Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50 51
[quote name="Limanya" date="2022-09-22 10:30:58" ] [quote name="DarkVixen" date="2022-09-22 10:23:08" ] Support! Due to a few concerns, it may be a good idea to add a few bounties at maximum for touching other areas of the site. These different bounties can perform as Fiona and Baldwin to have a different section of the NPC to not affect the Coliseum ones. I know you stated many times you want this to be a Coliseum focus to these, and I do like the main focus as the Coliseum. So, having a different section of very few bounties can help these concerns a little while keeping the main focus on the Coliseum to get a lot more rewards. At worst, this just breaks the Seekers’ lore and there would need to be another explanation for this. I just feel like it would be really strange to have 2 bounty or quest NPCs, so I wanted to add that as a thought. [/quote] different quests can be added in a different form elsewhere; they don't need to function identically to this idea. the thing is that the entire purpose of the npc - the entire concept - is based on coliseum, and forcing in interactions with other parts of the site when they [i]really[/i] aren't needed in any way feels like it's just gonna clutter it and drag the whole thing down and as for your last point - consider that we have two npcs whose entire purpose is to sometimes give you stuff for free, just that one does it daily and randomly and the other gives out set stuff at certain times. and that we have an npc who trades items for other items... and the grand exchange, where the entire draw is 'trading items for other items'. the npcs don't need to be a reskin of each other and probably can't be given that not everything functions identically to the coliseum. IMO you'd be better off having this as a different npc altogether, or as an addition to the achievement system - comparable to fiona's feats giving familiar rewards - if/when that gets reworked. [/quote] Yeah, that makes sense. I won’t mind what happens either way. It just feels off to have 2 very quest like NPCs. But destroying the focus is definitely a good point. To me, it’s just Defeating compared to Gathering a certain amount of times is extremely similar to warrant this thought pop-up. Basically, an extremely similar function but with a different focus. If it’s different in a quest manner, then yeah I would like to see it elsewhere. But doing this specific thing an amount of times just seemed extremely similar. Either way, I would like to see a Coliseum Bounty NPC to have a permanent focus on the Coliseum. I just wanted to throw that in just in case.
Limanya wrote on 2022-09-22 10:30:58:
DarkVixen wrote on 2022-09-22 10:23:08:
Support!

Due to a few concerns, it may be a good idea to add a few bounties at maximum for touching other areas of the site. These different bounties can perform as Fiona and Baldwin to have a different section of the NPC to not affect the Coliseum ones. I know you stated many times you want this to be a Coliseum focus to these, and I do like the main focus as the Coliseum. So, having a different section of very few bounties can help these concerns a little while keeping the main focus on the Coliseum to get a lot more rewards.

At worst, this just breaks the Seekers’ lore and there would need to be another explanation for this. I just feel like it would be really strange to have 2 bounty or quest NPCs, so I wanted to add that as a thought.
different quests can be added in a different form elsewhere; they don't need to function identically to this idea. the thing is that the entire purpose of the npc - the entire concept - is based on coliseum, and forcing in interactions with other parts of the site when they really aren't needed in any way feels like it's just gonna clutter it and drag the whole thing down

and as for your last point - consider that we have two npcs whose entire purpose is to sometimes give you stuff for free, just that one does it daily and randomly and the other gives out set stuff at certain times. and that we have an npc who trades items for other items... and the grand exchange, where the entire draw is 'trading items for other items'. the npcs don't need to be a reskin of each other and probably can't be given that not everything functions identically to the coliseum. IMO you'd be better off having this as a different npc altogether, or as an addition to the achievement system - comparable to fiona's feats giving familiar rewards - if/when that gets reworked.
Yeah, that makes sense. I won’t mind what happens either way. It just feels off to have 2 very quest like NPCs. But destroying the focus is definitely a good point. To me, it’s just Defeating compared to Gathering a certain amount of times is extremely similar to warrant this thought pop-up. Basically, an extremely similar function but with a different focus. If it’s different in a quest manner, then yeah I would like to see it elsewhere. But doing this specific thing an amount of times just seemed extremely similar.

Either way, I would like to see a Coliseum Bounty NPC to have a permanent focus on the Coliseum. I just wanted to throw that in just in case.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Adding my two cents, I don't touch the coli unless I'm leveling fodder, whether I need lair space or it's a dominance push. Also, I don't really do any venues other than the mire anymore, this seems like it would encourage other venue exploration. I think this would be a really fun and interesting addition. I really support this!
Adding my two cents, I don't touch the coli unless I'm leveling fodder, whether I need lair space or it's a dominance push. Also, I don't really do any venues other than the mire anymore, this seems like it would encourage other venue exploration. I think this would be a really fun and interesting addition. I really support this!
pMyfYgE.png
Definitely support! The coliseum needs more love :)
Definitely support! The coliseum needs more love :)
zSKdav4.png
Huge support! So much support for this idea!
Huge support! So much support for this idea!
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.png
This is such a great and interesting idea!
This is such a great and interesting idea!
S4mCDlY.png
DRGtUkN.png
4kH8Iym.png
du0Hpyr.png
nHNO6ou.png
nGiXbMP.png
I8qrrEJ.png
2mzinXE.png
rF31KIO.png

