Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The Eyes Have It
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
No support for clanbound vials. I don't like clanbound anything, but that's a whole other matter.

Clanbound vials would, and DO in the case of goat, hurt everyone. They hurt people who don't want to use them since they can't directly sell them. They hurt people who want them but didn't have an account when they were being given out or for whatever other reason couldn't pick them up in time because they can't just get the vial, they have to choose a dragon to have it applied to, send it to a seller, have the seller apply the eyes, then send the dragon back. That entire process is unsanctioned and there is nothing preventing someone from making off with someone else's dragon and facing no consequences because as far as the tos and staff are concerned, the buyer gave away their dragon.

There's no easy way to price check clanbound vials. There's no way to buy one for a progen. Why punish people who for whatever reason don't or can't interact with whatever mechanism there is to get vials? If it can't be sold on the AH, then it'll be sold by way of these unsanctioned trades. There's no way around that and no way to stop it. And even then, what's so wrong with going through the process of getting a vial and then selling it?
No support for clanbound vials. I don't like clanbound anything, but that's a whole other matter.

Clanbound vials would, and DO in the case of goat, hurt everyone. They hurt people who don't want to use them since they can't directly sell them. They hurt people who want them but didn't have an account when they were being given out or for whatever other reason couldn't pick them up in time because they can't just get the vial, they have to choose a dragon to have it applied to, send it to a seller, have the seller apply the eyes, then send the dragon back. That entire process is unsanctioned and there is nothing preventing someone from making off with someone else's dragon and facing no consequences because as far as the tos and staff are concerned, the buyer gave away their dragon.

There's no easy way to price check clanbound vials. There's no way to buy one for a progen. Why punish people who for whatever reason don't or can't interact with whatever mechanism there is to get vials? If it can't be sold on the AH, then it'll be sold by way of these unsanctioned trades. There's no way around that and no way to stop it. And even then, what's so wrong with going through the process of getting a vial and then selling it?
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-04-08 09:19:07" ] I don't think I understand how making them clanbound increases value of fodder-price special eyes over not making them clanbound tbh. Either way they're going to be bought for vial creation, and either way some people are going to decide they want to breed their own (whether as a project or just breeding their own fodder special eyes) [/quote] Since you can't sell the vials, you try to sell the dragons to people who want the vials. That would bump up the value so people make money out of it if they have no desire to get the vials. Idk if in reality that would happen but it's a possibility. I dunno if I just think to capitalistic and others don't think this way but if I had a bunch of money to spend, I'd buy up a ton of those and resell them for higher to people who want to exalt them for vials. Does that make sense? QwQ
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-04-08 09:19:07:
I don't think I understand how making them clanbound increases value of fodder-price special eyes over not making them clanbound tbh. Either way they're going to be bought for vial creation, and either way some people are going to decide they want to breed their own (whether as a project or just breeding their own fodder special eyes)

Since you can't sell the vials, you try to sell the dragons to people who want the vials. That would bump up the value so people make money out of it if they have no desire to get the vials. Idk if in reality that would happen but it's a possibility. I dunno if I just think to capitalistic and others don't think this way but if I had a bunch of money to spend, I'd buy up a ton of those and resell them for higher to people who want to exalt them for vials. Does that make sense? QwQ
[quote name="Anjoulas" date="2021-04-08 14:23:45" ] [quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-04-08 09:19:07" ] I don't think I understand how making them clanbound increases value of fodder-price special eyes over not making them clanbound tbh. Either way they're going to be bought for vial creation, and either way some people are going to decide they want to breed their own (whether as a project or just breeding their own fodder special eyes) [/quote] Since you can't sell the vials, you try to sell the dragons to people who want the vials. That would bump up the value so people make money out of it if they have no desire to get the vials. Idk if in reality that would happen but it's a possibility. I dunno if I just think to capitalistic and others don't think this way but if I had a bunch of money to spend, I'd buy up a ton of those and resell them for higher to people who want to exalt them for vials. Does that make sense? QwQ [/quote] I mean, if you wanted to profit off of this you would buy a bunch regardless - If the vials were clanbound, you could just resell rare eye dragons. If they were not clanbound, you could make them into vials and sell [i]those[/i]. People are going to buy rare eye dragons to profit from whether the vials are clanbound or not, the only difference is whether there's the middle step of getting a vial from them.
Anjoulas wrote on 2021-04-08 14:23:45:
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-04-08 09:19:07:
I don't think I understand how making them clanbound increases value of fodder-price special eyes over not making them clanbound tbh. Either way they're going to be bought for vial creation, and either way some people are going to decide they want to breed their own (whether as a project or just breeding their own fodder special eyes)

Since you can't sell the vials, you try to sell the dragons to people who want the vials. That would bump up the value so people make money out of it if they have no desire to get the vials. Idk if in reality that would happen but it's a possibility. I dunno if I just think to capitalistic and others don't think this way but if I had a bunch of money to spend, I'd buy up a ton of those and resell them for higher to people who want to exalt them for vials. Does that make sense? QwQ

I mean, if you wanted to profit off of this you would buy a bunch regardless -

If the vials were clanbound, you could just resell rare eye dragons. If they were not clanbound, you could make them into vials and sell those.

