Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Battlestone expansion
1 2 3
Big support for more recolors.

I've got a dragon I leveled months ago and would like to be using but she's got a spooky black and green aesthetic and I just don't want to put a bright red Elim on her. I'd be so happy if I could give her stones that fit her looks. I put a fair bit of effort into perfecting everything else about her, it feels lousy not to be able to top that off with battle stones that match.

I also train my Eternal Youth dragons to 25 before scrolling them and I like to give them stats and junk stones that fit them either thematically or color-wise. It would be a LOT easier to do that if there were more colors available, since I'm not a stickler for eyes matching a dragon's colors often the only stones that go with their looks are elemental ones of the wrong element.

Just... Please can we have some new options to make our coli dragons a little more interesting and individual?
Big support for more recolors.

I've got a dragon I leveled months ago and would like to be using but she's got a spooky black and green aesthetic and I just don't want to put a bright red Elim on her. I'd be so happy if I could give her stones that fit her looks. I put a fair bit of effort into perfecting everything else about her, it feels lousy not to be able to top that off with battle stones that match.

I also train my Eternal Youth dragons to 25 before scrolling them and I like to give them stats and junk stones that fit them either thematically or color-wise. It would be a LOT easier to do that if there were more colors available, since I'm not a stickler for eyes matching a dragon's colors often the only stones that go with their looks are elemental ones of the wrong element.

Just... Please can we have some new options to make our coli dragons a little more interesting and individual?
I would love this! The dragon that I have Silverglow Meditate on looks so perfect using it, and I have an Irradiated Scratch I don't even really like on another dragon just for an attempt at variety/flavor (there's nothing wrong with the stone, it's just not quite right for that dragon), which I'd love to replace with something more fitting.

I will note that Eliminate recolors are going to spike Eliminate prices again as people re-stone permas, so that's...a thing. I still support their existence, but oof, it's going to be rough while people restone their permas.
I would love this! The dragon that I have Silverglow Meditate on looks so perfect using it, and I have an Irradiated Scratch I don't even really like on another dragon just for an attempt at variety/flavor (there's nothing wrong with the stone, it's just not quite right for that dragon), which I'd love to replace with something more fitting.

I will note that Eliminate recolors are going to spike Eliminate prices again as people re-stone permas, so that's...a thing. I still support their existence, but oof, it's going to be rough while people restone their permas.
[quote name="nonisland" date="2021-04-20 13:15:53" ] I will note that Eliminate recolors are going to spike Eliminate prices again as people re-stone permas, so that's...a thing. I still support their existence, but oof, it's going to be rough while people restone their permas. [/quote] It's come up when this was suggested before that a potion or something be made available (along with the brews for the stones themselves) that can be used on already equipped stones to turn them into a recolor version. I'm not sure how hard that would be to actually implement but it seems like it should be possible and that would be a lot more fair than expecting everybody to overwrite expensive existing stones just to get a cosmetic difference.
nonisland wrote on 2021-04-20 13:15:53:

It's come up when this was suggested before that a potion or something be made available (along with the brews for the stones themselves) that can be used on already equipped stones to turn them into a recolor version. I'm not sure how hard that would be to actually implement but it seems like it should be possible and that would be a lot more fair than expecting everybody to overwrite expensive existing stones just to get a cosmetic difference.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2021-04-20 16:22:38" ] [quote name="nonisland" date="2021-04-20 13:15:53" ] I will note that Eliminate recolors are going to spike Eliminate prices again as people re-stone permas, so that's...a thing. I still support their existence, but oof, it's going to be rough while people restone their permas. [/quote] It's come up when this was suggested before that a potion or something be made available (along with the brews for the stones themselves) that can be used on already equipped stones to turn them into a recolor version. I'm not sure how hard that would be to actually implement but it seems like it should be possible and that would be a lot more fair than expecting everybody to overwrite expensive existing stones just to get a cosmetic difference. [/quote] They could have a mini one time event that lasts a week or so for the release of new coli stones and simply increase drop rates for the week for all battle stones so people can access them. It may also be fun to add a coliseum bonus experience to the event to give people the ability to level up their coli teams. In fact it would be an amazing idea to do alongside the release of pvp in the coliseum. Boosted coli stone drops, boosted experience, and pvp.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2021-04-20 16:22:38:

It's come up when this was suggested before that a potion or something be made available (along with the brews for the stones themselves) that can be used on already equipped stones to turn them into a recolor version. I'm not sure how hard that would be to actually implement but it seems like it should be possible and that would be a lot more fair than expecting everybody to overwrite expensive existing stones just to get a cosmetic difference.

They could have a mini one time event that lasts a week or so for the release of new coli stones and simply increase drop rates for the week for all battle stones so people can access them. It may also be fun to add a coliseum bonus experience to the event to give people the ability to level up their coli teams.

In fact it would be an amazing idea to do alongside the release of pvp in the coliseum. Boosted coli stone drops, boosted experience, and pvp.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-04-20 16:36:04" ] [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2021-04-20 16:22:38" ] [quote name="nonisland" date="2021-04-20 13:15:53" ] I will note that Eliminate recolors are going to spike Eliminate prices again as people re-stone permas, so that's...a thing. I still support their existence, but oof, it's going to be rough while people restone their permas. [/quote] It's come up when this was suggested before that a potion or something be made available (along with the brews for the stones themselves) that can be used on already equipped stones to turn them into a recolor version. I'm not sure how hard that would be to actually implement but it seems like it should be possible and that would be a lot more fair than expecting everybody to overwrite expensive existing stones just to get a cosmetic difference. [/quote] They could have a mini one time event that lasts a week or so for the release of new coli stones and simply increase drop rates for the week for all battle stones so people can access them. It may also be fun to add a coliseum bonus experience to the event to give people the ability to level up their coli teams. In fact it would be an amazing idea to do alongside the release of pvp in the coliseum. Boosted coli stone drops, boosted experience, and pvp. [/quote] oh that would be fun. Especially because with pvp players would be able to "show off" their shiny new aesthetics by battling each other.
Mystiek wrote on 2021-04-20 16:36:04:

They could have a mini one time event that lasts a week or so for the release of new coli stones and simply increase drop rates for the week for all battle stones so people can access them. It may also be fun to add a coliseum bonus experience to the event to give people the ability to level up their coli teams.

