Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camp/captcha accessibility update
1 2 3 4
The captcha needs a serious rehaul. My vision is just fine but I can't use the coliseum due to getting kicked out over failing captchas. I understand the current system took a lot of time and creativity and I applaud staff and appreciate the effort in trying to make a system that works but I don't think it's worth hanging onto due to apparent sunken cost fallacy - especially since I don't think staff have ever publicly acknowledged the captcha is a hinderance-- which is their right so I can't complain, only observing which is fine. :b right now I am assuming the numbers from the coli speak to them so that they don't need to listen to player feedback, which is also fine. Either a new captcha system, or MUCH less frequent captchas (I was not a bot 30 seconds ago- I am not a bot now- and I won't be a bot in 30 seconds) would be my dream update right now. There are a plethura of ideas and mockups throughout the suggestion forums that they could look into were they wanting to listen to feedback [emoji=bogsneak happy size=1]
The captcha needs a serious rehaul. My vision is just fine but I can't use the coliseum due to getting kicked out over failing captchas. I understand the current system took a lot of time and creativity and I applaud staff and appreciate the effort in trying to make a system that works but I don't think it's worth hanging onto due to apparent sunken cost fallacy - especially since I don't think staff have ever publicly acknowledged the captcha is a hinderance-- which is their right so I can't complain, only observing which is fine. :b right now I am assuming the numbers from the coli speak to them so that they don't need to listen to player feedback, which is also fine.

Either a new captcha system, or MUCH less frequent captchas (I was not a bot 30 seconds ago- I am not a bot now- and I won't be a bot in 30 seconds) would be my dream update right now. There are a plethura of ideas and mockups throughout the suggestion forums that they could look into were they wanting to listen to feedback
Before I get into why this is such a huge issue I am heavily biased myself. Im legally blind, so the captchas will always be a problem. The main issue with this is that while yes the captchas do stop the majority of bots the current system is moderately easy to get around. Without even counting how large of an accessibility issue the captchas are they still aren't that great.

The main problem with this is the fact that the captchas have been a problem since they released. FR staff are known for being incredibly stubborn at admitting when they're wrong, but this is when it becomes an issue. Once the majority of people with disabilities are unable to do a simple but essential part of a game that's when it needs to be changed. Personally the last time I ever saw they respond to any problems involving the captchas was back in 2017. (If you have proof of others please send it my way.)

The Staff has continuously ignored this issue and it is not ok. As more and more items, breeds, and genes are released the captchas are harder and harder to solve. I personally enjoy when new things are released, but at the cost of accessibility I'd much rather have them acknowledge their mistake and fix it instead of enticing more people to play. People should never have to stop using a major system in a game because of the stubbornness of the staff to fix an obvious problem. They are punishing the disabled players of this game and it's time they at least acknowledged the severely broken captcha system.

Before I get into why this is such a huge issue I am heavily biased myself. Im legally blind, so the captchas will always be a problem. The main issue with this is that while yes the captchas do stop the majority of bots the current system is moderately easy to get around. Without even counting how large of an accessibility issue the captchas are they still aren't that great.

The main problem with this is the fact that the captchas have been a problem since they released. FR staff are known for being incredibly stubborn at admitting when they're wrong, but this is when it becomes an issue. Once the majority of people with disabilities are unable to do a simple but essential part of a game that's when it needs to be changed. Personally the last time I ever saw they respond to any problems involving the captchas was back in 2017. (If you have proof of others please send it my way.)