People are going to buy rare eye dragons to profit from whether the vials are clanbound or not, the only difference is whether there's the middle step of getting a vial from them.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I very much like how extensive this thread is! Offering all the possible sides and takes of the Eye System while not shoving any one "magical" solution in your face. It's a good amount of reading, but well worth the time in hopes of better understanding everyone's perspectives on the issues at hand. I think the staff do need to come forward and at least say that they recognize that there's a lot of turmoil over the eye system, and just a simple "we're looking into ways to improve it" would be more than enough for the time being.

But I didn't even realize how long it had been since the eye update, and the fact that they've not addressed any of these concerns in all that time is honestly shocking and a little disheartening. This eye system is definitely straining a large majority of users in this community, and I just hope that something is done to address the issues sooner rather than later.
I very much like how extensive this thread is! Offering all the possible sides and takes of the Eye System while not shoving any one "magical" solution in your face. It's a good amount of reading, but well worth the time in hopes of better understanding everyone's perspectives on the issues at hand. I think the staff do need to come forward and at least say that they recognize that there's a lot of turmoil over the eye system, and just a simple "we're looking into ways to improve it" would be more than enough for the time being.

But I didn't even realize how long it had been since the eye update, and the fact that they've not addressed any of these concerns in all that time is honestly shocking and a little disheartening. This eye system is definitely straining a large majority of users in this community, and I just hope that something is done to address the issues sooner rather than later.
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
I really really love this! Anything can be better imo than the current system. I have a dragon that needs unusual eyes, but I can’t scatter them because ya know that will be another 1-??? kg!

Also, I am surprised that we haven’t had any more eyes released. At least give us some more unnatural eyes, whether it’s from crim, baldwin, TREASURE MP??, coli, gathering... literally anything
I really really love this! Anything can be better imo than the current system. I have a dragon that needs unusual eyes, but I can’t scatter them because ya know that will be another 1-??? kg!

Also, I am surprised that we haven’t had any more eyes released. At least give us some more unnatural eyes, whether it’s from crim, baldwin, TREASURE MP??, coli, gathering... literally anything
[quote name="Suasion" date="2021-04-09 09:03:11" ] Also, I am surprised that we haven’t had any more eyes released. At least give us some more unnatural eyes, whether it’s from crim, baldwin, TREASURE MP??, coli, gathering... literally anything [/quote] I'd love some more unnatural eyes and there have been several interesting ones suggested--several of which could work well on the smaller eyed breeds.
Suasion wrote on 2021-04-09 09:03:11:
I'd love some more unnatural eyes and there have been several interesting ones suggested--several of which could work well on the smaller eyed breeds.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2021-04-11 03:25:07" ] [quote name="Suasion" date="2021-04-09 09:03:11" ] Also, I am surprised that we haven’t had any more eyes released. At least give us some more unnatural eyes, whether it’s from crim, baldwin, TREASURE MP??, coli, gathering... literally anything [/quote] I'd love some more unnatural eyes and there have been several interesting ones suggested--several of which could work well on the smaller eyed breeds. [/quote] I've seen several suggested that change lineart, which I like about primal/multi/innocent (kinda). I like that they're visible on every breed, even if they do have some clipping issues, but I don't mind that some of the unnatural types don't show as well on some breeds because it's easy enough to just... not use them on those breeds. So it's not like they'll be "wasted" on a breed where they're invisible.
DragonSage wrote on 2021-04-11 03:25:07:
Suasion wrote on 2021-04-09 09:03:11:
I'd love some more unnatural eyes and there have been several interesting ones suggested--several of which could work well on the smaller eyed breeds.
I've seen several suggested that change lineart, which I like about primal/multi/innocent (kinda). I like that they're visible on every breed, even if they do have some clipping issues, but I don't mind that some of the unnatural types don't show as well on some breeds because it's easy enough to just... not use them on those breeds. So it's not like they'll be "wasted" on a breed where they're invisible.
wq9PoXA.png
I’m currently awaiting more results in my ‘for science thread’ in the discussion forums but it appears to me that so far it’s not as large of a difference in players who like customization over breeding, breeding over customization, and players who enjoy doing both. That’s only from what I’m reading so far in the replies.

