Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Thoughts on Dark Mode for the FR site?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Admittedly, I'm a light mode peasant, haha! I've always found text on a light background a lot easier to read so I almost never switch to dark anywhere.

But it's great to have the option; it would seem like it's becoming ubiquitous among various platforms and larger websites. Support. ^^
Admittedly, I'm a light mode peasant, haha! I've always found text on a light background a lot easier to read so I almost never switch to dark anywhere.

But it's great to have the option; it would seem like it's becoming ubiquitous among various platforms and larger websites. Support. ^^
Formerly Weidenbaum. =)
[quote name="Weidenbaum" date="2022-11-02 08:31:02" ] Admittedly, I'm a light mode peasant, haha! I've always found text on a light background a lot easier to read so I almost never switch to dark anywhere. But it's great to have the option; it would seem like it's becoming ubiquitous among various platforms and larger websites. Support. ^^ [/quote] I agree with you. Having both options is important for all users :D
Weidenbaum wrote on 2022-11-02 08:31:02:

I agree with you. Having both options is important for all users :D
EMUiovg.gif . HiKvGEG.png . x9FIHDw.png . rQ1Q2wJ.png . Webp.net-gifmaker.gif
i would love this as well as other site themes similar to what dragon cave has
they
fr +3
ping me
preorders 4/5
[quote name="inteztinez" date="2022-11-02 08:38:11" ] i would love this as well as other site themes similar to what dragon cave has [/quote] Ooo I've never heard of Dragon Cave before. Just looked it up. How does it hold up to FR?
inteztinez wrote on 2022-11-02 08:38:11:

Ooo I've never heard of Dragon Cave before. Just looked it up. How does it hold up to FR?
Absolutely!! I would love a dark mode. I don't even know if I'd use it since I'm used to the site and the beige is nice, but this mockup is really pretty. I feel like it would also add to immersion in the site a little bit at night or if you have a shadow lair or whatever - it sounds weird, but it gives off a completely different vibe and I really like it.
Absolutely!! I would love a dark mode. I don't even know if I'd use it since I'm used to the site and the beige is nice, but this mockup is really pretty. I feel like it would also add to immersion in the site a little bit at night or if you have a shadow lair or whatever - it sounds weird, but it gives off a completely different vibe and I really like it.
i like minecraft (the video game)
Rw7uKRS.png
[quote name="Dalk" date="2022-11-02 08:58:21" ] Absolutely!! I would love a dark mode. I don't even know if I'd use it since I'm used to the site and the beige is nice, but this mockup is really pretty. I feel like it would also add to immersion in the site a little bit at night or if you have a shadow lair or whatever - it sounds weird, but it gives off a completely different vibe and I really like it. [/quote] For sure! I think just having the option would be nice for a lot of people.
Dalk wrote on 2022-11-02 08:58:21:

For sure! I think just having the option would be nice for a lot of people.
Staff already know we want this. The 'some assets have white backgrounds' thing comes from their response of 'this isn't possible until we're done refactoring, but we'll be looking into it afterwards (to paraphrase).
Staff already know we want this. The 'some assets have white backgrounds' thing comes from their response of 'this isn't possible until we're done refactoring, but we'll be looking into it afterwards (to paraphrase).
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2022-11-02 09:58:03" ] Staff already know we want this. The 'some assets have white backgrounds' thing comes from their response of 'this isn't possible until we're done refactoring, but we'll be looking into it afterwards (to paraphrase). [/quote] Ah good to know! Hopefully it will be a feature soon?
Vendrus wrote on 2022-11-02 09:58:03:

Ah good to know! Hopefully it will be a feature soon?
Yes, I believe they’ll look into this when the refactor is completely done! I have a dark mode extension for use on most other websites and while I don't use it on fr, I did forget to turn it off one time.

… trust me, waiting until the refactor finishes is very necessary. Unrefactored pages were hideous, blinding bright background images that make you go “ahh my eyes” layered on top of the dark bg. Going from one refactored page to an unrefactored one was like shining a flashlight in your eyes. (Basically, even if I wanted to use the extension it simply doesn’t work here lol)

I definitely support a dark mode/themes! And the refactor is close to finishing I think, so it’d be nice to have once it’s fully done!
Yes, I believe they’ll look into this when the refactor is completely done! I have a dark mode extension for use on most other websites and while I don't use it on fr, I did forget to turn it off one time.

… trust me, waiting until the refactor finishes is very necessary. Unrefactored pages were hideous, blinding bright background images that make you go “ahh my eyes” layered on top of the dark bg. Going from one refactored page to an unrefactored one was like shining a flashlight in your eyes. (Basically, even if I wanted to use the extension it simply doesn’t work here lol)

I definitely support a dark mode/themes! And the refactor is close to finishing I think, so it’d be nice to have once it’s fully done!
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
[quote name="Frame" date="2022-11-02 12:17:02" ] Yes, I believe they’ll look into this when the refactor is completely done! I have a dark mode extension for use on most other websites, and while I only use fr without it I forgot to turn it off one time. … trust me, waiting until the refactor finishes is very necessary. Unrefactored pages were hideous, blinding bright background images that make you go “ahh my eyes” layered on top of the dark bg. Going from one refactored page to an unrefactored one was like shining a flashlight in your eyes. (Basically, even if I wanted to use the extension it simply doesn’t work here lol) I definitely support a dark mode/themes! And the refactor is close to finishing I think so it’s be nice to have once it’s fully done! [/quote] ' That's super interesting. I had no idea it was how that worked. Thanks for explaining it to me :D
Frame wrote on 2022-11-02 12:17:02:
Yes, I believe they’ll look into this when the refactor is completely done! I have a dark mode extension for use on most other websites, and while I only use fr without it I forgot to turn it off one time.

I definitely support a dark mode/themes! And the refactor is close to finishing I think so it’s be nice to have once it’s fully done!
'
That's super interesting. I had no idea it was how that worked. Thanks for explaining it to me :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9