Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nerf health of new toughest Mire enemies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The mire venue before the update has been the go-to venue for levelling up dragons for the purposes of creating new trainers and exalting dragons for dominance, and has been for years. Coliseum trainer builds for this mire have been optimized down to the stat based on the set of enemies from before the update. Most solo mire builds have a STR stat of either 117 or 119 exactly by using a rally and then an eliminate to one-shot all non-boss enemies. This stat was balanced around the Mossy Cerdaes and the Brilliant Psywurm, the toughest non-bosses in the venue.

The same strategy now requires 120str to one-shot Furry Fiddles and Muckbottom Catfishes, and 123str to one shot Fungal Gardens and Armored Colonies.

My suggestion is to lower the VIT and DEF stats of the four enemies stated to levels equal to or lower than those of the Mossy Cerdae and Brilliant Psywurm so that the existing mire builds can still function as designed and that players won't be buying hundreds of Tinctures of Dissolution in the near future.
The mire venue before the update has been the go-to venue for levelling up dragons for the purposes of creating new trainers and exalting dragons for dominance, and has been for years. Coliseum trainer builds for this mire have been optimized down to the stat based on the set of enemies from before the update. Most solo mire builds have a STR stat of either 117 or 119 exactly by using a rally and then an eliminate to one-shot all non-boss enemies. This stat was balanced around the Mossy Cerdaes and the Brilliant Psywurm, the toughest non-bosses in the venue.

The same strategy now requires 120str to one-shot Furry Fiddles and Muckbottom Catfishes, and 123str to one shot Fungal Gardens and Armored Colonies.

My suggestion is to lower the VIT and DEF stats of the four enemies stated to levels equal to or lower than those of the Mossy Cerdae and Brilliant Psywurm so that the existing mire builds can still function as designed and that players won't be buying hundreds of Tinctures of Dissolution in the near future.
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
Fully support. Make them hit harder, or something else, but the vit/def is just too high. I wouldn't even mind leaving the fish requiring 120, but 123str is SUCH a huge jump from where everyone's mire builds are at right now (117 and 119str) that it just feels bad even trying to make it work.
Fully support. Make them hit harder, or something else, but the vit/def is just too high. I wouldn't even mind leaving the fish requiring 120, but 123str is SUCH a huge jump from where everyone's mire builds are at right now (117 and 119str) that it just feels bad even trying to make it work.
Massive support. Mire is about the only way I make do on this site and meditate builds specifically helped my brain get past the pretty painful grind. I'm not sure why such a massive jump in health was needed for literally 2 enemies, 119 to 123 needed strength is just. Bizarre.
Massive support. Mire is about the only way I make do on this site and meditate builds specifically helped my brain get past the pretty painful grind. I'm not sure why such a massive jump in health was needed for literally 2 enemies, 119 to 123 needed strength is just. Bizarre.
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
full support. mire flyer and all the other mire builds are essentially the most popular right now, and changing the stats from the update is really hurting this. the 123 str updated build is just a large difference from what the other builds were before.
full support. mire flyer and all the other mire builds are essentially the most popular right now, and changing the stats from the update is really hurting this. the 123 str updated build is just a large difference from what the other builds were before.
aspen | they/them
mostly inactive,
check bio for socials
-
pixel dragon drawn by glusniffr
Hollow2.png
Support

There's no reason for those new enemies to be so far off from the existing ones in the mire. Especially not when it's your only level 24 venue in the game. Keep it balanced for the sake of people like me who used our mire builds as our primary on-site income.

I'm not even that mad about the fish but the armadillos??? That's an absurdly high jump for no apparent reason.
Support

There's no reason for those new enemies to be so far off from the existing ones in the mire. Especially not when it's your only level 24 venue in the game. Keep it balanced for the sake of people like me who used our mire builds as our primary on-site income.

