Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ancient Apparel
1 2 3 4
Ok hear me out:
The point of ancients not being able to wear apparel is so staff could release new dragon species without being overloaded by the amount of apparel recolors they would have to do, right?

I noticed that floating apparel like flowerfalls or candles don't require a huge amount of work between species changes (sometimes they even have the same art for more than one species)

So, i was thinking, what if ancients could wear apparel but only these floating non-hyper specific things, like flowerfalls? They would still be allowed to wear something, but staff wouldn't have to redraw all apparel from scratch every time.
Ok hear me out:
The point of ancients not being able to wear apparel is so staff could release new dragon species without being overloaded by the amount of apparel recolors they would have to do, right?

I noticed that floating apparel like flowerfalls or candles don't require a huge amount of work between species changes (sometimes they even have the same art for more than one species)

So, i was thinking, what if ancients could wear apparel but only these floating non-hyper specific things, like flowerfalls? They would still be allowed to wear something, but staff wouldn't have to redraw all apparel from scratch every time.
beastclantop.png
@Hnai what about the misc swords and the animal misc stuff
1d7f5655b60f20cf690fcfdffc0eb6da42ac5fd3.png
[quote name="RoxanneWolf200" date="2022-01-12 08:35:18" ] @Hnai what about the misc swords and the animal misc stuff [/quote] That too!
RoxanneWolf200 wrote on 2022-01-12 08:35:18:

That too!
beastclantop.png
No support.

We were told the conditions for Ancients when they were released. They get no apparel - not even floating stuff - in exchange for the artists and devs having less work to do and us getting more breeds and linebreaks.

And then on top of that they'd probably have to add in a whole bunch of new code just to let us dress Ancients but not in all the clothes ever - judging by the difference between what's presented in the dressing room between a modern and an ancient anyway - when they could be using that time on finishing the years-long refactoring and revamping, and new ideas.

Even without the clothes, they're still more functional and able to be decorated than permababies are, as permababies don't even get skins and accents. They're fine.
No support.

We were told the conditions for Ancients when they were released. They get no apparel - not even floating stuff - in exchange for the artists and devs having less work to do and us getting more breeds and linebreaks.

And then on top of that they'd probably have to add in a whole bunch of new code just to let us dress Ancients but not in all the clothes ever - judging by the difference between what's presented in the dressing room between a modern and an ancient anyway - when they could be using that time on finishing the years-long refactoring and revamping, and new ideas.

Even without the clothes, they're still more functional and able to be decorated than permababies are, as permababies don't even get skins and accents. They're fine.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
No support in line with snek's response.
I would, however, like to see 'foreground' items similar to background, which could be things like weather, small setpieces (pile of gems, books etc).
No support in line with snek's response.
I would, however, like to see 'foreground' items similar to background, which could be things like weather, small setpieces (pile of gems, books etc).
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
No apparel, full stop. This comes up literally all the time, yes with this exact same 'clever twist'. No.
No apparel, full stop. This comes up literally all the time, yes with this exact same 'clever twist'. No.
No support. Everyone already hates how ancient genes clutter up the marketplace, imagine that with apparel too. And then folks demanding more apparel for ancients and then it defeats the entire point of those breeds
No support. Everyone already hates how ancient genes clutter up the marketplace, imagine that with apparel too. And then folks demanding more apparel for ancients and then it defeats the entire point of those breeds
no support.

i thought the main point of ancients was so that they won't be able to wear apparel? if you really want your dragons to have apparel, you can opt to have the modern breeds instead of ancients.
no support.

i thought the main point of ancients was so that they won't be able to wear apparel? if you really want your dragons to have apparel, you can opt to have the modern breeds instead of ancients.
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
midwxst

he / him
fr +3
While I would enjoy seeing some more customisation options for ancients, I feel that adding only select apparel items for ancients would just lead to confusion over what they could and couldn't wear.

(e.g. certain 'effect' pieces would still need to be redrawn as they still heavily play with the dragon shape + pose (e.g. the books would likely need adjusting), so it would be hard to tell just by looking what would be ancient-friendly, and it would just lead to people asking why x apparel can't be used/demanding all apparel be made compatible.
While I would enjoy seeing some more customisation options for ancients, I feel that adding only select apparel items for ancients would just lead to confusion over what they could and couldn't wear.

(e.g. certain 'effect' pieces would still need to be redrawn as they still heavily play with the dragon shape + pose (e.g. the books would likely need adjusting), so it would be hard to tell just by looking what would be ancient-friendly, and it would just lead to people asking why x apparel can't be used/demanding all apparel be made compatible.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
no support. I’d rather see this time go into more line breaking terts for ancients
no support. I’d rather see this time go into more line breaking terts for ancients
1 2 3 4