Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The Eyes Have It
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[quote name="@0wO" date="2021-04-03 13:38:24" ] I love this thread, but- please- a tl;dr would be much appreciated! [/quote] We have concerns about the current natural eye system, and we want to improve it for users with different play styles that currently do not allow them to interact with it. We feel that eyes have so much potential but feel that the limitations of getting them on existing dragons and thee current approach to body horror aspect of certain eye types could be changed for the better. There have been many approaches suggested but arguments between the particular options deters from the common theme that we feel the eye system needs and update It then goes on to discuss common ground concerns/arguments for change common concerns about a possible update and a summary of the more popular suggestions
@0wO wrote on 2021-04-03 13:38:24:
I love this thread, but- please- a tl;dr would be much appreciated!
We have concerns about the current natural eye system, and we want to improve it for users with different play styles that currently do not allow them to interact with it. We feel that eyes have so much potential but feel that the limitations of getting them on existing dragons and thee current approach to body horror aspect of certain eye types could be changed for the better. There have been many approaches suggested but arguments between the particular options deters from the common theme that we feel the eye system needs and update

It then goes on to discuss common ground concerns/arguments for change common concerns about a possible update and a summary of the more popular suggestions
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote] I think the more likely reason we haven't had changes is because they don't particularly want to change it, so are discussing it (either how to break it to the site, or see if there are any changes that might satisfy them as well as the userbase) and that FR is just slow about changing/implementing things in general.[/quote] They may have said they wanted eyes to be breeding only but they didn’t have any data on the far reaching affects of such a system nor did they ask the community first. And my issue here is if they wanted eyes to be breeding only then why did they add “unnatural eyes?” It makes no sense to me that they would say they wanted a breeding only aspect but then at the same time not go all the way with the idea? We’re they testing which one would be more popular? By having both natural and unnatural eyes they made a very strange situation. First of all if they thought scattersights were a mistake because it made us want to apply eye types to existing dragons then what was the thought process to adding “unnatural” eyes? It created a wild mix. Unnatural eyes were never explained in the lore and if staff didn’t want us to be able to apply eye types at all or thought applying eye types was a mistake then why add unnatural eyes at all or continue to add unnatural eyes? People aren’t buying unnatural eyes because they think they aren’t worth it because they don’t breed down like genes do and 200gems for 8 pixels is too much and then people try not to scry dragons with natural eye types because they just aren’t accessible unless you want to potentially waste years of your time and potentially dedicate all of your lairspace and breeding towards one singular project. Why have applicable eyes and non applicable eyes? Should’ve just picked one and dedicated to it and went all in on breeding only or applicable instead of this wild half in and half out thing.
Quote:
I think the more likely reason we haven't had changes is because they don't particularly want to change it, so are discussing it (either how to break it to the site, or see if there are any changes that might satisfy them as well as the userbase) and that FR is just slow about changing/implementing things in general.

They may have said they wanted eyes to be breeding only but they didn’t have any data on the far reaching affects of such a system nor did they ask the community first.

And my issue here is if they wanted eyes to be breeding only then why did they add “unnatural eyes?” It makes no sense to me that they would say they wanted a breeding only aspect but then at the same time not go all the way with the idea? We’re they testing which one would be more popular?

By having both natural and unnatural eyes they made a very strange situation.
First of all if they thought scattersights were a mistake because it made us want to apply eye types to existing dragons then what was the thought process to adding “unnatural” eyes?

It created a wild mix. Unnatural eyes were never explained in the lore and if staff didn’t want us to be able to apply eye types at all or thought applying eye types was a mistake then why add unnatural eyes at all or continue to add unnatural eyes?

People aren’t buying unnatural eyes because they think they aren’t worth it because they don’t breed down like genes do and 200gems for 8 pixels is too much and then people try not to scry dragons with natural eye types because they just aren’t accessible unless you want to potentially waste years of your time and potentially dedicate all of your lairspace and breeding towards one singular project.