The Staff has continuously ignored this issue and it is not ok. As more and more items, breeds, and genes are released the captchas are harder and harder to solve. I personally enjoy when new things are released, but at the cost of accessibility I'd much rather have them acknowledge their mistake and fix it instead of enticing more people to play. People should never have to stop using a major system in a game because of the stubbornness of the staff to fix an obvious problem. They are punishing the disabled players of this game and it's time they at least acknowledged the severely broken captcha system.

wqnTQE2.png dac5c205911117729a82f72c1cdf25cc70a0d072.pngTm63Ief.png agender.png
yeah fr I don't even see the point of the captcha anyways??
yeah fr I don't even see the point of the captcha anyways??
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
ah, I didn't realise it was a bot thing
I still feel like there's a much better way to do this
ah, I didn't realise it was a bot thing
I still feel like there's a much better way to do this
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I have excellent, very very sharp vision. I don't even think I can get sharper vision than what I have right now. Even I struggle with the captchas sometimes. Fix this. Please.
I have excellent, very very sharp vision. I don't even think I can get sharper vision than what I have right now. Even I struggle with the captchas sometimes. Fix this. Please.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
i will ALWAYS support a captcha update.
i have somewhat decent vision with glasses, and the captchas still trip me up. without my glasses? they’re literally impossible. i hate to coli on mobile because i struggle seeing things with low contrast on a small screen, such as a dark dragon on a dark background, yet for about 9-10 hours every weekday i’m stuck on mobile due to school and other obligations.
this is a major accessibility issue and the way that it hasn’t been fixed yet is just a bit absurd, honestly
i will ALWAYS support a captcha update.
i have somewhat decent vision with glasses, and the captchas still trip me up. without my glasses? they’re literally impossible. i hate to coli on mobile because i struggle seeing things with low contrast on a small screen, such as a dark dragon on a dark background, yet for about 9-10 hours every weekday i’m stuck on mobile due to school and other obligations.
this is a major accessibility issue and the way that it hasn’t been fixed yet is just a bit absurd, honestly
em/sai | all pronouns | fr+2 | pings ok
wishlist | fandragon project
probably on ffxiv
This is my secret text... Let's keep it between us, ok?
-> HES SO SMALL AAAA
aKhVpRf.png
100% support. My vision isn’t bad with glasses, and I still struggle with captchas. A lot. Please fix this!
100% support. My vision isn’t bad with glasses, and I still struggle with captchas. A lot. Please fix this!
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
I thought it was just me having issues with this! I have great vision but I really struggle to see the dragons. I think part of the issue is that the image is so small - I know there's a zoom but 1. when you're grinding, taking the time out to zoom is a pain 2. It's a zoom that doesn't actually make anything clearer as the resolution stays small and the image just ends up looking blurrier And then of course sometimes (or most of the time?) the dragon's colour just completely blends in with the background And sometimes you get baby dragons shown and they are way harder to see (I think but also.... this is a bit ridiculous [img]https://i.imgur.com/xYbBBJn.png[/img] On top of that, why flip the dragons? Are people really writing scripts that can recognise the image of a dragon that's blended into the background surrounded by other items. I feel like that's pretty advanced, rotation seems like overkill!
I thought it was just me having issues with this! I have great vision but I really struggle to see the dragons.
I think part of the issue is that the image is so small - I know there's a zoom but
1. when you're grinding, taking the time out to zoom is a pain
2. It's a zoom that doesn't actually make anything clearer as the resolution stays small and the image just ends up looking blurrier

And then of course sometimes (or most of the time?) the dragon's colour just completely blends in with the background
And sometimes you get baby dragons shown and they are way harder to see (I think

but also.... this is a bit ridiculous
xYbBBJn.png

On top of that, why flip the dragons? Are people really writing scripts that can recognise the image of a dragon that's blended into the background surrounded by other items. I feel like that's pretty advanced, rotation seems like overkill!
pWKMmOX.gifBcnmqQk.gifk5FxSvA.gifzKcvJhj.gifUDDxZlL.gif
@TinTans that captcha is horrible! It took me forever to spot that dragon!
@TinTans that captcha is horrible! It took me forever to spot that dragon!
FObX7rS.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.pngA6Pqy3l.png
always always support. i've complained about this since it came out
always always support. i've complained about this since it came out
tumblr_p575ucab9X1wvvm88o3_100.png 1vAtYxM.png
eq6zQ9M.png
jt1VeLt.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
please ping me if you're responding!
1 2 3 4