I'm not even that mad about the fish but the armadillos??? That's an absurdly high jump for no apparent reason.
vDH0pGc.png
I will throw in my support. You can also consider this will discourage people from exalting which will lead to more overpopulation of dragons. 119 and 123 is a huge difference too. It's a huge vital part of the site for us to exalt. I do love money as well, but something else for the staff to consider as a point.
I will throw in my support. You can also consider this will discourage people from exalting which will lead to more overpopulation of dragons. 119 and 123 is a huge difference too. It's a huge vital part of the site for us to exalt. I do love money as well, but something else for the staff to consider as a point.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Endless massive support. I'd also like to note that having the old flyer build (which could level quickly and with minimal refreshes, thus reducing the number of total button presses needed) was pretty much the only thing that allowed me to regularly level a handful of fodder without my wrist pain acting up. The current changes seem like it'll mean either more button presses (adding the need to scratch changes a 12 button press battle into an 18 button battle), or more restarts due to sacrificing speed and health to get enough strength (which means a lot more button presses to build breath each time).

If they're going to do this, they should at least pair it with something to reduce some of the physically repetitive button presses, like the option to have the Abilities menu open already at the start of each turn.

Striking this on the tentative condition that it looks like there might be some comparable builds. That said, I still think it was pointless to make this change. If there are equally comparable builds, all it does is needlessly cause hassle as people change their stats to the new meta. If there aren't comparable builds, then the coli becomes an objectively worse experience. The coli isn't anything actually difficult or complex enough to where changing the meta up results in fresh new gameplay. I fail to see how doing this sort of thing can be anything but a net negative that eliminates build variety and frustrates players.
Endless massive support. I'd also like to note that having the old flyer build (which could level quickly and with minimal refreshes, thus reducing the number of total button presses needed) was pretty much the only thing that allowed me to regularly level a handful of fodder without my wrist pain acting up. The current changes seem like it'll mean either more button presses (adding the need to scratch changes a 12 button press battle into an 18 button battle), or more restarts due to sacrificing speed and health to get enough strength (which means a lot more button presses to build breath each time).

If they're going to do this, they should at least pair it with something to reduce some of the physically repetitive button presses, like the option to have the Abilities menu open already at the start of each turn.

Striking this on the tentative condition that it looks like there might be some comparable builds. That said, I still think it was pointless to make this change. If there are equally comparable builds, all it does is needlessly cause hassle as people change their stats to the new meta. If there aren't comparable builds, then the coli becomes an objectively worse experience. The coli isn't anything actually difficult or complex enough to where changing the meta up results in fresh new gameplay. I fail to see how doing this sort of thing can be anything but a net negative that eliminates build variety and frustrates players.
Wua5ROf.png
Supporting for reasons already stated above.
Supporting for reasons already stated above.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
Unpopular opinion, but no support. The staff and the coliseum are not required to stay stagnant around a build you want to remain perfect, and new challenges and metas should be added to the coliseum. Personally, I want it to be shaken up even more, but I'll take this as a start.
Unpopular opinion, but no support. The staff and the coliseum are not required to stay stagnant around a build you want to remain perfect, and new challenges and metas should be added to the coliseum. Personally, I want it to be shaken up even more, but I'll take this as a start.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Support!
I wouldn't mind it too much if it was only the fish, but having to add 4 stat points for a single enemy is just a headache for absolutely no reason. Especially since they added more scratch enemies to the mire in the update, which already makes it slightly harder than before. I'm really disappointed it got broken, and it really soured the update for me and I believe many other players. It's definitely not helping that it's two days before RoR.

edited for grammar errors
Support!
I wouldn't mind it too much if it was only the fish, but having to add 4 stat points for a single enemy is just a headache for absolutely no reason. Especially since they added more scratch enemies to the mire in the update, which already makes it slightly harder than before. I'm really disappointed it got broken, and it really soured the update for me and I believe many other players. It's definitely not helping that it's two days before RoR.

edited for grammar errors
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9