In fact it would be an amazing idea to do alongside the release of pvp in the coliseum. Boosted coli stone drops, boosted experience, and pvp.
oh that would be fun. Especially because with pvp players would be able to "show off" their shiny new aesthetics by battling each other.
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-04-20 16:36:04" ] [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2021-04-20 16:22:38" ] [quote name="nonisland" date="2021-04-20 13:15:53" ] I will note that Eliminate recolors are going to spike Eliminate prices again as people re-stone permas, so that's...a thing. I still support their existence, but oof, it's going to be rough while people restone their permas. [/quote] It's come up when this was suggested before that a potion or something be made available (along with the brews for the stones themselves) that can be used on already equipped stones to turn them into a recolor version. I'm not sure how hard that would be to actually implement but it seems like it should be possible and that would be a lot more fair than expecting everybody to overwrite expensive existing stones just to get a cosmetic difference. [/quote] They could have a mini one time event that lasts a week or so for the release of new coli stones and simply increase drop rates for the week for all battle stones so people can access them. It may also be fun to add a coliseum bonus experience to the event to give people the ability to level up their coli teams. In fact it would be an amazing idea to do alongside the release of pvp in the coliseum. Boosted coli stone drops, boosted experience, and pvp. [/quote] Oh, I love this! (I also like the potion idea.) The event would be great for newbies/people just getting into coli--I know we have the food festivals but stone drops for newcomers would be huge.
Mystiek wrote on 2021-04-20 16:36:04:

Oh, I love this! (I also like the potion idea.) The event would be great for newbies/people just getting into coli--I know we have the food festivals but stone drops for newcomers would be huge.
Support, especially for more recolour battlestones.
Support, especially for more recolour battlestones.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
I don't have battle effects turned on because jank computer but it's a cute idea and there would be absolutely no harm in just going into the image file and moving some sliders around for a new way to further customize your battlers. If this were implemented, it might even encourage more people to play in coli! I support.
I don't have battle effects turned on because jank computer but it's a cute idea and there would be absolutely no harm in just going into the image file and moving some sliders around for a new way to further customize your battlers. If this were implemented, it might even encourage more people to play in coli! I support.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
Of course, recolors are nice! Support!

I don't understand "what we have is good enough." The Coli could seriously benefit from an array of new battle stones (one with a lower attack but couldn't be dodged, one with a lower attack but high critical hit odd, magical eliminate, weaker attacks that hit multiple targets, attacks that buff or debuff upon contact, etc etc). And having an array of colors is good for lore and people's aesthetics and it's just easier for the staff to crank out content between major updates.
Of course, recolors are nice! Support!

I don't understand "what we have is good enough." The Coli could seriously benefit from an array of new battle stones (one with a lower attack but couldn't be dodged, one with a lower attack but high critical hit odd, magical eliminate, weaker attacks that hit multiple targets, attacks that buff or debuff upon contact, etc etc). And having an array of colors is good for lore and people's aesthetics and it's just easier for the staff to crank out content between major updates.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Recolors heck yes! We all enjoy aesthetic, it's half the name of the game!

I'm not sure about recoloring elemental attacks, unless they became blatantly not some other element- IE, rainbow and black, fine, but turning a water bolt(blue) to red(plague), not fine by me.

Especiallyyyyyy in PVP. No support for anything that might even accidentally give a player a disadvantage (especially because eyes can be hard to see and of course elemental matchups will be the name of the game.)

However, as 'matchy' as it might be to have elemental eliminates, that would unfortunately unbalance things in a big way! Currently, I beleive each elemental 'major' attack (like sear(fire) and enamor(light) off the top of my head) IS a counterpart to eliminate- A massive attack with a lot of breath cost, but instead of refunding breath, it can add statuses.

Mages get breath very easily, it's their primary function (meditate). Losing breath on a mage is not a death sentence. However, attackers, who have to scrape up their breath with scratch- Using a huge amount of breath at once? Risky! Hence why the refund, so it pays off.

No support for elemental eliminates, BIG support for more recolors with slight limitations for fairness!
Recolors heck yes! We all enjoy aesthetic, it's half the name of the game!

I'm not sure about recoloring elemental attacks, unless they became blatantly not some other element- IE, rainbow and black, fine, but turning a water bolt(blue) to red(plague), not fine by me.

Especiallyyyyyy in PVP. No support for anything that might even accidentally give a player a disadvantage (especially because eyes can be hard to see and of course elemental matchups will be the name of the game.)

However, as 'matchy' as it might be to have elemental eliminates, that would unfortunately unbalance things in a big way! Currently, I beleive each elemental 'major' attack (like sear(fire) and enamor(light) off the top of my head) IS a counterpart to eliminate- A massive attack with a lot of breath cost, but instead of refunding breath, it can add statuses.

Mages get breath very easily, it's their primary function (meditate). Losing breath on a mage is not a death sentence. However, attackers, who have to scrape up their breath with scratch- Using a huge amount of breath at once? Risky! Hence why the refund, so it pays off.

No support for elemental eliminates, BIG support for more recolors with slight limitations for fairness!
1 2 3