Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Ultimate" Fiona Achievements
1 2
Forgive me if this isn't well-put but...

You know how we have whole sets of familiars? Sprites, ambassadors, the seasonal sphynxs, familiars that are clearly related but aren't clearly "matched pairs" like most?

What if Fiona had a larger achievement that gave a unique familiar as the final reward?

Example: the Zodiac familiars, 11 from festivals and 1 from Jox. Bond with ALL the Zodiac and receive an Ophiuchus familiar (snake doctor? snake doctor)
Forgive me if this isn't well-put but...

You know how we have whole sets of familiars? Sprites, ambassadors, the seasonal sphynxs, familiars that are clearly related but aren't clearly "matched pairs" like most?

What if Fiona had a larger achievement that gave a unique familiar as the final reward?

Example: the Zodiac familiars, 11 from festivals and 1 from Jox. Bond with ALL the Zodiac and receive an Ophiuchus familiar (snake doctor? snake doctor)
oooh good idea
oooh good idea
66.png
I would adore this for an Ophiuchus familiar. Please staff?
I would adore this for an Ophiuchus familiar. Please staff?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Aha, yeah. Ophiuchus is probably the easiest of these sorts of things to conceptualize, I think. There's not an Eastern Zodiac, but if there was, a cat could be added similarly.

For the seasonal sphinxes, maybe an Equinox or Solstice Sphinx? Something that marks a transitional point in the year. Or a Leap Day Sphinx, something funny and cute.

This current set of deity statues? Maybe a little statue of Fiona herself, made from something like Selenite or Soapstone. Both are very commonly used for craft carving, and they aren't nearly as expensive as the semi-precious/precious stones used for the deities. Soapstone especially comes in a bunch of colors, so it would be a bit believable as an item, too.
Aha, yeah. Ophiuchus is probably the easiest of these sorts of things to conceptualize, I think. There's not an Eastern Zodiac, but if there was, a cat could be added similarly.

For the seasonal sphinxes, maybe an Equinox or Solstice Sphinx? Something that marks a transitional point in the year. Or a Leap Day Sphinx, something funny and cute.

This current set of deity statues? Maybe a little statue of Fiona herself, made from something like Selenite or Soapstone. Both are very commonly used for craft carving, and they aren't nearly as expensive as the semi-precious/precious stones used for the deities. Soapstone especially comes in a bunch of colors, so it would be a bit believable as an item, too.
[quote name="Azuraa" date="2021-10-24 21:03:55" ] This current set of deity statues? Maybe a little statue of Fiona herself, made from something like Selenite or Soapstone. Both are very commonly used for craft carving, and they aren't nearly as expensive as the semi-precious/precious stones used for the deities. Soapstone especially comes in a bunch of colors, so it would be a bit believable as an item, too. [/quote] Consider instead: A Baldwin statue, because he canonically has made one of the breeds on-site and thus I think it'd not only be really funny but probably considered kinda rude by the Gods to honor him in a similar way to themselves which is also funny. Anyway support! I think this is just fun.
Azuraa wrote on 2021-10-24 21:03:55:

Consider instead: A Baldwin statue, because he canonically has made one of the breeds on-site and thus I think it'd not only be really funny but probably considered kinda rude by the Gods to honor him in a similar way to themselves which is also funny.

Anyway support! I think this is just fun.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Support! This is a pretty cool idea, plus I'd love to see how creative the artists could get with this idea! All their other Fiona designs have been so cool and creative! :3
Support! This is a pretty cool idea, plus I'd love to see how creative the artists could get with this idea! All their other Fiona designs have been so cool and creative! :3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
This sounds like a lovely idea!
Would love to see a neutral sprite...
This sounds like a lovely idea!
Would love to see a neutral sprite...
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-10-24 22:24:14" ] Consider instead: A Baldwin statue, because he canonically has made one of the breeds on-site and thus I think it'd not only be really funny but probably considered kinda rude by the Gods to honor him in a similar way to themselves which is also funny. Anyway support! I think this is just fun. [/quote] I like this, too! Bogsneak artisans make it because... Bogsneaks have a weird, innate love of Science Grandpa.
Recallback wrote on 2021-10-24 22:24:14:
Consider instead: A Baldwin statue, because he canonically has made one of the breeds on-site and thus I think it'd not only be really funny but probably considered kinda rude by the Gods to honor him in a similar way to themselves which is also funny.

Anyway support! I think this is just fun.

I like this, too! Bogsneak artisans make it because... Bogsneaks have a weird, innate love of Science Grandpa.
oh yeah that'd be pretty fun!
sets of festival familiars that have recolors (sprites, bears, ambassadors; gem guardians are in progress) could also have 2 color variations, 1 from the original set and 1 from the recolor set
oh yeah that'd be pretty fun!
sets of festival familiars that have recolors (sprites, bears, ambassadors; gem guardians are in progress) could also have 2 color variations, 1 from the original set and 1 from the recolor set
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
I can literally never say no to more content, especially not from Fiona. I would love to see things expanded to bigger completed sets and whatnot. It's a wonderful idea
I can literally never say no to more content, especially not from Fiona. I would love to see things expanded to bigger completed sets and whatnot. It's a wonderful idea
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2