Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | About blocked players?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@scb just saw your input and I felt that. Just want you to know that you're heard and understood and loved, at least I can guarantee that for myself. I have the exact same problem with some people because I have a Wikipedia voice and some people find that threatening when I literally am just there and vibing while having little to no opinions, like, as long as you're ethical, you're good with me. I don't know if you needed to hear it but you and your experiences are valid so keep on rockin' ^u^

Just like Vendrus said, it's extremely important that forums remain accessible because to some people that sort of stuff might become unusable, even for completely harmless reasons like removing AH listings or not wanting to see certain genes.
@scb just saw your input and I felt that. Just want you to know that you're heard and understood and loved, at least I can guarantee that for myself. I have the exact same problem with some people because I have a Wikipedia voice and some people find that threatening when I literally am just there and vibing while having little to no opinions, like, as long as you're ethical, you're good with me. I don't know if you needed to hear it but you and your experiences are valid so keep on rockin' ^u^

Just like Vendrus said, it's extremely important that forums remain accessible because to some people that sort of stuff might become unusable, even for completely harmless reasons like removing AH listings or not wanting to see certain genes.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="@Natron" date="2021-12-26 09:08:41" ] @/scb just saw your input and I felt that. Just want you to know that you're heard and understood and loved, at least I can guarantee that for myself. I have the exact same problem with some people because I have a Wikipedia voice and some people find that threatening when I literally am just there and vibing while having little to no opinions, like, as long as you're ethical, you're good with me. I don't know if you needed to hear it but you and your experiences are valid so keep on rockin' ^u^ Just like Vendrus said, it's extremely important that forums remain accessible because to some people that sort of stuff might become unusable, even for completely harmless reasons like removing AH listings or not wanting to see certain genes. [/quote] I try to do no harm, but what I consider to be friendly, apparently sometimes isn't. I had a faux pas just the other day, where I was accused of goading and I was so confused, because I really meant to offer to take blame for something in hopes it would make them feel better. I ended up deleting my posts, as it would not let me go (a grown adult festering over posts on a dragon forum.. but yeah, that's how I work, it just wont leave me be until resolved and some thing cannot be resolved. The more I explain the worse it gets, so I just try to not do that so much)
@Natron wrote on 2021-12-26 09:08:41:
@/scb just saw your input and I felt that. Just want you to know that you're heard and understood and loved, at least I can guarantee that for myself. I have the exact same problem with some people because I have a Wikipedia voice and some people find that threatening when I literally am just there and vibing while having little to no opinions, like, as long as you're ethical, you're good with me. I don't know if you needed to hear it but you and your experiences are valid so keep on rockin' ^u^

I try to do no harm, but what I consider to be friendly, apparently sometimes isn't. I had a faux pas just the other day, where I was accused of goading and I was so confused, because I really meant to offer to take blame for something in hopes it would make them feel better. I ended up deleting my posts, as it would not let me go (a grown adult festering over posts on a dragon forum.. but yeah, that's how I work, it just wont leave me be until resolved and some thing cannot be resolved. The more I explain the worse it gets, so I just try to not do that so much)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Because if i block you i don't want to see your posts or your dragons or have access to mine but i don't care if you see mine. As others have said, they did implement it for a hot minute, which is how i found out i was blocked by someone. I'm normally part of a curate your own experience crowd, but it did give me pause (We'd never interacted directly, but I'd typed in character for a discussion thread we'd both posted on, which fair) and since it made it clear who exactly had blocked me I can very easily see it leading to harassment by people who can't let things go.

I block people for light color text (which iirc is against the rules anyway) or flashing gifs that cause me trouble, and most of the time it isn't permanent.
Because if i block you i don't want to see your posts or your dragons or have access to mine but i don't care if you see mine. As others have said, they did implement it for a hot minute, which is how i found out i was blocked by someone. I'm normally part of a curate your own experience crowd, but it did give me pause (We'd never interacted directly, but I'd typed in character for a discussion thread we'd both posted on, which fair) and since it made it clear who exactly had blocked me I can very easily see it leading to harassment by people who can't let things go.