There seems to be a more 50/50 balance between those who prefer to breed and those who prefer to customize than I had originally thought leading me to believe that by making eyes rng completely was a mistake because it leaves a far larger percentage of players out than I had originally believed. Instead of my envisioned 80/20 with the majority preferring to breed isn’t correct. This is solely based off the information I’ve gathered through six pages of replies and by no means reflects the entire community but should we have eyes as customization through gems or treasure it could potentially be a massive treasure sink or gem sink though this is only a theory.

There’s also more information like more players don’t care about eyes whatsoever while a smaller percentage likes eyes that match.

As noted in the main post more people are interested in xyzs and less so with doubles this is likely due to many two toned genes. But that wasn’t a question it’s just a guess.

Other notable things to consider is the amount of who actually breed for eye type alone in fodder seems lower than I thought. Although most of the people who replied about eye questions believe it’s futile to try to breed for specific eye types and many people want dragons with special eye types but the supply is low and they are often of dragons with colors they do not want. And I haven’t seen a single post of people wanting unnatural eye types.

There’s still information coming in so none of this is concrete evidence to anything. It’s all observations of the current replies.
I’m currently awaiting more results in my ‘for science thread’ in the discussion forums but it appears to me that so far it’s not as large of a difference in players who like customization over breeding, breeding over customization, and players who enjoy doing both. That’s only from what I’m reading so far in the replies.

There seems to be a more 50/50 balance between those who prefer to breed and those who prefer to customize than I had originally thought leading me to believe that by making eyes rng completely was a mistake because it leaves a far larger percentage of players out than I had originally believed. Instead of my envisioned 80/20 with the majority preferring to breed isn’t correct. This is solely based off the information I’ve gathered through six pages of replies and by no means reflects the entire community but should we have eyes as customization through gems or treasure it could potentially be a massive treasure sink or gem sink though this is only a theory.

There’s also more information like more players don’t care about eyes whatsoever while a smaller percentage likes eyes that match.

As noted in the main post more people are interested in xyzs and less so with doubles this is likely due to many two toned genes. But that wasn’t a question it’s just a guess.

Other notable things to consider is the amount of who actually breed for eye type alone in fodder seems lower than I thought. Although most of the people who replied about eye questions believe it’s futile to try to breed for specific eye types and many people want dragons with special eye types but the supply is low and they are often of dragons with colors they do not want. And I haven’t seen a single post of people wanting unnatural eye types.

There’s still information coming in so none of this is concrete evidence to anything. It’s all observations of the current replies.
4xTBSTZ.png
The only things in this thread that I find Universally Valuable are:

- Adding a Toggle for folks who are made uncomfortable by certain eye types
- Having a VERY small chance of receiving an eye vial upon exalting

I do not, and have never seen any reason for players to have 100% freedom and control to how their dragons appear, ESPECIALLY when the one feature they don't have control over is (in most cases) less than 5% of the design.

Between the years of frankly, quite entitled discourse on the subject, and staff staying quiet I don't think there is any chance of the system changing, and I think that is a good thing (aside from the points I agree with above)

Newer dragons were given a bit more spice and variability. That's awesome! G1s and older dragons who were born before the update were Absolutely meant to not receive this change. After years of this being the case and not changing... My opinion is that if you don't like it, tough. Continuing to pound at the gates asking for the same changes 3 years later is not going to get you much. If the Staff haven't budged by now, I sincerely doubt they ever will.

I would never, ever want the eye system to become non-generated. I would DESPISE any change to the system that allowed any (as in all) eye type to be bought from the marketplace. RNG, as unlikely as the odds may be, give everyone the same chance at having something special. Those who want something extra special, and are breeding for matchy-matchy have to accept these odds. Special eye types being universally available, and not locked behind marketplace as Gem Items is how I personally want it to stay. As of right now, eyes are equally accessible for people who do not have hundreds of dollars to throw into the site as those that do. I would loathe a "gene-like" change to the system more than anything else.
The only things in this thread that I find Universally Valuable are:

- Adding a Toggle for folks who are made uncomfortable by certain eye types
- Having a VERY small chance of receiving an eye vial upon exalting

I do not, and have never seen any reason for players to have 100% freedom and control to how their dragons appear, ESPECIALLY when the one feature they don't have control over is (in most cases) less than 5% of the design.

Between the years of frankly, quite entitled discourse on the subject, and staff staying quiet I don't think there is any chance of the system changing, and I think that is a good thing (aside from the points I agree with above)

Newer dragons were given a bit more spice and variability. That's awesome! G1s and older dragons who were born before the update were Absolutely meant to not receive this change. After years of this being the case and not changing... My opinion is that if you don't like it, tough. Continuing to pound at the gates asking for the same changes 3 years later is not going to get you much. If the Staff haven't budged by now, I sincerely doubt they ever will.