Why have applicable eyes and non applicable eyes? Should’ve just picked one and dedicated to it and went all in on breeding only or applicable instead of this wild half in and half out thing.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="MistFury0" date="2021-04-03 15:11:26" ] [quote] I think the more likely reason we haven't had changes is because they don't particularly want to change it, so are discussing it (either how to break it to the site, or see if there are any changes that might satisfy them as well as the userbase) and that FR is just slow about changing/implementing things in general.[/quote] Idk but if all they are going to do is say no changes are going to happen why not come out and say it. There’s no point in wasting everyone’s time if they aren’t even going to change anything. Better to be blunt than say nothing. [/quote] this is why I am hoping that they are at least discussing it, because they *could* put a moratorium on threads such as this, and other 'the eyes need changing' threads.
MistFury0 wrote on 2021-04-03 15:11:26:
Quote:
I think the more likely reason we haven't had changes is because they don't particularly want to change it, so are discussing it (either how to break it to the site, or see if there are any changes that might satisfy them as well as the userbase) and that FR is just slow about changing/implementing things in general.
Idk but if all they are going to do is say no changes are going to happen why not come out and say it. There’s no point in wasting everyone’s time if they aren’t even going to change anything. Better to be blunt than say nothing.
this is why I am hoping that they are at least discussing it, because they *could* put a moratorium on threads such as this, and other 'the eyes need changing' threads.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="MistFury0" date="2021-04-03 15:27:43" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-04-03 15:21:10" ] [quote name="MistFury0" date="2021-04-03 15:11:26" ] [quote] I think the more likely reason we haven't had changes is because they don't particularly want to change it, so are discussing it (either how to break it to the site, or see if there are any changes that might satisfy them as well as the userbase) and that FR is just slow about changing/implementing things in general.[/quote] Idk but if all they are going to do is say no changes are going to happen why not come out and say it. There’s no point in wasting everyone’s time if they aren’t even going to change anything. Better to be blunt than say nothing. [/quote] this is why I am hoping that they are at least discussing it, because they *could* put a moratorium on threads such as this, and other 'the eyes need changing' threads. [/quote] If they just said there will be no changes or they are considering it would be a big deal rn. [/quote] One of the goals of this thread is that hopefully staff will see all of our arguments in one place and perhaps discuss and comment on them, but we also don't really want the thread to derail into only that :/ the fact is that we can't force them to read or comment, only state that we wish they would and then continue on as best we can unless/until they do.
MistFury0 wrote on 2021-04-03 15:27:43:
Jemadar wrote on 2021-04-03 15:21:10:
MistFury0 wrote on 2021-04-03 15:11:26:
Quote:
Idk but if all they are going to do is say no changes are going to happen why not come out and say it. There’s no point in wasting everyone’s time if they aren’t even going to change anything. Better to be blunt than say nothing.
this is why I am hoping that they are at least discussing it, because they *could* put a moratorium on threads such as this, and other 'the eyes need changing' threads.
If they just said there will be no changes or they are considering it would be a big deal rn.
One of the goals of this thread is that hopefully staff will see all of our arguments in one place and perhaps discuss and comment on them, but we also don't really want the thread to derail into only that :/ the fact is that we can't force them to read or comment, only state that we wish they would and then continue on as best we can unless/until they do.
wq9PoXA.png
TBH, if the staff said "no natural eyes will be obtainable on old dragons ever," I would still want a way to put those eyes on dragons. And I wouldn't stop using the suggestions forum to request so. So the staff would have to nix all topics, which I feel would only alienate more people and brew more hostility behind the scenes rather than soothing the frustrations I and other users feel.
TBH, if the staff said "no natural eyes will be obtainable on old dragons ever," I would still want a way to put those eyes on dragons. And I wouldn't stop using the suggestions forum to request so. So the staff would have to nix all topics, which I feel would only alienate more people and brew more hostility behind the scenes rather than soothing the frustrations I and other users feel.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I feel a mention of the Legacy eyes is also an important part of the story.

A lot of the debate about eye types tends to center on the "special" eyes, particularly Primal. However, the 5th anniversary also brought with it the change in eyes from Legacy to Common. In some flights/breeds, this didn't make too much of a difference; however, some had their shading, highlights, color, and sclera color dramatically changed. What's more, some (but not all) of these changes would be able to reverted back to an approximation of Legacy eyes through tints... which are inaccessible. So not only did the eye type system lock us out of further customizing/improving dragons (as we are free to do with every other content update), but it also locked us out of simply recreating the look of dragons that have already had years of time, effort, and $$ put into them.

Staff have already said that Legacy eyes will not be coming back, and have locked discussions about that, but I do feel that the change of millions of dragons from Legacy to Common + the mechanical lockout of "fixing" the changes is another key factor behind the anger around the update/mechanic, and should get a mention in the main post.

I'd also like to mention that the odds behind the Primal Imp of a particular gender is even worse- a single pair breeding nonstop for a little over 10 years has only a 50% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender in that timeframe. It takes nearly 71 years for a pair breeding nonstop to hit a 99% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender; meaning an unfortunate 1% of the playerbase could breed their pair for basically their entire lifespan and never hatch the right dragon.
I feel a mention of the Legacy eyes is also an important part of the story.

