Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 276 277
i really like Runes because it makes the dragons that have it look mystical and kind of cutesy, and i think similar terts with different motifs would be nice. I haven't looked too closely to runes specific design but i saw that on the cheeks there's kind of a swirl and it would be cool if there was a swirly accentlike gene that wasn't too overbearing but still prevalent. forgive the crude nocturne drawing but : [img]https://i.ibb.co/rcptMNh/E5-DF4-B5-C-B0-B6-4-A31-88-DB-741-C9492-FD0-A.jpg[/img] it could be called hypno/spiral/trickster or something like that. also, while drawing this i remembered that yesterday i bingeread Uzumaki so yikes
i really like Runes because it makes the dragons that have it look mystical and kind of cutesy, and i think similar terts with different motifs would be nice. I haven't looked too closely to runes specific design but i saw that on the cheeks there's kind of a swirl and it would be cool if there was a swirly accentlike gene that wasn't too overbearing but still prevalent. forgive the crude nocturne drawing but : E5-DF4-B5-C-B0-B6-4-A31-88-DB-741-C9492-FD0-A.jpg
it could be called hypno/spiral/trickster or something like that. also, while drawing this i remembered that yesterday i bingeread Uzumaki so yikes
2.gif
[quote name="Miragaia" date="2019-11-27 17:27:25" ] Just really simple, boring points on the face, legs and tail. Nothing more! No color gradients, no stripes, no weird patterns. Just a nice gradient of one color fading from the face and legs into the body, like a cat with points or a buckskin horse [/quote] [quote name="Dragonwyspr" date="2019-11-14 16:20:59" ] Maybe something that just colors the secondary secondaries on a dragon? Like on a PC, it'd be the mane, tail, and maybe the horn and whiskers. On a Guardian, it'd be the fins and horns. On a Mirror, it'd be the head plate thing. Maybe there could be some slight gradients on the legs/tail as well so it's not just a partial coverup for the secondary. [/quote] These would both be really great! When I first saw Fade/Blend I hoped it was a new tert. The primary/secondary is great too, but a Points type tert would still be really nice. And I would love something that just colors the "weird" bits of the dragon (horns, head fins, the swirly bits on a Coatl) - I keep wanting to cover them up because of the weird accent colors.
Miragaia wrote on 2019-11-27 17:27:25:
Just really simple, boring points on the face, legs and tail. Nothing more! No color gradients, no stripes, no weird patterns. Just a nice gradient of one color fading from the face and legs into the body, like a cat with points or a buckskin horse
Dragonwyspr wrote on 2019-11-14 16:20:59:
Maybe something that just colors the secondary secondaries on a dragon? Like on a PC, it'd be the mane, tail, and maybe the horn and whiskers. On a Guardian, it'd be the fins and horns. On a Mirror, it'd be the head plate thing. Maybe there could be some slight gradients on the legs/tail as well so it's not just a partial coverup for the secondary.

These would both be really great!

When I first saw Fade/Blend I hoped it was a new tert. The primary/secondary is great too, but a Points type tert would still be really nice. And I would love something that just colors the "weird" bits of the dragon (horns, head fins, the swirly bits on a Coatl) - I keep wanting to cover them up because of the weird accent colors.
[quote name="RockportSlayer" date="2019-10-29 21:24:24" ] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wAUCnmJ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/PRMh88I.png[/img][/center] [center]Ghost Lights or 'Lights' (?) In both Aqua and Cream[/center] [/quote] this would be SO good....
RockportSlayer wrote on 2019-10-29 21:24:24:
wAUCnmJ.png

PRMh88I.png
Ghost Lights or 'Lights' (?)

In both Aqua and Cream

this would be SO good....
qpjYho1.png ace, they/them, +18hrs FR Time GTPlxLL.png
maybe a gooey and shiny crackle-like gene from baldwin
it could go well with slime and the other gene
maybe it could be bubbling

it could also be two-toned like the poi/tox/skink/spinner genes and have colorful swirls
maybe a gooey and shiny crackle-like gene from baldwin
it could go well with slime and the other gene
maybe it could be bubbling

it could also be two-toned like the poi/tox/skink/spinner genes and have colorful swirls
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Not necessarily a new gene, but I would adore if Banescales got capsule! They don't have a lot of coverage for their bellies and don't think it calls for a band new gene.
Not necessarily a new gene, but I would adore if Banescales got capsule! They don't have a lot of coverage for their bellies and don't think it calls for a band new gene.
I can make any dragon look good by making it a baby nocturne
@LordDubby, yeah, I support this.

Metallic+runes would also work well on bonescales. Their terts (and genes in general) are way too busy or really flat, tbh.
@LordDubby, yeah, I support this.

Metallic+runes would also work well on bonescales. Their terts (and genes in general) are way too busy or really flat, tbh.
Please add Capsule, Scales, Okapi, Stained, Gembond, Glimmer and Peacock to Ancients! Those are all genes I (and many other people) frequently use and I think all Ancients deserve to have access to all modern genes. We can't put apparel on them, this just feels like the right thing to do.
Please add Capsule, Scales, Okapi, Stained, Gembond, Glimmer and Peacock to Ancients! Those are all genes I (and many other people) frequently use and I think all Ancients deserve to have access to all modern genes. We can't put apparel on them, this just feels like the right thing to do.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I mean, part of the reasons ancients exist is to lessen the gene workload for artists, not just the apparel workload, so i don't think every ancient should have every modern gene. (I feel like capsule would look rather strange on the fluffier parts of a gaoler's underbelly, for example.)

However, it definitely feels like an oversight that banescales don't have any of the belly-tert genes (underbelly, glimmer, capsule), and that neither banescales nor gaolers have stained. I'd imagine underbelly and stained are probably the two easiest terts to make, and they're two of the ultimate "i cant think of anything else to do with this tert" genes for players.
I mean, part of the reasons ancients exist is to lessen the gene workload for artists, not just the apparel workload, so i don't think every ancient should have every modern gene. (I feel like capsule would look rather strange on the fluffier parts of a gaoler's underbelly, for example.)

However, it definitely feels like an oversight that banescales don't have any of the belly-tert genes (underbelly, glimmer, capsule), and that neither banescales nor gaolers have stained. I'd imagine underbelly and stained are probably the two easiest terts to make, and they're two of the ultimate "i cant think of anything else to do with this tert" genes for players.
> White Sclera Eye Type
> Let Level 25 Dragons Equip Two Energy Stones
> Area-of-Effect Spell for Mages
> Black Blood variants of Scratch, Shred, and Eliminate
> NPC Abilities (Pollen!Meditate and Bite!Scratch) for Dragons
> Elemental Curses (guaranteed debuff, no damage) for Coli
> Add The Unused Upgrades for Scratch and Meditate
something that focuses on the belly for banescales, maybe? i feel like its not that hard to draw it, tbh
something that focuses on the belly for banescales, maybe? i feel like its not that hard to draw it, tbh
ttGfSL1.png
Underbelly would be a really handy gene for Banescales. It's a good, solid way to show the tert color without overwhelming the rest of the colors and genes.
Underbelly would be a really handy gene for Banescales. It's a good, solid way to show the tert color without overwhelming the rest of the colors and genes.
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 276 277