Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Concept] Eye Types: Oddity & Arachnid
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][color=#009E9B]Hello all, I figured this may be a good time to share some eye concepts I've been playing around with for a while, sorry if the post is too long! I originally dropped this post in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2989329/1][New Eye Types] Treefrog + Many More[/url], but I wasn't sure whether that thread was intended for more general eye concept posts or just the ones created by the original poster, so decided to move Oddity to it's own thread. Please check them out as well, their ideas are fantastic! [color=#65DBCC][b]Edit:[/b][/color] [color=#009E9B]Added a new eye type, Arachnid, which can be found further down this post. [/color] ----- [size=4][color=#65DBCC][b]Eye Type: Oddity[/b][/color][/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839108405616574474/839365614355480586/Vial_of_Strangesight.png[/img] [color=#009E9B][size=2][i]Vial of Strange Sight[/i][/size] Oddity uses thematically-fitting accent colors of the elemental flights to completely change the color of the iris, allowing players who are unsatisfied with their dragon's current elemental eye tones to try something very different from the usual selection available, without actually changing the dragon's element in the process. Each color selected is thematically or aesthetically associated with original flight in question, using colors oftentimes found in festival items for said flight. As an example, the golden irises for the Wind odd eyes were inspired from the golden bells, chimes, and yellow bird feathers featured on the festival apparel and vistas. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/839108405616574474/839108625599168542/Oddity_Eye_Examples_-_Light_Version.png[/img] [i]Open image in new tab for full size.[/i] ([url=https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/839108405616574474/839108652924141583/Oddity_Eye_Examples_-_Dark_Version.png]Dark Version[/url]) [size=2][i]Elements in order of appearance; [color=#009E9B]Lightning - Light - Shadow Earth - Water - Fire Plague - Ice - Wind Arcane - Nature[/i][/size] The color of the dragon's elemental flight are still visible on the sclera, although this distinction is harder to see on dragons with much smaller eyes. Although this may be detrimental for quick identification, breeds like Skydancers typically don't benefit from the double or modified tones associated with rare or unusual eyes nearly as much as other breeds can, and Oddity is designed to make these tones much more visible and distinct. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/839108405616574474/839108647115685948/Oddity_Eye_Breed_Examples_-_Light_Version.png[/img] [i]Open image in new tab for full size.[/i] ([url=https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/839108405616574474/839108636998369290/Oddity_Eye_Breed_Examples_-_Dark_Version.png]Dark Version[/url]) [size=2][i]Elements in Order of Appearance; Arcane - Water - Ice - Lightning - Plague[/i][/size] ----- [size=4][color=#65DBCC][b]Eye Type: Arachnid[/b][/color][/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839108405616574474/840189516257689660/Vial_of_Spidered_Sight.png[/img] [color=#009E9B][size=2][i]Vial of Spidered Sight[/i][/size] Requested by @Granitore, who mentioned wanting more eye types that break the standard eye lineart. I also happen to like spiders myself but I totally understand if they aren't everyone's cup of tea. Like Oddity, I feel these would be best suited as a Baldwin recipe or even a Coli drop, rather than being added to the pool of breedable eye types. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839108405616574474/840185891413819402/Arachnid_Eyes_Examples_-_White.png[/img] [i]Open image in new tab for full size.[/i] ([url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839108405616574474/840185887894929408/Arachnid_Eyes_Examples_-_Black.png]Dark Version[/url]) [size=2][i]Elements in order of appearance; [color=#009E9B]Lightning - Light - Shadow Earth - Water - Fire Plague - Ice - Wind Arcane - Nature[/i][/size] I decided against giving Mirrors only eight eyes like the rest, as having an "extra" pair is a hallmark of their species, and there are some types of real-world spider that have ten eyes. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839108405616574474/840185929347104778/Aracnid_Eyes_Breed_Examples_-_Light_Version.png[/img] [i]Open image in new tab for full size.[/i] ([url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839108405616574474/840185932011405352/Aracnid_Eyes_Breed_Examples_-_Dark_Version.png]Dark Version[/url]) [size=2][i]Elements in Order of Appearance; Light - Earth - Wind - Shadow - Fire[/i][/size] ----- [color=#009E9B] As always, let me know what you guys think. I'm sure a lot could be tweaked regarding color choices and design and I look forward to any feedback.
Hello all, I figured this may be a good time to share some eye concepts I've been playing around with for a while, sorry if the post is too long!

I originally dropped this post in [New Eye Types] Treefrog + Many More, but I wasn't sure whether that thread was intended for more general eye concept posts or just the ones created by the original poster, so decided to move Oddity to it's own thread. Please check them out as well, their ideas are fantastic!

Edit: Added a new eye type, Arachnid, which can be found further down this post.