A lot of the debate about eye types tends to center on the "special" eyes, particularly Primal. However, the 5th anniversary also brought with it the change in eyes from Legacy to Common. In some flights/breeds, this didn't make too much of a difference; however, some had their shading, highlights, color, and sclera color dramatically changed. What's more, some (but not all) of these changes would be able to reverted back to an approximation of Legacy eyes through tints... which are inaccessible. So not only did the eye type system lock us out of further customizing/improving dragons (as we are free to do with every other content update), but it also locked us out of simply recreating the look of dragons that have already had years of time, effort, and $$ put into them.

Staff have already said that Legacy eyes will not be coming back, and have locked discussions about that, but I do feel that the change of millions of dragons from Legacy to Common + the mechanical lockout of "fixing" the changes is another key factor behind the anger around the update/mechanic, and should get a mention in the main post.

I'd also like to mention that the odds behind the Primal Imp of a particular gender is even worse- a single pair breeding nonstop for a little over 10 years has only a 50% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender in that timeframe. It takes nearly 71 years for a pair breeding nonstop to hit a 99% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender; meaning an unfortunate 1% of the playerbase could breed their pair for basically their entire lifespan and never hatch the right dragon.
@beautifulglitter good point. The legacy eyes always tends to slip my mind likely because mature eyes weren’t as dramatically changed as some flights
@beautifulglitter good point. The legacy eyes always tends to slip my mind likely because mature eyes weren’t as dramatically changed as some flights
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Not gonna lie, this thread is about 50x too long for me to read and digest properly, but I'll just throw in my two cents that while I enjoy the system as it is, I'd also be perfectly happy if scattervials were re-introduced, even if still in a limited way e.g. during anniversary week or festivals or something.
Not gonna lie, this thread is about 50x too long for me to read and digest properly, but I'll just throw in my two cents that while I enjoy the system as it is, I'd also be perfectly happy if scattervials were re-introduced, even if still in a limited way e.g. during anniversary week or festivals or something.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Im still a fan of the exalt for baldwin mat method, since it keeps the excitement of hatching eyes on a good looking dragon (since you dont have to pay to move them) and acts as a treasure and dragon sink which we need right now.

Thank you very much for getting all the popular ideas in one place btw!
Im still a fan of the exalt for baldwin mat method, since it keeps the excitement of hatching eyes on a good looking dragon (since you dont have to pay to move them) and acts as a treasure and dragon sink which we need right now.

Thank you very much for getting all the popular ideas in one place btw!
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Popping into the Suggestions forum one last time* to thank y'all for putting this thread together. It presents all the sides of the case and the concerns in a very calm, professional way and I don't really have much more to add than what's already been said.

My personal preferred method is exalt a special eye dragon -> get a vial of that specific eye type OR exalt a special eye dragon -> get a Baldwin mat to brew a vial of that eye type, leaning slightly towards the latter since we need treasure sinks as well as to incentivize exalting.

Aaaaaand if the devs don't plan on making any changes to the eye system at all (which IMO would be a mistake) I'm hoping that they'll at least make an official statement, whether here or on Announcements, so those of us who are "still complaining" 3+ years later know we're wasting our time. "We are not bringing Scatterscrolls out of retirement" is not the same thing as a statement on the eye system itself.

*I am no longer participating in the Suggestions forum after this for mental health reasons but considering I was one of the most vocal people on the eye subject for a bit I felt it necessary to stop by and say something on this thread.
Popping into the Suggestions forum one last time* to thank y'all for putting this thread together. It presents all the sides of the case and the concerns in a very calm, professional way and I don't really have much more to add than what's already been said.

My personal preferred method is exalt a special eye dragon -> get a vial of that specific eye type OR exalt a special eye dragon -> get a Baldwin mat to brew a vial of that eye type, leaning slightly towards the latter since we need treasure sinks as well as to incentivize exalting.

Aaaaaand if the devs don't plan on making any changes to the eye system at all (which IMO would be a mistake) I'm hoping that they'll at least make an official statement, whether here or on Announcements, so those of us who are "still complaining" 3+ years later know we're wasting our time. "We are not bringing Scatterscrolls out of retirement" is not the same thing as a statement on the eye system itself.

*I am no longer participating in the Suggestions forum after this for mental health reasons but considering I was one of the most vocal people on the eye subject for a bit I felt it necessary to stop by and say something on this thread.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20