I would never, ever want the eye system to become non-generated. I would DESPISE any change to the system that allowed any (as in all) eye type to be bought from the marketplace. RNG, as unlikely as the odds may be, give everyone the same chance at having something special. Those who want something extra special, and are breeding for matchy-matchy have to accept these odds. Special eye types being universally available, and not locked behind marketplace as Gem Items is how I personally want it to stay. As of right now, eyes are equally accessible for people who do not have hundreds of dollars to throw into the site as those that do. I would loathe a "gene-like" change to the system more than anything else.
[quote]I do not, and have never seen any reason for players to have 100% freedom and control to how their dragons appear, ESPECIALLY when the one feature they don't have control over is (in most cases) less than 5% of the design.[/quote] If the feature affects less than 5% of the overall design, then why NOT let people control it, if it's so trivial? [quote]Newer dragons were given a bit more spice and variability. That's awesome! G1s and older dragons who were born before the update were Absolutely meant to not receive this change.[/quote] If that's true, why is it s good thing and why should we accept it? [quote]My opinion is that if you don't like it, tough.[/quote] Going by that logic then, the staff should change everything about the eyepocalypse, and those who don't like it--well, tough. [quote] Continuing to pound at the gates asking for the same changes 3 years later is not going to get you much. If the Staff haven't budged by now, I sincerely doubt they ever will.[/quote] The staff implemented Roundsey after years of discourse. It's not our place to say "too much time has passed." The staff is working on many things--some of which were promised eight years ago. Compared to that, less than three years isn't bad. [quote] I would DESPISE any change to the system that allowed any (as in all) eye type to be bought from the marketplace. RNG, as unlikely as the odds may be, give everyone the same chance at having something special.[/quote] Actually, RNG is the most unfair system possible. Someone could get multi with the first dragon hatched. Someone else might breed every day for years and never see it. That is inherently not fair. The example of the MP is actually way more fair. In the MP, let's use Cherub as an example--it costs 185,000. That's 185K for new players, old players, casual players, dedicated players, players in the north hemisphere, southern, eastern, western--all players alike. That is equal, and that is fair (minus, of course, dom discount and restock availability.) [quote]Those who want something extra special, and are breeding for matchy-matchy have to accept these odds. [/quote] Not all dragons can be rebred. [quote]As of right now, eyes are equally accessible for people who do not have hundreds of dollars to throw into the site as those that do. [/quote] This argument is so off base it might as well be playing left field. It doesn't represent the reality of the eyes at all nor does it represent the change people wish to see happen. [quote]I would loathe a "gene-like" change to the system more than anything else.[/quote] "My opinion is that if you don't like it, tough." That being said, there are other solutions I prefer over Quat gene.
Quote:

If the feature affects less than 5% of the overall design, then why NOT let people control it, if it's so trivial?
Quote:
Newer dragons were given a bit more spice and variability. That's awesome! G1s and older dragons who were born before the update were Absolutely meant to not receive this change.

If that's true, why is it s good thing and why should we accept it?
Quote:
My opinion is that if you don't like it, tough.

Going by that logic then, the staff should change everything about the eyepocalypse, and those who don't like it--well, tough.
Quote:
Continuing to pound at the gates asking for the same changes 3 years later is not going to get you much. If the Staff haven't budged by now, I sincerely doubt they ever will.

The staff implemented Roundsey after years of discourse. It's not our place to say "too much time has passed." The staff is working on many things--some of which were promised eight years ago. Compared to that, less than three years isn't bad.
Quote:
I would DESPISE any change to the system that allowed any (as in all) eye type to be bought from the marketplace. RNG, as unlikely as the odds may be, give everyone the same chance at having something special.

Actually, RNG is the most unfair system possible. Someone could get multi with the first dragon hatched. Someone else might breed every day for years and never see it. That is inherently not fair.

The example of the MP is actually way more fair. In the MP, let's use Cherub as an example--it costs 185,000. That's 185K for new players, old players, casual players, dedicated players, players in the north hemisphere, southern, eastern, western--all players alike. That is equal, and that is fair (minus, of course, dom discount and restock availability.)
Quote:
Those who want something extra special, and are breeding for matchy-matchy have to accept these odds.

Not all dragons can be rebred.
Quote:
As of right now, eyes are equally accessible for people who do not have hundreds of dollars to throw into the site as those that do.

This argument is so off base it might as well be playing left field. It doesn't represent the reality of the eyes at all nor does it represent the change people wish to see happen.
Quote:
I would loathe a "gene-like" change to the system more than anything else.

"My opinion is that if you don't like it, tough."

That being said, there are other solutions I prefer over Quat gene.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20