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH SUPPORT
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH SUPPORT
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
oo support. a lot of the time i want to do coliseum but dont have a goal so i just end up not doing it. this would be great to have!
oo support. a lot of the time i want to do coliseum but dont have a goal so i just end up not doing it. this would be great to have!
...................................HslJD2N.png
...................................JvUa9ma.png
...................................FObX7rS.png
ede56a3e20547c165fa512c47d2e5b0326aabe8a.gif
........f617b71e2b879364b6c3643b3787fa1efb80f1b3.gif
loimysO.png.
fkWjutW.png.
UU9vIu2.png
[quote name="VHShorrortapes" date="2022-10-07 12:14:14" ] i want to do coliseum but dont have a goal so i just end up not doing it. [/quote] Me too [emoji=coatl sad size=2]
VHShorrortapes wrote on 2022-10-07 12:14:14:
i want to do coliseum but dont have a goal so i just end up not doing it.
Me too
NN9NPXA.pngqa67smW.png
bYt72YT.pngJ8QoPxT.png
gzlHZ53.png8GgdVkW.png
oNrZjs5.pngC93BkRv.png
qGabqd5.pngXnaLQeW.png
u1wgsSN.pngOBrKa68.png
→→→
New
Breed:
Rolls!
→→→
BB44nzI.png
[quote name="DisOdoSid" date="2022-10-07 16:41:34" ] [quote name="VHShorrortapes" date="2022-10-07 12:14:14" ] i want to do coliseum but dont have a goal so i just end up not doing it. [/quote] Me too [emoji=coatl sad size=2] [/quote] hopefully this should help ;)
DisOdoSid wrote on 2022-10-07 16:41:34:
VHShorrortapes wrote on 2022-10-07 12:14:14:
i want to do coliseum but dont have a goal so i just end up not doing it.
Me too
hopefully this should help ;)
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Fantastic idea! And I adore the art and writing for the NPC.

The one thing that might be a little strange is the notion of how the quests "level up". Ideally, the NPC looks for the highest level dragon in your lair (who could go in the coli, ex: no hibden, no one starving) and uses that to decide what areas are available. That decision is made the instant you click on the NPC, similarly to how (I assume, at least) the decision about what Pinkerton gives you can be made the moment you click the button (vs. going through every player and generating an item for them at rollover, then holding onto it).

There's some mild opportunities for weirdness there. Like if no dragons are found (starving lair), presumably it only picks training field. If you only have a lent 25 trainer, you might get Forbidden Portal, even though that's not too feasible. If you've got a trio you're leveling up as a challenge but a 25 in the wings, you might also get Forbidden Portal. Stuff like that, nothing too crazy, just enough that people might have to jank around it, which is enough for me to suggest an additional possibility:

An NPC like this could level up like Baldwin and Arlo do. At each level-up, you'd get a little congratulatory message, and maybe a lore blurb about any venue(s) you've unlocked. Could serve as a partial guide for newbies, as well as a guaranteed reward of some specific nice prize--maybe this is where some of the items unique to the vendor are introduced (and then added into the pool for future bounties). Having the level as a slider could allow you to limit the max venue level for the next quest assigned.

Three issues with that: one, if a new venue's introduced, staff would probably want to include the NPC's updated lore blurb in the post to avoid people like me foaming at the mouth . Not a big deal, people like me can be safely ignored. Two and significantly more severe, oldbies with a fat stack of 25s are going to be sent through the gauntlet to unlock everything. I don't know if everyone would enjoy that the way I would...and three, you could get weird RNG/abuse rerolls to get a higher NPC level than your max dragon level, which really just means it'll be harder to get bounties you can complete, so questionable benefit there.

I don't suggest that as something better, I love the suggestion as is. But just because I could see some technical issues with the level thing (very, very vaguely, with the huge caveat that I have no idea what any of that looks like over there...), I wanted to toss up a potential solution to a problem that hopefully doesn't exist :D
Fantastic idea! And I adore the art and writing for the NPC.

The one thing that might be a little strange is the notion of how the quests "level up". Ideally, the NPC looks for the highest level dragon in your lair (who could go in the coli, ex: no hibden, no one starving) and uses that to decide what areas are available. That decision is made the instant you click on the NPC, similarly to how (I assume, at least) the decision about what Pinkerton gives you can be made the moment you click the button (vs. going through every player and generating an item for them at rollover, then holding onto it).

There's some mild opportunities for weirdness there. Like if no dragons are found (starving lair), presumably it only picks training field. If you only have a lent 25 trainer, you might get Forbidden Portal, even though that's not too feasible. If you've got a trio you're leveling up as a challenge but a 25 in the wings, you might also get Forbidden Portal. Stuff like that, nothing too crazy, just enough that people might have to jank around it, which is enough for me to suggest an additional possibility:

An NPC like this could level up like Baldwin and Arlo do. At each level-up, you'd get a little congratulatory message, and maybe a lore blurb about any venue(s) you've unlocked. Could serve as a partial guide for newbies, as well as a guaranteed reward of some specific nice prize--maybe this is where some of the items unique to the vendor are introduced (and then added into the pool for future bounties). Having the level as a slider could allow you to limit the max venue level for the next quest assigned.

Three issues with that: one, if a new venue's introduced, staff would probably want to include the NPC's updated lore blurb in the post to avoid people like me foaming at the mouth . Not a big deal, people like me can be safely ignored. Two and significantly more severe, oldbies with a fat stack of 25s are going to be sent through the gauntlet to unlock everything. I don't know if everyone would enjoy that the way I would...and three, you could get weird RNG/abuse rerolls to get a higher NPC level than your max dragon level, which really just means it'll be harder to get bounties you can complete, so questionable benefit there.

I don't suggest that as something better, I love the suggestion as is. But just because I could see some technical issues with the level thing (very, very vaguely, with the huge caveat that I have no idea what any of that looks like over there...), I wanted to toss up a potential solution to a problem that hopefully doesn't exist :D
cL9yafY.gif
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50 51