Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Art Gallery/Display Window/Exhibit Hall
1 2
I collect certain things on the site (deity idols like the onyx Shadowbinder), and probably other people have things they collect too. Right now they're just cluttering up my vault. I'd like to show them off, but there's no way to do that. What I'd like to see is a player Art Gallery/Display Window/Exhibit Hall/whatever you want to call it, where we can show off our collections. It would be viewable by other players, and you can put descriptive text on each object to explain it, maybe as a mouseover. And it could have customizable tabs, like the lair and hibden tabs, so you can have multiple exhibits.

I collect certain things on the site (deity idols like the onyx Shadowbinder), and probably other people have things they collect too. Right now they're just cluttering up my vault. I'd like to show them off, but there's no way to do that. What I'd like to see is a player Art Gallery/Display Window/Exhibit Hall/whatever you want to call it, where we can show off our collections. It would be viewable by other players, and you can put descriptive text on each object to explain it, maybe as a mouseover. And it could have customizable tabs, like the lair and hibden tabs, so you can have multiple exhibits.

windmid.png
tumblr_nqzcnveuCa1uzc8vbo1_500.png
windmid.png
this would be pretty interesting, though it might be a little taxing on the servers with the custom item tooltips (if that's what you mean by giving items descriptive text), so half-support.
this would be pretty interesting, though it might be a little taxing on the servers with the custom item tooltips (if that's what you mean by giving items descriptive text), so half-support.
[quote name="xev" date="2021-04-19 11:47:09" ] this would be pretty interesting, though it might be a little taxing on the servers with the custom item tooltips (if that's what you mean by giving items descriptive text), so half-support. [/quote] Yeah, it could be done as a tooltip, or just a text box underneath. Come to think of it, you don't want the description competing with the existing item tooltip, so the text box would be better.
xev wrote on 2021-04-19 11:47:09:

Yeah, it could be done as a tooltip, or just a text box underneath. Come to think of it, you don't want the description competing with the existing item tooltip, so the text box would be better.
windmid.png
tumblr_nqzcnveuCa1uzc8vbo1_500.png
windmid.png
No support, FR isn’t a site for artists even though there are plenty here. Use your dragon bios, forum threads, or clan bio (which I support increasing the viewing space of).
No support, FR isn’t a site for artists even though there are plenty here. Use your dragon bios, forum threads, or clan bio (which I support increasing the viewing space of).
[quote name="@Crowbar" date="2021-04-19 12:35:39" ] No support, FR isn’t a site for artists even though there are plenty here. Use your dragon bios, forum threads, or clan bio (which I support increasing the viewing space of). [/quote] Just want to point out this isn't for displaying art, but rather FR items, such as the chess pieces and so on... I support a gallery function. I think it would make a good treasure sink. Have it start out with 10 spaces for items, and you have to pay 100 treasure a space for more (or maybe a bit more). You can also buy 'tabs' which you can add a dragon 'caretaker' and potentially select from various backgrounds (chosen by the site) and give a description to. Like lair space, you would be able to allocate your gallery space as you wish among the tabs. However, no support at all for custom tooltips/text boxes for each item. It seems to me like it would be a lot of extra data needed to be kept for each slot in the gallery, and it also seems like it would be a good way for people to slip things in that they shouldn't (while it would be moderated, imagine someone having a 5,000 space gallery, and having to moderate each and every item in that gallery).
@Crowbar wrote on 2021-04-19 12:35:39:
Just want to point out this isn't for displaying art, but rather FR items, such as the chess pieces and so on...

I support a gallery function. I think it would make a good treasure sink.

Have it start out with 10 spaces for items, and you have to pay 100 treasure a space for more (or maybe a bit more).

You can also buy 'tabs' which you can add a dragon 'caretaker' and potentially select from various backgrounds (chosen by the site) and give a description to.

Like lair space, you would be able to allocate your gallery space as you wish among the tabs.

