Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | ]Marva] Stick to recolours of a single..
1 2
For Marva items the devs should stick to recolours of a single item or only have very small design differences. This would hopefully reduce the chance of another lanyard mess.

Yes people will always find something to argue about but but having one item in multiple colours, like the sweaters might reduce that likelihood of forum blowups.

Having the colour of the chest correlate to the item colour would also help I think. Many people chose the lanyard chest due to the (subjective) nicer colours then got something that didn't in any way match. To my understanding none of the chests matched the item colours, seeing as the plush and mask were similar brownish colours.
For Marva items the devs should stick to recolours of a single item or only have very small design differences. This would hopefully reduce the chance of another lanyard mess.

Yes people will always find something to argue about but but having one item in multiple colours, like the sweaters might reduce that likelihood of forum blowups.

Having the colour of the chest correlate to the item colour would also help I think. Many people chose the lanyard chest due to the (subjective) nicer colours then got something that didn't in any way match. To my understanding none of the chests matched the item colours, seeing as the plush and mask were similar brownish colours.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
The lanyard's my favorite of the three. I'm glad they went with a range of different items, so there's 3 different things added to rusted, iron, and gilded chests that anyone can get in the future.

The gag gifts shouldn't be constrained by any metric other than "gag gift." If one of them's a whoopee cushion and the other's a rubber nose, and anyone wants to pretend like one of those is inherently superior to the other, then that's their problem. They're all free gifts. If you sell yours for 5g, you get a 5g profit you can use towards buying something else you prefer.

The color of the item doesn't always have to correlate to the contents. Some years the color is a clue, some years it's random. The point of the rotating-then-later-revealed chest is to add a layer of mystery.
The lanyard's my favorite of the three. I'm glad they went with a range of different items, so there's 3 different things added to rusted, iron, and gilded chests that anyone can get in the future.

The gag gifts shouldn't be constrained by any metric other than "gag gift." If one of them's a whoopee cushion and the other's a rubber nose, and anyone wants to pretend like one of those is inherently superior to the other, then that's their problem. They're all free gifts. If you sell yours for 5g, you get a 5g profit you can use towards buying something else you prefer.

The color of the item doesn't always have to correlate to the contents. Some years the color is a clue, some years it's random. The point of the rotating-then-later-revealed chest is to add a layer of mystery.
I have to agree with Dreu.

I got the lanyard, and while I have to say it is my favorite of the three, it isn't because I actually like the lanyard, but rather because I am just not interested in Luminax stuff, so no matter which of the three I got there would have been slight disappointment for me. I am, however, happy that other people like them because I know that many people like Luminax.

I would also prefer that the marva gag gifts not be contrained by anything other than matching the particular april fool's prank (which I have to admit, these didn't really). Otherwise we probably would never have gotten the emperor's new clothes or the invisibility cloak. Nor would we have gotten the buttersnake or phoenix familiars.
I have to agree with Dreu.

I got the lanyard, and while I have to say it is my favorite of the three, it isn't because I actually like the lanyard, but rather because I am just not interested in Luminax stuff, so no matter which of the three I got there would have been slight disappointment for me. I am, however, happy that other people like them because I know that many people like Luminax.

I would also prefer that the marva gag gifts not be contrained by anything other than matching the particular april fool's prank (which I have to admit, these didn't really). Otherwise we probably would never have gotten the emperor's new clothes or the invisibility cloak. Nor would we have gotten the buttersnake or phoenix familiars.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The devs shouldn’t listen to users trying to tell them how to run their game, though. They made them as a homage/mod to us, as Aq replied here:
Quote:
Okay, I believe this thread has run its course, and I'm locking it. Thank you to everyone who made a good faith effort to engage in constructive discussion.

To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with "precious baby, must protect!" but we were. Banescale Laughing

One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you.

More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay.

I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts.

You can’t please a vocal minority to the detriment of a silent majority.
The devs shouldn’t listen to users trying to tell them how to run their game, though. They made them as a homage/mod to us, as Aq replied here:
Quote:
Okay, I believe this thread has run its course, and I'm locking it. Thank you to everyone who made a good faith effort to engage in constructive discussion.

To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with "precious baby, must protect!" but we were. Banescale Laughing

One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you.