I block people for light color text (which iirc is against the rules anyway) or flashing gifs that cause me trouble, and most of the time it isn't permanent.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
@scb that- oh boy... I don't even know what to say, do some people think we have like some elaborate social tactics? lmao. I am so sorry you had to go through that :^( Sometimes we say the most straightforward things in a completely honest fashion and some people will pick those apart and assume we have an agenda. *insert joke how I don't even have a genda*
That just reminded me of how some people think that one is "fishing for compliments" when they've literally been through decades of trauma and the only thing they know to do is to degrade their own looks. Like, I don't know how to explain to some people that I have dysmorphia and the struggles I have even when catching a glimpse of my looks in a reflection are real, but y'all, go on... be dismissive of it. Yes, I definitely have this elaborate plan where I'll get free compliments from strangers that will certainly have some sort of meaningful effect on me and I will totally not doubt them. I can't convince myself of any physical qualities but sure, a stranger's compliment will change my world.

I don't know who needs to hear it but there's literally no subtext here, I'm a very openly-written character.
@scb that- oh boy... I don't even know what to say, do some people think we have like some elaborate social tactics? lmao. I am so sorry you had to go through that :^( Sometimes we say the most straightforward things in a completely honest fashion and some people will pick those apart and assume we have an agenda. *insert joke how I don't even have a genda*
That just reminded me of how some people think that one is "fishing for compliments" when they've literally been through decades of trauma and the only thing they know to do is to degrade their own looks. Like, I don't know how to explain to some people that I have dysmorphia and the struggles I have even when catching a glimpse of my looks in a reflection are real, but y'all, go on... be dismissive of it. Yes, I definitely have this elaborate plan where I'll get free compliments from strangers that will certainly have some sort of meaningful effect on me and I will totally not doubt them. I can't convince myself of any physical qualities but sure, a stranger's compliment will change my world.

I don't know who needs to hear it but there's literally no subtext here, I'm a very openly-written character.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="@Natron" date="2021-12-26 10:12:49" ] @/scb that- oh boy... I don't even know what to say, do some people think we have like some elaborate social tactics? lmao. I am so sorry you had to go through that :^( Sometimes we say the most straightforward things in a completely honest fashion and some people will pick those apart and assume we have an agenda. *insert joke how I don't even have a genda* That just reminded me of how some people think that one is "fishing for compliments" when they've literally been through decades of trauma and the only thing they know to do is to degrade their own looks. Like, I don't know how to explain to some people that I have dysmorphia and the struggles I have even when catching a glimpse of my looks in a reflection are real, but y'all, go on... be dismissive of it. Yes, I definitely have this elaborate plan where I'll get free compliments from strangers that will certainly have some sort of meaningful effect on me and I will totally not doubt them. I can't convince myself of any physical qualities but sure, a stranger's compliment will change my world. I don't know who needs to hear it but there's literally no subtext here, I'm a very openly-written character. [/quote] The best place in the world I have found fairly recently is a group for autistic women and it's been so liberating to talk about these experiences. Turns out there's a ton of shared experiences.. like "Do y'all do this thing?" and two dozen people are like "YES!" and it's like coming home.. (also figured out there that I am probably ADHD as well, hah. Fun times. No wonder I can't write a coherent post to save my life) It boils down to accessibility. I think the current system is the best middle ground, although I would love for the block system to have switches, so people can limit to just sigs (I've had someone blocked for theirs, they've since changed it and I unblocked them. It was a gif of these creepy eyes darting left and right and it gave me the heebie-jeebies) or auctions, or posts etc.
@Natron wrote on 2021-12-26 10:12:49:
@/scb that- oh boy... I don't even know what to say, do some people think we have like some elaborate social tactics? lmao. I am so sorry you had to go through that :^( Sometimes we say the most straightforward things in a completely honest fashion and some people will pick those apart and assume we have an agenda. *insert joke how I don't even have a genda*

The best place in the world I have found fairly recently is a group for autistic women and it's been so liberating to talk about these experiences. Turns out there's a ton of shared experiences.. like "Do y'all do this thing?" and two dozen people are like "YES!" and it's like coming home.. (also figured out there that I am probably ADHD as well, hah. Fun times. No wonder I can't write a coherent post to save my life)

It boils down to accessibility. I think the current system is the best middle ground, although I would love for the block system to have switches, so people can limit to just sigs (I've had someone blocked for theirs, they've since changed it and I unblocked them. It was a gif of these creepy eyes darting left and right and it gave me the heebie-jeebies) or auctions, or posts etc.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
i totally see where you are coming from. I have blocked a few people myself for a multitude of reasons (usually AH related reasons lol) but I'd feel pretty uncomfortable too if most of the people I blocked could see my posts when I want absolutely nothing to do with them. But, I can see why that's not a thing on this site as many others have mentioned in this thread so far.

