Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to turn off friend requests
1 2 3
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-10-21 09:55:23" ] All forms of communication on site really need the option to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, and Flight Only. Support. [/quote] This!! I 100% support all of this.
gemajgall wrote on 2021-10-21 09:55:23:
All forms of communication on site really need the option to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, and Flight Only. Support.

This!! I 100% support all of this.
PiAyg8i.png

A small flight banner, halve being fire and halve being wind.

Silver_Square.png
^ Fandragon ^
It amazes me this isn’t an option already! Total support
It amazes me this isn’t an option already! Total support
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
oh, support! I can't think of a single reason anybody wouldn't want this, so yes :)
oh, support! I can't think of a single reason anybody wouldn't want this, so yes :)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I would very much enjoy this feature! As said earlier, I don't like random friend requests yet feel like a jerk for declining them. It would save me a lot of stress and heartache to just have it turned off.
I would very much enjoy this feature! As said earlier, I don't like random friend requests yet feel like a jerk for declining them. It would save me a lot of stress and heartache to just have it turned off.
xx Ilios; + she/her.
FR +2. minimalist.

> about me
> wishlist
> art shop
x LihMChV.png
[color=indigo] Makes sense to me, since a lot of people seem to get anxious from friend requests and this would be an easy way to make them feel more comfortable. In general I support suggestions that control who can interact with a player. Plus it would prevent me from fatfingering the friend button on someone who doesn't want friend requests while scrolling the forums on mobile [emoji=nocturne sad size=2]
Makes sense to me, since a lot of people seem to get anxious from friend requests and this would be an easy way to make them feel more comfortable. In general I support suggestions that control who can interact with a player. Plus it would prevent me from fatfingering the friend button on someone who doesn't want friend requests while scrolling the forums on mobile
jCVhFoZ.gif
Honestly, this is fantastic. I'm genuinely surprised this isn't already a thing. I mean, while Flight Rising isn't really a social media profile, sometimes it can feel like one and some websites give you the ability to turn off messages or friend requests. We should have more freedom over this; support.
Honestly, this is fantastic. I'm genuinely surprised this isn't already a thing. I mean, while Flight Rising isn't really a social media profile, sometimes it can feel like one and some websites give you the ability to turn off messages or friend requests. We should have more freedom over this; support.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
In light of the new developer update, I'd like to bring this idea back as there are times I would prefer to not have friends requests appear. I assume mass friending sprees are probably going to be a thing again and I'd rather not.

(even if the ability to not be friended means I can't friend others that is ok)
In light of the new developer update, I'd like to bring this idea back as there are times I would prefer to not have friends requests appear. I assume mass friending sprees are probably going to be a thing again and I'd rather not.

[quote name="jbapple" date="2021-11-16 11:25:33" ] In light of the new developer update, I'd like to bring this idea back as there are times I would prefer to not have friends requests appear. I assume mass friending sprees are probably going to be a thing again and I'd rather not. (even if the ability to not be friended means I can't friend others that is ok) [/quote] I agree here, there's probably going to be a lot of spam friend requests. - also likely the people doing this will ignore any sort of profile message as they will likely go to the button first.
jbapple wrote on 2021-11-16 11:25:33:

I agree here, there's probably going to be a lot of spam friend requests.
- also likely the people doing this will ignore any sort of profile message as they will likely go to the button first.
I still support this. Considering people have accidentally sent friend requests while scrolling on mobile or trying to hit another, nearby button on forums. And considering there's no way to "un-send" an accidental friend request. Still support.
I still support this. Considering people have accidentally sent friend requests while scrolling on mobile or trying to hit another, nearby button on forums. And considering there's no way to "un-send" an accidental friend request. Still support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I've said it 4 years ago and I'll continue to say it: FR CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME BASIC PRIVACY SETTING? Like literally any other site does?
Especially with the new feature I expect friend requests to explode and I really don't want that.
On that note can we please block profile comments too? Please, I am begging you
I've said it 4 years ago and I'll continue to say it: FR CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME BASIC PRIVACY SETTING? Like literally any other site does?
Especially with the new feature I expect friend requests to explode and I really don't want that.
On that note can we please block profile comments too? Please, I am begging you
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
1 2 3