Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cancel Nest Option
1 2
It would be nice if an "Abandon Nest" option were available before the 2nd Incubation period.

If a nest is abandoned the eggs are "lost". They dont die but they could be rolled into the lore of unhatched eggs found through scavenging and coliseum.

This nest cancellation option would be good for pairings accidentally made, and for nests the user regrets making.

Limitations can be added onto this to keep it from being abused such as only allowing 1 nest cancellation per 4 weeks or longer.

The lost nest would not show up on the dragons' heritage but after cancellation they would have the normal breeding cooldown or maybe a slightly longer cooldown from losing the nest.

The "Abandon Nest" button could be placed at the top of the Nesting grounds and once clicked, a user would select the nest (if eligable) to abandon. An "Are You Sure? The eggs will be lost and the dragons will continue the breeding cooldown." warning could be displayed.

I would love anyone who adds on reccomendations :)
It would be nice if an "Abandon Nest" option were available before the 2nd Incubation period.

If a nest is abandoned the eggs are "lost". They dont die but they could be rolled into the lore of unhatched eggs found through scavenging and coliseum.

This nest cancellation option would be good for pairings accidentally made, and for nests the user regrets making.

Limitations can be added onto this to keep it from being abused such as only allowing 1 nest cancellation per 4 weeks or longer.

The lost nest would not show up on the dragons' heritage but after cancellation they would have the normal breeding cooldown or maybe a slightly longer cooldown from losing the nest.

The "Abandon Nest" button could be placed at the top of the Nesting grounds and once clicked, a user would select the nest (if eligable) to abandon. An "Are You Sure? The eggs will be lost and the dragons will continue the breeding cooldown." warning could be displayed.

I would love anyone who adds on reccomendations :)
gC8Fl1N.png3mRCtgv.pngdO7Qce6.pngo6Tbf9W.png She/They
Support. Not having any kind of way to reserve accidental breeding sucks so much in multiple ways.
Support. Not having any kind of way to reserve accidental breeding sucks so much in multiple ways.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Support. This should be a thing. It's long past time this was added.
Quote:
This is an interesting idea I don't think I've seen before when this topic comes up. Personally I think that the loss of the exalt/sale value of hatchlings plus the cooldown staying in place is enough of a protection against abuse. But this would actually be a good one if staff feel that it needs to be even more punishing, given nests can sit indefinitely even if you mistakenly nested multiple pairs you could still undo them after a wait. 4+ weeks seems high but even then it would be helpful.

Edit:since I can't quite tell from the way the first post is phrased, but cancellation should be available from first nesting right up until the nest is available to hatch. I absolutely don't think it should be limited to a certain incubation period.
Support. This should be a thing. It's long past time this was added.
Quote:
This is an interesting idea I don't think I've seen before when this topic comes up. Personally I think that the loss of the exalt/sale value of hatchlings plus the cooldown staying in place is enough of a protection against abuse. But this would actually be a good one if staff feel that it needs to be even more punishing, given nests can sit indefinitely even if you mistakenly nested multiple pairs you could still undo them after a wait. 4+ weeks seems high but even then it would be helpful.

Edit:since I can't quite tell from the way the first post is phrased, but cancellation should be available from first nesting right up until the nest is available to hatch. I absolutely don't think it should be limited to a certain incubation period.
what if the cancellation is a chance roll? it would tie into the lore of unhatched eggs better, if there was only a chance that the beastclans were able to steal them when you clicked on the button. it would also be a partial penalty on the nest owner, to delete the eggs, if they had to try it consistently for it to work. kind of weird for us to use a feature than wouldn't benefit the dragons though.

i still think the cooldown for breeding should be in effect if a nest is cancelled. i just wonder what a good reason for dragons to abandon nests would be? perhaps that's the reason it's not implemented yet.
what if the cancellation is a chance roll? it would tie into the lore of unhatched eggs better, if there was only a chance that the beastclans were able to steal them when you clicked on the button. it would also be a partial penalty on the nest owner, to delete the eggs, if they had to try it consistently for it to work. kind of weird for us to use a feature than wouldn't benefit the dragons though.

i still think the cooldown for breeding should be in effect if a nest is cancelled. i just wonder what a good reason for dragons to abandon nests would be? perhaps that's the reason it's not implemented yet.
yzUX307.png
I've been on the site for 8 years and today I made my first breeding mistake. One of my beautiful gen 1s is now nesting with a random fodder dragon. Argh! I'd even pay gems to cancel this nest.
I've been on the site for 8 years and today I made my first breeding mistake. One of my beautiful gen 1s is now nesting with a random fodder dragon. Argh! I'd even pay gems to cancel this nest.
8wF4Uc8.png
I support the ability to cancel nests for sure, and I think technically you should be able to do it at any stage tbh?
Like.... what if you put dragons on a nest at the request of a friend who you then have a massive falling out with but you'd already started incubating? Or you only realize that this messes something up after a day or two? Or you just decide against it for any reason? It doesn't bother me if it has a limitation still, but I personally don't see why not let people cancel at any stage.