I know I'm blocked by a few individuals myself, but thankfully it's easy enough for me to move on from it. I'm sure whatever reason they blocked me was important enough to them and I respect that. They dont pay my bills anyways.
i totally see where you are coming from. I have blocked a few people myself for a multitude of reasons (usually AH related reasons lol) but I'd feel pretty uncomfortable too if most of the people I blocked could see my posts when I want absolutely nothing to do with them. But, I can see why that's not a thing on this site as many others have mentioned in this thread so far.

I know I'm blocked by a few individuals myself, but thankfully it's easy enough for me to move on from it. I'm sure whatever reason they blocked me was important enough to them and I respect that. They dont pay my bills anyways.
BuDq0ZK.gif
[quote name="4thSandman" date="2021-12-26 10:44:49" ] I'm actually quite dismayed to learn this. I block a lot of people for privacy reasons, and knowing that they can see my posts and dragons no matter what I do makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. I really hope they fix this. [/quote] They can't click your dragons if you post them in Dragon Share, but they can see them, and they can see your posts. Your clan page and lair would be entirely off limit, as are your auctions to them.
4thSandman wrote on 2021-12-26 10:44:49:
I'm actually quite dismayed to learn this. I block a lot of people for privacy reasons, and knowing that they can see my posts and dragons no matter what I do makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. I really hope they fix this.
They can't click your dragons if you post them in Dragon Share, but they can see them, and they can see your posts. Your clan page and lair would be entirely off limit, as are your auctions to them.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="4thSandman" date="2021-12-26 10:49:48" ] [quote name="SCB" date="2021-12-26 10:46:20" ] [quote name="4thSandman" date="2021-12-26 10:44:49" ] I'm actually quite dismayed to learn this. I block a lot of people for privacy reasons, and knowing that they can see my posts and dragons no matter what I do makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. I really hope they fix this. [/quote] They can't click your dragons if you post them in Dragon Share, but they can see them, and they can see your posts. Your clan page and lair would be entirely off limit, as are your auctions to them. [/quote] Oh, thank God. I still dislike that my posts can be seen, but the rest makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for letting me know. [/quote] Basically what is a public space remains a public space. So if you come out and show a thing, they can see it. But if you keep it in your own space (clan page, lair) they cannot come and look at it.
4thSandman wrote on 2021-12-26 10:49:48:
SCB wrote on 2021-12-26 10:46:20:
I'm actually quite dismayed to learn this. I block a lot of people for privacy reasons, and knowing that they can see my posts and dragons no matter what I do makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. I really hope they fix this.
They can't click your dragons if you post them in Dragon Share, but they can see them, and they can see your posts. Your clan page and lair would be entirely off limit, as are your auctions to them.
Oh, thank God. I still dislike that my posts can be seen, but the rest makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for letting me know.
Basically what is a public space remains a public space. So if you come out and show a thing, they can see it. But if you keep it in your own space (clan page, lair) they cannot come and look at it.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="4thSandman" date="2021-12-26 10:44:49" ] I'm actually quite dismayed to learn this. I block a number of people for privacy reasons, and knowing that they can see my posts and dragons no matter what I do makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. I hope they fix this, or at least implement some sorts of privacy features. [/quote] THIS^^^^ is exactly how I feel!!!!!!!
I'm actually quite dismayed to learn this. I block a number of people for privacy reasons, and knowing that they can see my posts and dragons no matter what I do makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. I hope they fix this, or at least implement some sorts of privacy features.

THIS^^^^ is exactly how I feel!!!!!!!

01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
IMO if there is a player that you think shouldn’t be able to interact with you at all/see your posts - they should be reported. If you’d rather not see someone/have them interacting with you privately or in a direct way publicly, you block them. If they are doing something harmful/rulebreaking to you, you call in the mods so they can deal with it privately and keep yourself and others safe. It also means that blocking isn’t the end-all solution to bullying and the like. It will keep you safe in the meantime, but the mods can’t just tell you to block them and move on; they *will* do something about it if they determine there is a problem.
IMO if there is a player that you think shouldn’t be able to interact with you at all/see your posts - they should be reported. If you’d rather not see someone/have them interacting with you privately or in a direct way publicly, you block them. If they are doing something harmful/rulebreaking to you, you call in the mods so they can deal with it privately and keep yourself and others safe. It also means that blocking isn’t the end-all solution to bullying and the like. It will keep you safe in the meantime, but the mods can’t just tell you to block them and move on; they *will* do something about it if they determine there is a problem.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11