However, no support at all for custom tooltips/text boxes for each item. It seems to me like it would be a lot of extra data needed to be kept for each slot in the gallery, and it also seems like it would be a good way for people to slip things in that they shouldn't (while it would be moderated, imagine someone having a 5,000 space gallery, and having to moderate each and every item in that gallery).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I do really like the idea of a gallery, and I love Jemadar's treasure sink expansion, tabs and caretakers ideas!
I think the description for that (as well as the caretaker dragon's bio) would fill the role of item descriptions tbh, as if anything needs to be specified about an item specifically, you could use either field to indicate that.
I do really like the idea of a gallery, and I love Jemadar's treasure sink expansion, tabs and caretakers ideas!
I think the description for that (as well as the caretaker dragon's bio) would fill the role of item descriptions tbh, as if anything needs to be specified about an item specifically, you could use either field to indicate that.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-04-19 13:17:43" ] [quote name="@Crowbar" date="2021-04-19 12:35:39" ] No support, FR isn’t a site for artists even though there are plenty here. Use your dragon bios, forum threads, or clan bio (which I support increasing the viewing space of). [/quote] Just want to point out this isn't for displaying art, but rather FR items, such as the chess pieces and so on... [/quote] Still no support, again people can still use dragon bios and whatnot. There's lots of BBCode tricks out there now to give them fancy layouts. IMO these types of feature suggestions always come off as redundant. All it is a display area, which everyone already has.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-04-19 13:17:43:
@Crowbar wrote on 2021-04-19 12:35:39:
Just want to point out this isn't for displaying art, but rather FR items, such as the chess pieces and so on...

Still no support, again people can still use dragon bios and whatnot. There's lots of BBCode tricks out there now to give them fancy layouts. IMO these types of feature suggestions always come off as redundant. All it is a display area, which everyone already has.
I like Jemadar's suggestion, and yes, I acknowledge that dragon bios already exist.
I like Jemadar's suggestion, and yes, I acknowledge that dragon bios already exist.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2021-04-19 16:18:49" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-04-19 13:17:43" ] [quote name="Crowbar" date="2021-04-19 12:35:39" ] No support, FR isn’t a site for artists even though there are plenty here. Use your dragon bios, forum threads, or clan bio (which I support increasing the viewing space of). [/quote] Just want to point out this isn't for displaying art, but rather FR items, such as the chess pieces and so on... [/quote] Still no support, again people can still use dragon bios and whatnot. There's lots of BBCode tricks out there now to give them fancy layouts. IMO these types of feature suggestions always come off as redundant. All it is a display area, which everyone already has. [/quote] Dragon bios sure do exist, but I still support Jemadar's suggestion. Just because you personally wouldn't use something doesn't mean it's redundant. I could put a hundred Booleans in a dragon bio, but that wouldn't mean I actually owned any Booleans. People collect on FR, people like to play with the idea of at least parts of their hoard actually existing in their lore, and I think this could be a really fun way of expanding that beyond screenshots of a vault page. Fiona-aspiring dragon keeping an eye on your awakened familiars? Check! Chef dragon with an actual ingredients cupboard? Heck yeah! Librarian with an actual library? Absolutely! Can this be done playerside in a bio? Sure, kinda. But why on earth should that stop the site from giving that little extra touch?
Crowbar wrote on 2021-04-19 16:18:49:
Jemadar wrote on 2021-04-19 13:17:43:
Crowbar wrote on 2021-04-19 12:35:39:

Still no support, again people can still use dragon bios and whatnot. There's lots of BBCode tricks out there now to give them fancy layouts. IMO these types of feature suggestions always come off as redundant. All it is a display area, which everyone already has.
Dragon bios sure do exist, but I still support Jemadar's suggestion. Just because you personally wouldn't use something doesn't mean it's redundant. I could put a hundred Booleans in a dragon bio, but that wouldn't mean I actually owned any Booleans. People collect on FR, people like to play with the idea of at least parts of their hoard actually existing in their lore, and I think this could be a really fun way of expanding that beyond screenshots of a vault page. Fiona-aspiring dragon keeping an eye on your awakened familiars? Check! Chef dragon with an actual ingredients cupboard? Heck yeah! Librarian with an actual library? Absolutely! Can this be done playerside in a bio? Sure, kinda. But why on earth should that stop the site from giving that little extra touch?
wq9PoXA.png
There's an old Suggestion thread for Personal Dragon Hoards as a new item sink and I definitely support any variation of that if that's what you mean with this suggestion.

I couldn't find the thread for it but there was a variation that didn't act as an item sink which I also could support.
There's an old Suggestion thread for Personal Dragon Hoards as a new item sink and I definitely support any variation of that if that's what you mean with this suggestion.

I couldn't find the thread for it but there was a variation that didn't act as an item sink which I also could support.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
1 2