Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Incubating Notifications
1 2
im not sure if anyone has posted something like this, but its an issue for me more often than not

whenever i log on, i tend to forget to incubate eggs in nests. i think it would be handy to have an alert or notification that i can incubate an egg at the beginning of each day, since at least that helps me remember to put it on my daily to-dos

im sure plenty of folks would like to have it be optional but ive had nests go for weeks without incubating because i keep forgetting. since we get notifications about galore and stuff, i think itd be handy to have a lil reminder for egg incubation. ADHD and general mental health issues makes it hard to keep track
im not sure if anyone has posted something like this, but its an issue for me more often than not

whenever i log on, i tend to forget to incubate eggs in nests. i think it would be handy to have an alert or notification that i can incubate an egg at the beginning of each day, since at least that helps me remember to put it on my daily to-dos

im sure plenty of folks would like to have it be optional but ive had nests go for weeks without incubating because i keep forgetting. since we get notifications about galore and stuff, i think itd be handy to have a lil reminder for egg incubation. ADHD and general mental health issues makes it hard to keep track
NOAH | HE/HIM | GAY | INTJ-INTP
MADNESS COMBAT BRAINROT- #1 DEIMOS STAN
AUTISIC/ADHD
Isn't that one of the Waystone reminders?
Isn't that one of the Waystone reminders?
Support. Waystone is useless to me because I'm not going out of my way to check it. There is a big difference between pull (waystone; you have to go to its page) and push (alerts; the notifs come to you on any page) notifications and I want push notifs for nests because I breed so rarely. It should definitely be an option though.
Support. Waystone is useless to me because I'm not going out of my way to check it. There is a big difference between pull (waystone; you have to go to its page) and push (alerts; the notifs come to you on any page) notifications and I want push notifs for nests because I breed so rarely. It should definitely be an option though.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2021-10-25 14:45:57" ] Support. Waystone is useless to me because I'm not going out of my way to check it. There is a big difference between pull (waystone; you have to go to its page) and push (alerts; the notifs come to you on any page) notifications and I want push notifs for nests because I breed so rarely. It should definitely be an option though. [/quote] Ok fair. I don't use the waystone, so I didn't even remember how it worked. If you have to go there to check, it's not any different than having to remember to go to the nest and incubate.
Crowbar wrote on 2021-10-25 14:45:57:

Ok fair. I don't use the waystone, so I didn't even remember how it worked. If you have to go there to check, it's not any different than having to remember to go to the nest and incubate.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2021-10-25 14:45:57" ] Support. Waystone is useless to me because I'm not going out of my way to check it. There is a big difference between pull (waystone; you have to go to its page) and push (alerts; the notifs come to you on any page) notifications and I want push notifs for nests because I breed so rarely. It should definitely be an option though. [/quote] THANK YOU i forgot to mention push notifications since, yes, waystone would be a pull which defeats the purpose of being reminded after forgetting to check
Crowbar wrote on 2021-10-25 14:45:57:
THANK YOU i forgot to mention push notifications since, yes, waystone would be a pull which defeats the purpose of being reminded after forgetting to check
NOAH | HE/HIM | GAY | INTJ-INTP
MADNESS COMBAT BRAINROT- #1 DEIMOS STAN
AUTISIC/ADHD
If it's one of the optional alerts, sure. I get too many notifications as it is and I am for adding it as one, just not one we can't opt into (that being it's mandatory). I don't want another mandatory alert clogging up my notifications every few days, considering how often I breed my dragons.
If it's one of the optional alerts, sure. I get too many notifications as it is and I am for adding it as one, just not one we can't opt into (that being it's mandatory). I don't want another mandatory alert clogging up my notifications every few days, considering how often I breed my dragons.
[quote name="Lykos" date="2021-10-25 16:09:13" ] If it's one of the optional alerts, sure. I get too many notifications as it is and I am for adding it as one, just not one we can't opt into (that being it's mandatory). I don't want another mandatory alert clogging up my notifications every few days, considering how often I breed my dragons. [/quote] Yeah, the way I have my nests set up means I'd be getting an unnecessary notification every single day, so it would be pretty awful for me if it weren't optional.
Lykos wrote on 2021-10-25 16:09:13:

Yeah, the way I have my nests set up means I'd be getting an unnecessary notification every single day, so it would be pretty awful for me if it weren't optional.
[quote name="mothscale" date="2021-10-25 16:15:02" ] [quote name="Lykos" date="2021-10-25 16:09:13" ] If it's one of the optional alerts, sure. I get too many notifications as it is and I am for adding it as one, just not one we can't opt into (that being it's mandatory). I don't want another mandatory alert clogging up my notifications every few days, considering how often I breed my dragons. [/quote] Yeah, the way I have my nests set up means I'd be getting an unnecessary notification every single day, so it would be pretty awful for me if it weren't optional. [/quote] I agree, in addition I feel like it would be better to have this as opt-in (off by default) so that the people who need this feature can turn it on while no one else deals with an extra ping.
mothscale wrote on 2021-10-25 16:15:02:
Lykos wrote on 2021-10-25 16:09:13:

Yeah, the way I have my nests set up means I'd be getting an unnecessary notification every single day, so it would be pretty awful for me if it weren't optional.

I agree, in addition I feel like it would be better to have this as opt-in (off by default) so that the people who need this feature can turn it on while no one else deals with an extra ping.
Support, but make it optional. Maybe a toggle on the nursery page for it?

I got eggs hatching every day cause I just do a new pair every day, so I have hatchings every day which leads to me always incubating when I hatch. But I can see how it would be useful for people who don't do it that way!
Support, but make it optional. Maybe a toggle on the nursery page for it?

I got eggs hatching every day cause I just do a new pair every day, so I have hatchings every day which leads to me always incubating when I hatch. But I can see how it would be useful for people who don't do it that way!
I'm collecting Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds dragons! And (somewhat) breeding the ships!
Why not, so long as you can turn it off (or have it off by default). I got myself into the habit of checking the waystone so it'd be unnecessary-to-annoying for me, but doesn't mean other people wouldn't appreciate it.
Why not, so long as you can turn it off (or have it off by default). I got myself into the habit of checking the waystone so it'd be unnecessary-to-annoying for me, but doesn't mean other people wouldn't appreciate it.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2