Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Have Galore give out tinctures
1 2 3
No support. No one needed to change their dragons for the addition of ten enemies. If it had been a coli overhaul maybe, but it wasn’t even remotely that. If you want to min-max then it comes with cost, that’s how every game works.
No support. No one needed to change their dragons for the addition of ten enemies. If it had been a coli overhaul maybe, but it wasn’t even remotely that. If you want to min-max then it comes with cost, that’s how every game works.
sBdLZtA.png
No support.

This was a welcome change (120str is much more reasonable than the previously required 123str), but tinctures are a small expense especially if you have already been spending a lot of time in the Mire, most people have the funds for one either from hoardselling drops or exalt fodder. Tinctures were given out for the Coliseum rehaul, not a venue refresh - they’re pretty different situations. The idea is nice, but not necessary, in my personal opinion.
No support.

This was a welcome change (120str is much more reasonable than the previously required 123str), but tinctures are a small expense especially if you have already been spending a lot of time in the Mire, most people have the funds for one either from hoardselling drops or exalt fodder. Tinctures were given out for the Coliseum rehaul, not a venue refresh - they’re pretty different situations. The idea is nice, but not necessary, in my personal opinion.
UwPE0Qp.png
[quote name="ColorfulLava" date="2021-10-24 10:29:41" ] We had no reason to think the devs would actually update the stats, though. There was no way to know it was a mistake, and enemies with higher hp, like the mammophants, had been added before. We shouldn't be expected to second-guess every Coli update wondering if there's going to be a change before we tincture, especially since there's no way of knowing if it will be changed and if so, how long it will take. Edit: also, I'd argue that affordability depends on your perspective. If you're 2kg rich, sure. But not everyone has that kind of treasure, and I'm pretty sure Galore gave out tinctures before, in another Coli update, so there is the precedent. [/quote] I came here to say this. I mean 30kt is pretty OK, but two tinctures equals 60kt and that's if you were lucky enough to grab one at 30kt and they didn't shoot way up on the AH with everyone buying it. "Waiting a day or two to see if staff changed it", I'll just remind everyone it took three years for staff to deal with the eye thing so I'm not exactly the most optimistic about "waiting a day or two to see if staff will fix it". I had a feeling that new Mire enemies were gonna nerf the old builds so I held onto a tincture when I saw awhile back the Mire would be the next venue updated, and I'm glad I did, and probably the last remaining venues that haven't been updated yet where you can level fodder (Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, Ghostlight) are also going to nerf builds based on precedent BUT people should neither be expected to anticipate such changes or expect that a vocal dissent when changes like that are made will sway the staff within a matter of days (rather than years if at all). So, I support Galore giving out a free tincture. His gift expires within a week anyway so it's not like him giving out one isn't going to break the economy.
ColorfulLava wrote on 2021-10-24 10:29:41:
We had no reason to think the devs would actually update the stats, though. There was no way to know it was a mistake, and enemies with higher hp, like the mammophants, had been added before. We shouldn't be expected to second-guess every Coli update wondering if there's going to be a change before we tincture, especially since there's no way of knowing if it will be changed and if so, how long it will take.

Edit: also, I'd argue that affordability depends on your perspective. If you're 2kg rich, sure. But not everyone has that kind of treasure, and I'm pretty sure Galore gave out tinctures before, in another Coli update, so there is the precedent.

I came here to say this. I mean 30kt is pretty OK, but two tinctures equals 60kt and that's if you were lucky enough to grab one at 30kt and they didn't shoot way up on the AH with everyone buying it. "Waiting a day or two to see if staff changed it", I'll just remind everyone it took three years for staff to deal with the eye thing so I'm not exactly the most optimistic about "waiting a day or two to see if staff will fix it". I had a feeling that new Mire enemies were gonna nerf the old builds so I held onto a tincture when I saw awhile back the Mire would be the next venue updated, and I'm glad I did, and probably the last remaining venues that haven't been updated yet where you can level fodder (Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, Ghostlight) are also going to nerf builds based on precedent BUT people should neither be expected to anticipate such changes or expect that a vocal dissent when changes like that are made will sway the staff within a matter of days (rather than years if at all).

