Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | About blocked players?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Vodizea
I've been blocked by 3 other people but here is the kicker, I have never interacted with any of them. So I have no idea why they blocked me. I found out because I wanted to make a family tree for one of my dragons.
@Vodizea
I've been blocked by 3 other people but here is the kicker, I have never interacted with any of them. So I have no idea why they blocked me. I found out because I wanted to make a family tree for one of my dragons.
ZPHN6ju.png
Personally, I find the current blocking system completely fine. Blocking is not there to punish a certain player by not allowing them to interact with public forum threads. It’s just there to block them from a particular user’s sight.

Imagine if you were blocked by a user who made a very useful thread (say a Coli build) and you could no longer see their posts. That information would suddenly be unavailable to you.
Personally, I find the current blocking system completely fine. Blocking is not there to punish a certain player by not allowing them to interact with public forum threads. It’s just there to block them from a particular user’s sight.

Imagine if you were blocked by a user who made a very useful thread (say a Coli build) and you could no longer see their posts. That information would suddenly be unavailable to you.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
If you are concerned about your privacy you should be careful about what you choose to post on a public forum. The Flight Rising forum is definitely not a public space. In fact, people who aren't even users can see your posts. You shouldn't post anything on here that is too revealing, and that's just common sense. This forum shouldn't be the place to share any sort of personal information.

People get blocked all the time, and sometimes for petty reasons or misunderstandings. I don't think those players should be locked out of things like public dom raffles and guides.
If you are concerned about your privacy you should be careful about what you choose to post on a public forum. The Flight Rising forum is definitely not a public space. In fact, people who aren't even users can see your posts. You shouldn't post anything on here that is too revealing, and that's just common sense. This forum shouldn't be the place to share any sort of personal information.

People get blocked all the time, and sometimes for petty reasons or misunderstandings. I don't think those players should be locked out of things like public dom raffles and guides.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2021-12-26 06:35:39" ] We kinda get it. It'd suck to be unable to see important or useful threads such as guides, bug reports or dom related things because the poster has blocked you. [/quote] Yeah, I was once blocked by a guide maker and it would SUCK if I had to rummage around for another one :( I think it works alright this way.
Lonin wrote on 2021-12-26 06:35:39:
We kinda get it. It'd suck to be unable to see important or useful threads such as guides, bug reports or dom related things because the poster has blocked you.

Yeah, I was once blocked by a guide maker and it would SUCK if I had to rummage around for another one :( I think it works alright this way.
i've blocked a number of people for reasons that, in my opinion, are not completely harmless. sometimes we've interacted directly, other times i've seen a few forum posts of theirs that make me annoyed or uncomfortable so i blocked them. i find fr's current system really weird, i'd much rather have an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of thing where i don't see anything of theirs and they don't see anything of mine. letting a player i have blocked see my posts (even if they can't see my profile and lair) definitely rubs me the wrong way. ugh. that being said, i do understand that the forums are a public space and i've chosen to post stuff here for everyone to see. but still... i don't know, it just makes me uncomfortable
i've blocked a number of people for reasons that, in my opinion, are not completely harmless. sometimes we've interacted directly, other times i've seen a few forum posts of theirs that make me annoyed or uncomfortable so i blocked them. i find fr's current system really weird, i'd much rather have an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of thing where i don't see anything of theirs and they don't see anything of mine. letting a player i have blocked see my posts (even if they can't see my profile and lair) definitely rubs me the wrong way. ugh. that being said, i do understand that the forums are a public space and i've chosen to post stuff here for everyone to see. but still... i don't know, it just makes me uncomfortable
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
i think blocking in general is kinda dumb like if the person's doing something wrong than just report them and if you dont like them ignore them
i think blocking in general is kinda dumb like if the person's doing something wrong than just report them and if you dont like them ignore them
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
I wish I wouldn't be able to see their forum posts from my end. It's annoying to see Blahblahuser is blocked in a thread like what's the point of blocking if I can still see them?
I wish I wouldn't be able to see their forum posts from my end. It's annoying to see Blahblahuser is blocked in a thread like what's the point of blocking if I can still see them?
siggy.png
[quote name="corndog" date="2021-12-26 13:05:10" ] i think blocking in general is kinda dumb like if the person's doing something wrong than just report them and if you dont like them ignore them [/quote] I am ignoring them. By blocking them. Makes it a lot easier
corndog wrote on 2021-12-26 13:05:10:
I am ignoring them. By blocking them. Makes it a lot easier
[quote name="907" date="2021-12-26 13:10:12" ] I wish I wouldn't be able to see their forum posts from my end. It's annoying to see Blahblahuser is blocked in a thread like what's the point of blocking if I can still see them? [/quote] I get what you're saying, but on the other hand, wouldn't you be SO lost if there's a conversation going on and there's posts you can't see and the others are responding but you don't know what they're talking about? I think that would drive me nuts. You need some sort of indication that there's something you can't see.
907 wrote on 2021-12-26 13:10:12:
I get what you're saying, but on the other hand, wouldn't you be SO lost if there's a conversation going on and there's posts you can't see and the others are responding but you don't know what they're talking about? I think that would drive me nuts. You need some sort of indication that there's something you can't see.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote]i think blocking in general is kinda dumb like if the person's doing something wrong than just report them and if you dont like them ignore them[/quote] This is so confusing. Blocking exists [i]so[/i] that we can ignore people? Do you think it's supposed to be insulting or something??
Quote:
This is so confusing. Blocking exists so that we can ignore people? Do you think it's supposed to be insulting or something??
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11