Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | dragons as familiars
1 2 3 4 5
When I saw the title, I was iffy on it, but now that I see the examples, full support here! My only question is how they would tie into the scenic mode
When I saw the title, I was iffy on it, but now that I see the examples, full support here! My only question is how they would tie into the scenic mode
Asa
He/they/it
FR+0
I use a
screenreader!
kUt1yup.gif
aBEGyrO.png
I love the image with the mate on the left side, I would love that. That side seems so empty and it would be fun to be able to assign a dragon a permanent mate that would appear next to them.
I love the image with the mate on the left side, I would love that. That side seems so empty and it would be fun to be able to assign a dragon a permanent mate that would appear next to them.
[quote name="HelixWing" date="2021-07-25 14:23:04" ] This sounds pretty cool! Personally I’m not sure that I would use it, but it seems like a neat option and fun for lore. [/quote] [quote name="HelixWing" date="2021-07-25 14:23:04" ] I love the image with the mate on the left side, I would love that. That side seems so empty and it would be fun to be able to assign a dragon a permanent mate that would appear next to them. [/quote] Agreed to both of these! I dunno if I'd use it, but this is an interesting idea.
HelixWing wrote on 2021-07-25 14:23:04:
This sounds pretty cool! Personally I’m not sure that I would use it, but it seems like a neat option and fun for lore.
HelixWing wrote on 2021-07-25 14:23:04:

Agreed to both of these! I dunno if I'd use it, but this is an interesting idea.
mlHpBMC.png
n4H37dx.png
Qpv2mvo.png
bYt72YT.png

.....Click them!
the love basket scene REALLY has me wishing we could do this
the love basket scene REALLY has me wishing we could do this
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
My only qualm is that some dragons may have multiple mates, and thus wouldn't get the full benefit out of this function as described. But then again, I'm sure some people's dragons have multiple familiars, too. So if they didn't implement some way to have a rotating familiar/dragon "familiar", we'd just have to compensate in the dragon's bio.

Still, I think this idea is cute and would be a great use for the empty space on the left side of the dragon :)
My only qualm is that some dragons may have multiple mates, and thus wouldn't get the full benefit out of this function as described. But then again, I'm sure some people's dragons have multiple familiars, too. So if they didn't implement some way to have a rotating familiar/dragon "familiar", we'd just have to compensate in the dragon's bio.

Still, I think this idea is cute and would be a great use for the empty space on the left side of the dragon :)
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
Big support, this is so cute!
Big support, this is so cute!
F60-DFEB2-D40-F-4-B07-A4-FE-51-FDC0-B173-EB.png
Aww, this is such a cute idea!
Aww, this is such a cute idea!
image.png . > she/her
> FRT +3
> Dragons for sale
> Voltsy's free dragons
> Half-an-egg
I like this idea, but I think I'd like it even more if you could expand it as part of a new tab in the "Physical Attributes/Battle Stats" area of the dragon's profile or even a set part of the Bio (think how we can add a vista but like...in the bio section) so that you can set an entire family for a dragon regardless of whether they're related according to the site or not.

I have a ton of loredragons and fandragons that don't share any actual lineage but do in my lore and I'd love to have a site-made way to show that off outside of bio coding.

Having a "distinguished spot" next to the dragon like in the mock-up would still be great, but I'd like it even better if you could pick or customize the "title" of the dragon? Some of my dragons don't have mates, but they do have best friends or siblings or minions that would be perfect to go in that spot instead.
I like this idea, but I think I'd like it even more if you could expand it as part of a new tab in the "Physical Attributes/Battle Stats" area of the dragon's profile or even a set part of the Bio (think how we can add a vista but like...in the bio section) so that you can set an entire family for a dragon regardless of whether they're related according to the site or not.

I have a ton of loredragons and fandragons that don't share any actual lineage but do in my lore and I'd love to have a site-made way to show that off outside of bio coding.

Having a "distinguished spot" next to the dragon like in the mock-up would still be great, but I'd like it even better if you could pick or customize the "title" of the dragon? Some of my dragons don't have mates, but they do have best friends or siblings or minions that would be perfect to go in that spot instead.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
This is so cute! When I saw the title I was a bit apprehensive, but now I've read the post I adore this idea :) 100% support
This is so cute! When I saw the title I was a bit apprehensive, but now I've read the post I adore this idea :) 100% support
LMLA6wg.png
Semi-Non-Support.
I don't necessarily like the connotation of a dragon being another dragon's familiar, even though it's definitely not the same as owning a pet.

I feel like the current dragon bios already allow this to happen, or perhaps we could get a different UI/menu just for our dragons to have different links to other dragons.

overall though, I definitely think the idea is cute! And otherwise have no issues with this suggestion.
Semi-Non-Support.
I don't necessarily like the connotation of a dragon being another dragon's familiar, even though it's definitely not the same as owning a pet.

I feel like the current dragon bios already allow this to happen, or perhaps we could get a different UI/menu just for our dragons to have different links to other dragons.

overall though, I definitely think the idea is cute! And otherwise have no issues with this suggestion.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
1 2 3 4 5