-27 15:12:58" ] Speaking of filters, an "exclude" feature would be awesome. Right now in the AH or Dragon Search you have to include everything but the things you don't want, and it only works for some parts of it.[/quote] Oh, and the lack of excluding/exact searches. I don't want to select all the terts except basic if I'm looking to buy dragons since I don't want basic terts. It's annoying. And no exact search makes selling some familiars a huge pain. No I don't want Hydra Scorpions or the Tunnel Hydra, I want the normal Hydra...
The lack of being able to search anything in the messages, Baldwin, crossroads (I think), and when on the page to sell things on the AH. On this chromebook, the screen is small, and since things are ordered by release date it's sometimes hard to find what I want :(

And the fact that all my dressing room outfits are on the same page as when I dress a dragon and not in a separate area like the scries. So I have to always wait for them to load... though thankfully it is not nearly as bad after we had to change internet providers.

Aaaaand the fact that the Hibden is not on the sidebar. It's needed there.
Jynxynis wrote on 2022-11-27 15:12:58:

Oh, and the lack of excluding/exact searches. I don't want to select all the terts except basic if I'm looking to buy dragons since I don't want basic terts. It's annoying.

And no exact search makes selling some familiars a huge pain. No I don't want Hydra Scorpions or the Tunnel Hydra, I want the normal Hydra...
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6