Eye Type: Oddity

Vial_of_Strangesight.png
Vial of Strange Sight

Oddity uses thematically-fitting accent colors of the elemental flights to completely change the color of the iris, allowing players who are unsatisfied with their dragon's current elemental eye tones to try something very different from the usual selection available, without actually changing the dragon's element in the process.

Each color selected is thematically or aesthetically associated with original flight in question, using colors oftentimes found in festival items for said flight. As an example, the golden irises for the Wind odd eyes were inspired from the golden bells, chimes, and yellow bird feathers featured on the festival apparel and vistas.

Oddity_Eye_Examples_-_Light_Version.png
Open image in new tab for full size.
(Dark Version)
Elements in order of appearance;
Lightning - Light - Shadow
Earth - Water - Fire
Plague - Ice - Wind
Arcane - Nature

The color of the dragon's elemental flight are still visible on the sclera, although this distinction is harder to see on dragons with much smaller eyes. Although this may be detrimental for quick identification, breeds like Skydancers typically don't benefit from the double or modified tones associated with rare or unusual eyes nearly as much as other breeds can, and Oddity is designed to make these tones much more visible and distinct.

Oddity_Eye_Breed_Examples_-_Light_Version.png
(Dark Version)
Elements in Order of Appearance;
Arcane - Water - Ice - Lightning - Plague

Eye Type: Arachnid

Vial_of_Spidered_Sight.png
Vial of Spidered Sight

Requested by @Granitore, who mentioned wanting more eye types that break the standard eye lineart. I also happen to like spiders myself but I totally understand if they aren't everyone's cup of tea. Like Oddity, I feel these would be best suited as a Baldwin recipe or even a Coli drop, rather than being added to the pool of breedable eye types.

Arachnid_Eyes_Examples_-_White.png
(Dark Version)
Elements in order of appearance;
Lightning - Light - Shadow
Earth - Water - Fire
Plague - Ice - Wind
Arcane - Nature

I decided against giving Mirrors only eight eyes like the rest, as having an "extra" pair is a hallmark of their species, and there are some types of real-world spider that have ten eyes.

Aracnid_Eyes_Breed_Examples_-_Light_Version.png
(Dark Version)
Elements in Order of Appearance;
Light - Earth - Wind - Shadow - Fire

As always, let me know what you guys think. I'm sure a lot could be tweaked regarding color choices and design and I look forward to any feedback.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
Support, I love this! :D
Support, I love this! :D
I would LOVE this, though again, this would look pretty odd on breeds that don't have pupils (like mirrors or banescales). Then again, the way that the pupil is colored might bring justice to that still, so i'd say that this is a good idea!
I would LOVE this, though again, this would look pretty odd on breeds that don't have pupils (like mirrors or banescales). Then again, the way that the pupil is colored might bring justice to that still, so i'd say that this is a good idea!
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
Ahhhh, lovely, dual toned eyes are very cool! Support!
Ahhhh, lovely, dual toned eyes are very cool! Support!
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
Support, these would be great for my eyeburner collection. [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
Support, these would be great for my eyeburner collection.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
These are neat, support!
These are neat, support!
- Coli Addiction Quest/Challenge Thread
Yo? These are awesome! Totally support!
Yo? These are awesome! Totally support!
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I think these should be extremely rare, like a gem vial or from a boss or only during flight holidays. The reason for this is cause they are supposed to be “oddities”. Not so odd if it’s common. If it would be easy to get, then no support from me.
I think these should be extremely rare, like a gem vial or from a boss or only during flight holidays. The reason for this is cause they are supposed to be “oddities”. Not so odd if it’s common. If it would be easy to get, then no support from me.
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
Oh, these are [i]cool![/i] Total support. [quote name="Empedocles" date="2021-05-04 11:11:10" ] I think these should be extremely rare, like a gem vial or from a boss or only during flight holidays. The reason for this is cause they are supposed to be “oddities”. Not so odd if it’s common. If it would be easy to get, then no support from me. [/quote] Seconded that they make a lot more sense as something quite rare. Maybe a Night of the Nocturne drop? There's a whole lot of [i]odd[/i] associated with that event already, and eyes that could theoretically/lorewise be used to blend in with a different flight would for sure fit the theme.
Oh, these are cool! Total support.

Empedocles wrote on 2021-05-04 11:11:10:

Seconded that they make a lot more sense as something quite rare. Maybe a Night of the Nocturne drop? There's a whole lot of odd associated with that event already, and eyes that could theoretically/lorewise be used to blend in with a different flight would for sure fit the theme.
support ! the only little issue is figuring out how it can be the same effect for the breeds without pupils, as it's the whole point. but other than that, this is a great idea ! also i second the idea of this being a rare item (mp or coli)
support ! the only little issue is figuring out how it can be the same effect for the breeds without pupils, as it's the whole point. but other than that, this is a great idea ! also i second the idea of this being a rare item (mp or coli)
__ypte.png__ she/they | FR+9

» pixel adopts
» general art shop
» about
» other links
___
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9