Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camp/captcha accessibility update
1 2 3 4
My dudes, the coli camp picture picking thing is very hard. I am a person with good sight and fine color vision, but I sometimes have trouble picking out the derg in them. Especially on mobile when they're small. I cant imagine how hard/frustrating these are if you have a form of colour blindness, vision impairment or contrast issues. There gotta be a way to make these more accessible to everyone. They should have an option to turn them off or have alternative bot checker available. This has to have been suggested before, but I really think accessibility sound always be top priority over most other things. Edit: These are some versions of a random captcha with simulated vision impairments. These were simulated with the built in firefox accessibility tool for developers. [b]No Red (Protanopia)[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/2BD8uJ8.png[/img] [b]No Green (Deuteranopia)[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/PkfsK5z.png[/img] [b]No Blue (Tritanopia)[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/yQc0d3I.png[/img] [b]No Colour (Achromatopsia)[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aywz0n2.png[/img] [b]Contrast loss[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/eOh0mNi.png[/img] Any of these coupled with vision loss would make choosing the dragons next to impossible.
My dudes, the coli camp picture picking thing is very hard. I am a person with good sight and fine color vision, but I sometimes have trouble picking out the derg in them. Especially on mobile when they're small.

I cant imagine how hard/frustrating these are if you have a form of colour blindness, vision impairment or contrast issues. There gotta be a way to make these more accessible to everyone. They should have an option to turn them off or have alternative bot checker available.

This has to have been suggested before, but I really think accessibility sound always be top priority over most other things.

Edit:

These are some versions of a random captcha with simulated vision impairments. These were simulated with the built in firefox accessibility tool for developers.

No Red (Protanopia)
2BD8uJ8.png
No Green (Deuteranopia)
PkfsK5z.png
No Blue (Tritanopia)
yQc0d3I.png
No Colour (Achromatopsia)
aywz0n2.png
Contrast loss
eOh0mNi.png

Any of these coupled with vision loss would make choosing the dragons next to impossible.
FObX7rS.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.pngA6Pqy3l.png
please. i will fully support this and straight-up beg for it every time it comes up. my heart drops when a coli captcha appears because nine out of ten times i cannot find the dragon for the life of me. my eyesight is awful and i hate having to lean in and strain my eyes for what should be a simple captcha.

it's an easy fix too - there are multiple ways they could go about this but one way is to just have the images appear on a blank or solid-colored background rather than an image background. too many times the dragon blends with the background. they also really need to filter out dragons with skins. those guys are practically impossible to find.

it truly baffles me that this has been asked for for years and it still hasn't been implemented. it's a simple accessibility issue.
please. i will fully support this and straight-up beg for it every time it comes up. my heart drops when a coli captcha appears because nine out of ten times i cannot find the dragon for the life of me. my eyesight is awful and i hate having to lean in and strain my eyes for what should be a simple captcha.

it's an easy fix too - there are multiple ways they could go about this but one way is to just have the images appear on a blank or solid-colored background rather than an image background. too many times the dragon blends with the background. they also really need to filter out dragons with skins. those guys are practically impossible to find.

it truly baffles me that this has been asked for for years and it still hasn't been implemented. it's a simple accessibility issue.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I support this!
I do not have great vision and even with my glasses, it can be impossible to find the dragon. Especially if the genes and breed are more complex.
I support this!
I do not have great vision and even with my glasses, it can be impossible to find the dragon. Especially if the genes and breed are more complex.
ooSuhor.png
You're right, this has been suggested before. And is actually one of the things that needs to be suggested again and again and again, with the threads resurfaced all the time (like this one https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2373235/1 ) because this is something that NEEDS to be addressed. And quite frankly, it's disappointing and frustrating with how long this has gone on.

Now, I don't think it's wise to turn them off completely because then everyone would turn them off and bots would run free. But the other boards have a lot of great ideas. And at the very least, can we have some HQ captchas so when we magnify them they don't go all pixel-y?
You're right, this has been suggested before. And is actually one of the things that needs to be suggested again and again and again, with the threads resurfaced all the time (like this one https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2373235/1 ) because this is something that NEEDS to be addressed. And quite frankly, it's disappointing and frustrating with how long this has gone on.

Now, I don't think it's wise to turn them off completely because then everyone would turn them off and bots would run free. But the other boards have a lot of great ideas. And at the very least, can we have some HQ captchas so when we magnify them they don't go all pixel-y?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support for other alternatives and changes to the current one. I would be awful with audio captchas which is why I would like to see more alternatives more than removing one. With that said, I do think the captchas need an overhaul. I can see why the dragons are so hard to find, and even more so with apparel and skins that can drown them out. The background doesn’t help either.
Support for other alternatives and changes to the current one. I would be awful with audio captchas which is why I would like to see more alternatives more than removing one. With that said, I do think the captchas need an overhaul. I can see why the dragons are so hard to find, and even more so with apparel and skins that can drown them out. The background doesn’t help either.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Support! The cursed capthas lock me out of coli pretty much permanently thanks to my poor vision [emoji=coatl deadpan size=2]
Support!

The cursed capthas lock me out of coli pretty much permanently thanks to my poor vision
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
support! sometimes I'll click through 5 different captchas because I can't find the dragon--or other times because I miss it by a pixel! in general it really could use an update
support! sometimes I'll click through 5 different captchas because I can't find the dragon--or other times because I miss it by a pixel! in general it really could use an update
this is secret text for spacing lololol rcLDXY6.png
QAC2ckf.png
mtHAEL4.png
mlHpBMC.png
YMPbu9R.png
1573.png
Absolutely, 100% support. I've got poor vision but not the worst, and it's still a nightmare. There has to be a better way.
Absolutely, 100% support. I've got poor vision but not the worst, and it's still a nightmare. There has to be a better way.
could we just have triple basic dragons with no apparel? they blend in enough without apparel or genes.
could we just have triple basic dragons with no apparel? they blend in enough without apparel or genes.
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
I play FR on phone with bad vision in one eye and the little dragons are so hard to see. I have to click wrong to get new ones.
I play FR on phone with bad vision in one eye and the little dragons are so hard to see. I have to click wrong to get new ones.
1 2 3 4