Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camp/captcha accessibility update
1 2 3 4
Big support. My vision is perfectly fine and I play zoomed in, with the captcha zoomed in. I still have trouble figuring it out half the time. The fact that most of the time it seems like the dragon is specifically chosen to match the background color doesn't help at all.

Most of the time I actually have to figure out the captchas in reverse, trying to find which things aren't dragons. Most of the time nothing I can see is the dragon, and I have to track down the dragon camouflaged in a shadow somewhere.

Captchas aren't supposed to keep out humans :/
Big support. My vision is perfectly fine and I play zoomed in, with the captcha zoomed in. I still have trouble figuring it out half the time. The fact that most of the time it seems like the dragon is specifically chosen to match the background color doesn't help at all.

Most of the time I actually have to figure out the captchas in reverse, trying to find which things aren't dragons. Most of the time nothing I can see is the dragon, and I have to track down the dragon camouflaged in a shadow somewhere.

AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[quote name="SpookyPuptarts" date="2021-10-20 19:13:38" ] Captchas aren't supposed to keep out humans :/ [/quote] [b]THIS. 100% THIS. [/b]
SpookyPuptarts wrote on 2021-10-20 19:13:38:

THIS. 100% THIS.
FObX7rS.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.pngA6Pqy3l.png
Yes yes and yes! I think [quote]Captchas aren't supposed to keep out humans :/[/quote] might be my favourite thing I've read so far :D I should also mention that a lot of the time, the items chosen to throw you off are familiars/food that... kinda look like dragons too ????
Yes yes and yes!

I think
Quote:
might be my favourite thing I've read so far :D

I should also mention that a lot of the time, the items chosen to throw you off are familiars/food that... kinda look like dragons too ????
pWKMmOX.gifBcnmqQk.gifk5FxSvA.gifzKcvJhj.gifUDDxZlL.gif
10,000% Support!!

And might I add.. As someone with 20/20 sight and color theory trained level vision... I know, with absolute certainty, I /have/ on very rare occasion clicked the dragon and it will count it as false anyways.. which just confused me even more! I introduced someone to this site who doens't have the best vision and that stupid captcha is literally /THE/ reason they flat out can't use coli without me /actively/ within reach of them for them to ask me which to pick - because on /top/ of how hard it is, if you get it wrong enough /you are locked out of Coli/!!

I feel like they need options to fix this, both in things said here.. possibly /some/ bug issues, and in perhaps just... allowing the captcha to not /flat out lock you out of being able to play the coli at all/....

(Edit - I understand the lock out is to keep out bots as is the design for it existing, but watching my friend who doens't have good eyesight try and try and try as to not bother me mid-game and then /visibly/ get upset with themselves when they get locked out is just...really painful to have to witness...)
10,000% Support!!

And might I add.. As someone with 20/20 sight and color theory trained level vision... I know, with absolute certainty, I /have/ on very rare occasion clicked the dragon and it will count it as false anyways.. which just confused me even more! I introduced someone to this site who doens't have the best vision and that stupid captcha is literally /THE/ reason they flat out can't use coli without me /actively/ within reach of them for them to ask me which to pick - because on /top/ of how hard it is, if you get it wrong enough /you are locked out of Coli/!!

I feel like they need options to fix this, both in things said here.. possibly /some/ bug issues, and in perhaps just... allowing the captcha to not /flat out lock you out of being able to play the coli at all/....

(Edit - I understand the lock out is to keep out bots as is the design for it existing, but watching my friend who doens't have good eyesight try and try and try as to not bother me mid-game and then /visibly/ get upset with themselves when they get locked out is just...really painful to have to witness...)
1 2 3 4