Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Front page dragon limited to active
1 2 3
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2021-04-19 19:29:16" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-04-18 18:02:16" ] also, since this is a fairly frequent topic, in before the 'well the random dragon isn't actually dragon NOW!', to be honest, I would rather relax the 'rules' for the random dragon, to include (if they don't already) unnamed, hatchlings, whether EY or not, and I would even be for exalted dragons showing up, but I understand why they don't. [/quote] I did see a PC hatchling on the front page today, no idea if it was EY or not. So at least there is some variety there! but anywho my opinions on this aren't super strong but I think it's best to allow any non-exalted adult or EY dragon to appear on the front page, regardless of user activity. [s]Only reason I would exclude regular hatchlings is because I feel most are destined to be fodder.[/s] EDIT: Changed my mind, the ratio of non-exalted hatchlings to adults is so small, might as well throw them in the pool. [/quote] Thanks, I *thought* I had seen an hatchling once on the front page, a coatl with blue/violet/royal iri/shim/glim (how do I know? it fueled my desire to get Vael and Ilora :D) but couldn't be sure, and couldn't find that dragon again (probably got changed to something different)
Crowbar wrote on 2021-04-19 19:29:16:
Jemadar wrote on 2021-04-18 18:02:16:
also, since this is a fairly frequent topic, in before the 'well the random dragon isn't actually dragon NOW!', to be honest, I would rather relax the 'rules' for the random dragon, to include (if they don't already) unnamed, hatchlings, whether EY or not, and I would even be for exalted dragons showing up, but I understand why they don't.

I did see a PC hatchling on the front page today, no idea if it was EY or not. So at least there is some variety there!

but anywho my opinions on this aren't super strong but I think it's best to allow any non-exalted adult or EY dragon to appear on the front page, regardless of user activity. Only reason I would exclude regular hatchlings is because I feel most are destined to be fodder. EDIT: Changed my mind, the ratio of non-exalted hatchlings to adults is so small, might as well throw them in the pool.
Thanks, I *thought* I had seen an hatchling once on the front page, a coatl with blue/violet/royal iri/shim/glim (how do I know? it fueled my desire to get Vael and Ilora :D) but couldn't be sure, and couldn't find that dragon again (probably got changed to something different)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I don't see why it matters, I really don't.

I don't know why anyone ever does more than glance at the random dragon anyway and if you're seeking inspiration, why does it matter if it's active or not?

I've been active since the first Light festival in 2013 and half of my dragons (maybe more) are triple basic, undressed gremlins. Counterpoint that loads of inactive dragons are fully gened, wonderfully dressed beauties.
I don't see why it matters, I really don't.

I don't know why anyone ever does more than glance at the random dragon anyway and if you're seeking inspiration, why does it matter if it's active or not?

I've been active since the first Light festival in 2013 and half of my dragons (maybe more) are triple basic, undressed gremlins. Counterpoint that loads of inactive dragons are fully gened, wonderfully dressed beauties.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
No support.
I'd rather have the biggest range possible to choose from, because it will appeal to all aesthetic tastes and player seniority.

I still like some of the older genes, and dislike lots of apparel and skins that completely cover up the dragon. Many undressed dragons on the front page (on active and possibly inactive accounts alike) have provided inspiration for me because I could see at a quick glance if the dragon itself had pretty colors, and then I'd check it to see which colors and genes they were. I almost never look at dragons that are fully covered up with apparel and a skin.

Personally, there's quite a few genes that I look at, and can't tell whether they're older or newer (based on implementation or quality of design, I mean), so even if active actually = having up-to-date genes, you can't tell by their appearance.

To address the point of giving active users a better chance to see their dragons up front, it's just not something I've ever seen as special. My dragons weren't chosen for any special reason, nor were they up for long enough for lots of people to see them.
No support.
I'd rather have the biggest range possible to choose from, because it will appeal to all aesthetic tastes and player seniority.

I still like some of the older genes, and dislike lots of apparel and skins that completely cover up the dragon. Many undressed dragons on the front page (on active and possibly inactive accounts alike) have provided inspiration for me because I could see at a quick glance if the dragon itself had pretty colors, and then I'd check it to see which colors and genes they were. I almost never look at dragons that are fully covered up with apparel and a skin.

Personally, there's quite a few genes that I look at, and can't tell whether they're older or newer (based on implementation or quality of design, I mean), so even if active actually = having up-to-date genes, you can't tell by their appearance.

To address the point of giving active users a better chance to see their dragons up front, it's just not something I've ever seen as special. My dragons weren't chosen for any special reason, nor were they up for long enough for lots of people to see them.
No support, I like seeing dragons people make for the potential they could have, in color, genes, and clothing. This isnt limited to active accounts, plenty of inactive accounts have beautiful dragons.

Dragons from inactive accounts hurt absolutely nothing, so why change it?
No support, I like seeing dragons people make for the potential they could have, in color, genes, and clothing. This isnt limited to active accounts, plenty of inactive accounts have beautiful dragons.

Dragons from inactive accounts hurt absolutely nothing, so why change it?
No support. There are plenty of wonderful dragons from accounts that aren't active any more, and I think they still deserve the chance to be spotlit.
No support. There are plenty of wonderful dragons from accounts that aren't active any more, and I think they still deserve the chance to be spotlit.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
Support! Yes, there are cool dragons in older accounts, but I think active players should at least get a chance to have their dragon there- and to actually compliment an active player about their dragons when saying 'Hey, (dragon) was on the front page, super pretty!'
I'd at least really support active players having more of a chance- like people with dragons fed over 80% get a +5% chance to get their dragons put on the front page!
Support! Yes, there are cool dragons in older accounts, but I think active players should at least get a chance to have their dragon there- and to actually compliment an active player about their dragons when saying 'Hey, (dragon) was on the front page, super pretty!'
I'd at least really support active players having more of a chance- like people with dragons fed over 80% get a +5% chance to get their dragons put on the front page!
1 2 3