So, I support Galore giving out a free tincture. His gift expires within a week anyway so it's not like him giving out one isn't going to break the economy.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Also there is precedent for Galore to give out coli stuff besides a coli overhaul - didn't we get health potions with turkeys and other food items around last Thanksgiving? A tincture would be a nice gesture for not!Thanksgiving.
Also there is precedent for Galore to give out coli stuff besides a coli overhaul - didn't we get health potions with turkeys and other food items around last Thanksgiving? A tincture would be a nice gesture for not!Thanksgiving.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2021-10-24 17:06:09" ] [quote name="ColorfulLava" date="2021-10-24 10:29:41" ] We had no reason to think the devs would actually update the stats, though. There was no way to know it was a mistake, and enemies with higher hp, like the mammophants, had been added before. We shouldn't be expected to second-guess every Coli update wondering if there's going to be a change before we tincture, especially since there's no way of knowing if it will be changed and if so, how long it will take. Edit: also, I'd argue that affordability depends on your perspective. If you're 2kg rich, sure. But not everyone has that kind of treasure, and I'm pretty sure Galore gave out tinctures before, in another Coli update, so there is the precedent. [/quote] I came here to say this. I mean 30kt is pretty OK, but two tinctures equals 60kt and that's if you were lucky enough to grab one at 30kt and they didn't shoot way up on the AH with everyone buying it. "Waiting a day or two to see if staff changed it", I'll just remind everyone it took three years for staff to deal with the eye thing so I'm not exactly the most optimistic about "waiting a day or two to see if staff will fix it". I had a feeling that new Mire enemies were gonna nerf the old builds so I held onto a tincture when I saw awhile back the Mire would be the next venue updated, and I'm glad I did, and probably the last remaining venues that haven't been updated yet where you can level fodder (Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, Ghostlight) are also going to nerf builds based on precedent BUT people should neither be expected to anticipate such changes or expect that a vocal dissent when changes like that are made will sway the staff within a matter of days (rather than years if at all). So, I support Galore giving out a free tincture. His gift expires within a week anyway so it's not like him giving out one isn't going to break the economy. [/quote] I agree with this, but also that people also shouldn't expect to be given free stuff because they spent money for a change that was later then reverted (or changed again) Just like I didn't support 'compensation' being given out for the scattervials, which as you said took 3 years to change, I also don't support it being given out here. People spending money on tinctures is good for the economy, because it means money has left the site, either through buying from the MP or from the tax on buying through the AH (treasure only). There is no need to 'negate' that by giving out free tinctures, nor set up that expectation that everytime something like this happens, the site will give 'free stuff to compensate' I have no issue with 'free stuff' being given out just because, I am more against the idea that there is anything to 'compensate' for because FR made a change, then changed their minds about that change.
JonSnOwO wrote on 2021-10-24 17:06:09:
ColorfulLava wrote on 2021-10-24 10:29:41:
We had no reason to think the devs would actually update the stats, though. There was no way to know it was a mistake, and enemies with higher hp, like the mammophants, had been added before. We shouldn't be expected to second-guess every Coli update wondering if there's going to be a change before we tincture, especially since there's no way of knowing if it will be changed and if so, how long it will take.

Edit: also, I'd argue that affordability depends on your perspective. If you're 2kg rich, sure. But not everyone has that kind of treasure, and I'm pretty sure Galore gave out tinctures before, in another Coli update, so there is the precedent.

I came here to say this. I mean 30kt is pretty OK, but two tinctures equals 60kt and that's if you were lucky enough to grab one at 30kt and they didn't shoot way up on the AH with everyone buying it. "Waiting a day or two to see if staff changed it", I'll just remind everyone it took three years for staff to deal with the eye thing so I'm not exactly the most optimistic about "waiting a day or two to see if staff will fix it". I had a feeling that new Mire enemies were gonna nerf the old builds so I held onto a tincture when I saw awhile back the Mire would be the next venue updated, and I'm glad I did, and probably the last remaining venues that haven't been updated yet where you can level fodder (Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, Ghostlight) are also going to nerf builds based on precedent BUT people should neither be expected to anticipate such changes or expect that a vocal dissent when changes like that are made will sway the staff within a matter of days (rather than years if at all).

So, I support Galore giving out a free tincture. His gift expires within a week anyway so it's not like him giving out one isn't going to break the economy.
I agree with this, but also that people also shouldn't expect to be given free stuff because they spent money for a change that was later then reverted (or changed again)

Just like I didn't support 'compensation' being given out for the scattervials, which as you said took 3 years to change, I also don't support it being given out here. People spending money on tinctures is good for the economy, because it means money has left the site, either through buying from the MP or from the tax on buying through the AH (treasure only).