As for drawbacks, I think the cooldown is honestly enough.
If we want to really add something on, then how about it adds extra days as per how long it normally takes to incubate a nest? Regardless of what stage you cancel, it adds those five days (I think it's five) on that would have been spent tending to the nest along with the cooldown.
I support the ability to cancel nests for sure, and I think technically you should be able to do it at any stage tbh?
Like.... what if you put dragons on a nest at the request of a friend who you then have a massive falling out with but you'd already started incubating? Or you only realize that this messes something up after a day or two? Or you just decide against it for any reason? It doesn't bother me if it has a limitation still, but I personally don't see why not let people cancel at any stage.

As for drawbacks, I think the cooldown is honestly enough.
If we want to really add something on, then how about it adds extra days as per how long it normally takes to incubate a nest? Regardless of what stage you cancel, it adds those five days (I think it's five) on that would have been spent tending to the nest along with the cooldown.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Support 100 percent, I regret some of the dragons I've bred and I wish I could have canceled them.
Support 100 percent, I regret some of the dragons I've bred and I wish I could have canceled them.
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
Always support for nest cancellations! The hibernal den certainly helps prevent some dragons from being bred, but not all dragons can be put there for safekeeping (some people may have coli dragons they don't breed, for example).

As well, some people (or maybe just me lol) will only put dragons into the hibden once they've fully awakened a familiar to match, which is about three months if going from a completely new familiar. Even assuming a breed with the longest breeding cooldown, that's still two months where you have the potential for misclicks!

While it wouldn't bother me personally too much if I mis-matched some of my breeding pairs, they've all gotten shuffled around before, I completely get why it would bother others- especially in the case of unbred g1s.

As for the 'punishment' I don't think many people would abuse the mechanic assuming you do still get the full breeding cooldown and lose the eggs. Even 15 days for commons is a pretty long wait to avoid getting wegged- it'd be way smarter to just keep the one egg nest and try again for better luck once cooldown is over.

If abuse was a worry though, the staff could make it a gem or treasure MP item, so there'd be a financial loss involved as well? That may not make the most sense within lore, but sometimes gameplay convenience/accessibility should be more important than strictly abiding by lore, but that's just my opinion.

If it's not a paid item though and just a button option, staff could easily just invoke "egg rot" as a lore reason for why the nest was abandoned, like in the old days of the site.
Always support for nest cancellations! The hibernal den certainly helps prevent some dragons from being bred, but not all dragons can be put there for safekeeping (some people may have coli dragons they don't breed, for example).

As well, some people (or maybe just me lol) will only put dragons into the hibden once they've fully awakened a familiar to match, which is about three months if going from a completely new familiar. Even assuming a breed with the longest breeding cooldown, that's still two months where you have the potential for misclicks!

While it wouldn't bother me personally too much if I mis-matched some of my breeding pairs, they've all gotten shuffled around before, I completely get why it would bother others- especially in the case of unbred g1s.

As for the 'punishment' I don't think many people would abuse the mechanic assuming you do still get the full breeding cooldown and lose the eggs. Even 15 days for commons is a pretty long wait to avoid getting wegged- it'd be way smarter to just keep the one egg nest and try again for better luck once cooldown is over.

If abuse was a worry though, the staff could make it a gem or treasure MP item, so there'd be a financial loss involved as well? That may not make the most sense within lore, but sometimes gameplay convenience/accessibility should be more important than strictly abiding by lore, but that's just my opinion.

If it's not a paid item though and just a button option, staff could easily just invoke "egg rot" as a lore reason for why the nest was abandoned, like in the old days of the site.
JNq0Ryb.pngtumblr_p6m92rH3MJ1w8xkufo5_250.png
I would love the option to simply cancel. Maybe with a requirement to input your password just to confirm because much like accidentally breeding dragons, I could also accidentally cancel a nest?

Or like...

an item like a gene that you apply to one of the pair and then it undoes the nest? :0

It would be nice to have an emergency NO EGG button!
I would love the option to simply cancel. Maybe with a requirement to input your password just to confirm because much like accidentally breeding dragons, I could also accidentally cancel a nest?

Or like...

an item like a gene that you apply to one of the pair and then it undoes the nest? :0

It would be nice to have an emergency NO EGG button!
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
Always support for a way to cancel nestings!

I've even made my own suggestion thread in the past for a nest discarding feature (here). I really hope something is implemented.

I also really, really want a way to opt-out specific dragons from the breeding system altogether as it would be an even more surefire way to avoid mistakes in breeding dragons you don't want to breed.
Always support for a way to cancel nestings!

I've even made my own suggestion thread in the past for a nest discarding feature (here). I really hope something is implemented.

I also really, really want a way to opt-out specific dragons from the breeding system altogether as it would be an even more surefire way to avoid mistakes in breeding dragons you don't want to breed.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2