More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay.

I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts.

You can’t please a vocal minority to the detriment of a silent majority.
[quote name="Avessa" date="2021-04-06 10:29:04" ] Yes people will always find something to argue about but but having one item in multiple colours, like the sweaters might reduce that likelihood of forum blowups. [/quote] I do not like this implication for free gag gifts specifically because this particular "blowup" does seem more like a child's temper tantrum rather than an actual problem that must be solved as the items aren't retired or anything, they are going to be fully available via random chest drop (compare and contrast with the Eye-pocalipse or Marva's Invisibility Cloak).
Avessa wrote on 2021-04-06 10:29:04:

I do not like this implication for free gag gifts specifically because this particular "blowup" does seem more like a child's temper tantrum rather than an actual problem that must be solved as the items aren't retired or anything, they are going to be fully available via random chest drop (compare and contrast with the Eye-pocalipse or Marva's Invisibility Cloak).
JQQ3Fjt.png
I don't think there should be rules like this when it comes to Marva. In fact, I prefer when there is a variety of items vs recolors.
If I end up not liking the single Marva item that year, there is a good chance I won't like any of the recolors. But if there are three items, like there are this year, I may like 2 and dislike 1, or like 1 and dislike 2.

I don't think there should be rules like this when it comes to Marva. In fact, I prefer when there is a variety of items vs recolors.
If I end up not liking the single Marva item that year, there is a good chance I won't like any of the recolors. But if there are three items, like there are this year, I may like 2 and dislike 1, or like 1 and dislike 2.

ZQGfAQY.png
There isn't anything wrong with getting a variety of items. Let the devs be creative and have fun when making gifts for us
There isn't anything wrong with getting a variety of items. Let the devs be creative and have fun when making gifts for us
She/Her
Adult
Untitled18_20230718164049.png
Actually I much much prefer the variety of items. Without redesigns, we wouldn't have gotten the eyes? the masks? This delightful set? The phoenix & buttersnake? Having more diversity means there is more of a chance of getting something you're fond of released. For example, some people may prefer head apparel while others may have liked neck apparel or so on.

It's an april fools item, it's a joke gift, it's supposed to be weird or absurd or funny or non-serious. I feel like the mistake is assuming that a prank gift is going to be some serious and high quality thing.

I don't think we should try to limit their creativity with joke gifts. I would love to see more sets like this that are just totally odd and out there and silly. It's supposed to be a surprise where you have no idea what will come out, and that's the fun. Like, the forums were so fun and a wild ride right before we got to open it up because who knows what to expect!
Actually I much much prefer the variety of items. Without redesigns, we wouldn't have gotten the eyes? the masks? This delightful set? The phoenix & buttersnake? Having more diversity means there is more of a chance of getting something you're fond of released. For example, some people may prefer head apparel while others may have liked neck apparel or so on.

It's an april fools item, it's a joke gift, it's supposed to be weird or absurd or funny or non-serious. I feel like the mistake is assuming that a prank gift is going to be some serious and high quality thing.

I don't think we should try to limit their creativity with joke gifts. I would love to see more sets like this that are just totally odd and out there and silly. It's supposed to be a surprise where you have no idea what will come out, and that's the fun. Like, the forums were so fun and a wild ride right before we got to open it up because who knows what to expect!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Come on, seriously? The items aren't retired, you can still get them. Let everyone else have fun even if you personally don't like one of the items.
Come on, seriously? The items aren't retired, you can still get them. Let everyone else have fun even if you personally don't like one of the items.
I am slightly disappointed I got a lanyard instead of a plush but it’s alright as I’ll be able to get the plushy or mask at a later date from a chest. I actually liked the different itmes as it appeals to different tastes. The lanyard could be used for other purposes (for example press pass or scientist swipe cars) while the plushie or mask would be less used for someone who isn’t a lumi fan
I am slightly disappointed I got a lanyard instead of a plush but it’s alright as I’ll be able to get the plushy or mask at a later date from a chest. I actually liked the different itmes as it appeals to different tastes. The lanyard could be used for other purposes (for example press pass or scientist swipe cars) while the plushie or mask would be less used for someone who isn’t a lumi fan
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2