There is no need to 'negate' that by giving out free tinctures, nor set up that expectation that everytime something like this happens, the site will give 'free stuff to compensate'

I have no issue with 'free stuff' being given out just because, I am more against the idea that there is anything to 'compensate' for because FR made a change, then changed their minds about that change.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. Tinctures are pretty cheap and easy to obtain. I'd rather Galore give rare stuff or items worth getting from them. Also not everyone uses the same Coli build and you didn't have to change your stats, that was your choice.
No support. Tinctures are pretty cheap and easy to obtain. I'd rather Galore give rare stuff or items worth getting from them. Also not everyone uses the same Coli build and you didn't have to change your stats, that was your choice.
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
No support. The entire reason the second change happened was because people complained. So the response is to complain that you got what you wanted.

Tinctures were not given out with other venue updates. They should not be given out with this one. And the reasoning given is that you yourself changed your dragon's stats and regret that. That is entirely your fault. Staff did not change your dragon. Staff should not have to give you money for what you did.
No support. The entire reason the second change happened was because people complained. So the response is to complain that you got what you wanted.

Tinctures were not given out with other venue updates. They should not be given out with this one. And the reasoning given is that you yourself changed your dragon's stats and regret that. That is entirely your fault. Staff did not change your dragon. Staff should not have to give you money for what you did.
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-10-24 10:57:18" ]But, ultimately, min-maxing dragons, and thus the need for tincturing when things like this happen, is a player decided thing, and not something I feel the staff needs to give out tinctures for.[/quote] No support for this reason.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-10-24 10:57:18:
But, ultimately, min-maxing dragons, and thus the need for tincturing when things like this happen, is a player decided thing, and not something I feel the staff needs to give out tinctures for.

No support for this reason.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
I support. Not necessarily immediately. Just whenever they get around to getting us another care package style gift. We’ve had those in the past. At completely random times, we’ll get a iron chest and a packets of food items that turn out to be hibden or brewable items or things like that. It wouldn’t be that unusual to see a tincture included. It’s an extremely useful item.

I agree with @/JonSnOwO’s post. I don’t think 30kt is an unreasonable price for an update but for people who are going to be spending 60kt is a bit steep when the only reason they are spending extra money is staff error and bad communication.

Lastly, I want to express frustration that the supposed ‘lesson’ of this and all previous similar instances is to, just not enjoy new things. New update? Cool, don’t do anything with it until at least week because the staff might change it. Or apparently magically acquire divine knowledge/gut feelings about when staff is going to change things.
I support. Not necessarily immediately. Just whenever they get around to getting us another care package style gift. We’ve had those in the past. At completely random times, we’ll get a iron chest and a packets of food items that turn out to be hibden or brewable items or things like that. It wouldn’t be that unusual to see a tincture included. It’s an extremely useful item.

I agree with @/JonSnOwO’s post. I don’t think 30kt is an unreasonable price for an update but for people who are going to be spending 60kt is a bit steep when the only reason they are spending extra money is staff error and bad communication.

Lastly, I want to express frustration that the supposed ‘lesson’ of this and all previous similar instances is to, just not enjoy new things. New update? Cool, don’t do anything with it until at least week because the staff might change it. Or apparently magically acquire divine knowledge/gut feelings about when staff is going to change things.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
I would have loved this, but this is coming from someone who just had to track down and acquire 200 tinctures to make sure everyone in the flight before the battle had enough to change builds quickly so we could prelevel for IvS (and then a second time around when we had to do it again.)

It's not like. Necessary but it would have saved me 6kg haha

30kt is fine but boy does it add up fast when you're sponsoring an entire flight's worth of build changes not once but twice. (And all that money that we put into tinctures could have gone to a nice raffle prize or something.)

At this point it's too late, what's done is done, but it would be nice if we ever get another training venue change like this.
I would have loved this, but this is coming from someone who just had to track down and acquire 200 tinctures to make sure everyone in the flight before the battle had enough to change builds quickly so we could prelevel for IvS (and then a second time around when we had to do it again.)

It's not like. Necessary but it would have saved me 6kg haha

30kt is fine but boy does it add up fast when you're sponsoring an entire flight's worth of build changes not once but twice. (And all that money that we put into tinctures could have gone to a nice raffle prize or something.)

At this point it's too late, what's done is done, but it would be nice if we ever get another training venue change like this.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
1 2 3