Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to turn off friend requests
1 2 3
PLEASE.

Friend requests stress me out, I don’t want some random people in my friend list, and declining them makes me feel like a horrible person.

When someone sent me a friend request after talking to them for a bit, I made a post about how I feel when I get sent a friend request. Generally, I feel like I can talk to someone without sending them a friend request, and most people understand that.

However, when I made the post, I got many friend requests from people trying to upset me, troll, or harass.

I once got a friend request, I could kind of tell that that person didn’t mean to upset me, so I sent them a PM asking why. They explained, and everything was ok after that.

But, I would really like a feature where you could prevent people from sending you friend requests, the button could be greyed out, and if you click on it, it would say something like “This person have friend requests disabled” or something.
PLEASE.

Friend requests stress me out, I don’t want some random people in my friend list, and declining them makes me feel like a horrible person.

When someone sent me a friend request after talking to them for a bit, I made a post about how I feel when I get sent a friend request. Generally, I feel like I can talk to someone without sending them a friend request, and most people understand that.

However, when I made the post, I got many friend requests from people trying to upset me, troll, or harass.

I once got a friend request, I could kind of tell that that person didn’t mean to upset me, so I sent them a PM asking why. They explained, and everything was ok after that.

But, I would really like a feature where you could prevent people from sending you friend requests, the button could be greyed out, and if you click on it, it would say something like “This person have friend requests disabled” or something.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Support.

It's such a basic thing that has no reason not to be added.
Support.

It's such a basic thing that has no reason not to be added.
KdSMN2F.png
All forms of communication on site really need the option to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, and Flight Only. Support.
All forms of communication on site really need the option to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, and Flight Only. Support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
massive support. it would save a lot of users a lot of stress. and like gemajgall said, i really think this option should be applied to all social aspects of the site .
massive support. it would save a lot of users a lot of stress. and like gemajgall said, i really think this option should be applied to all social aspects of the site .
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
people have been asking for this for ages, support
people have been asking for this for ages, support
Please. This is basic, standard functionality.
Please. This is basic, standard functionality.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
yeah, why not?

if they were to click on the button it should just tell them it's disabled for the user.
yeah, why not?

if they were to click on the button it should just tell them it's disabled for the user.
yzUX307.png
Big support.
Big support.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
I don't really get what the friends option does tbqh? It seems to only be a list that shows up on your page, so I'm not fussed about it and usually ignore it. but! it's clearly a big deal to a lot of people, and having such a simple fix for it that would make play better for so many people sounds like a no-brainer yes
I don't really get what the friends option does tbqh? It seems to only be a list that shows up on your page, so I'm not fussed about it and usually ignore it. but! it's clearly a big deal to a lot of people, and having such a simple fix for it that would make play better for so many people sounds like a no-brainer yes
I don't see a reason to not have this type of quality of life addition, support for anything that could help the user tailor their experience to what they're comfortable with.
I don't see a reason to not have this type of quality of life addition, support for anything that could help the user tailor their experience to what they're comfortable with.
WEtoEVH.png
1 2 3