Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Toggle for Dragon Rotation - April 1st
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
support for this, i have incredibly bad focus issues and visual overload is absolutely a real thing, its mentally painful to interact with the site right now. when like 75% of your game is the dragons it's definitely a bit unfortunate when hundreds of players probably cant interact with them without getting, dizzy, a headache or overwhelmed. massive support.
support for this, i have incredibly bad focus issues and visual overload is absolutely a real thing, its mentally painful to interact with the site right now. when like 75% of your game is the dragons it's definitely a bit unfortunate when hundreds of players probably cant interact with them without getting, dizzy, a headache or overwhelmed. massive support.
Josie | 16 | She/They
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo1_500.gif
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-04-02 00:41:48" ] [quote name="@/cherrytrees" date="2021-04-02 00:39:00" ] Alright. While one day was bad enough, it's now rollover and it's still here. Not cool at all. [/quote] Try again at 6 or 6:30 server time. I believe by then things will be back and you can open the Marva bags. [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MZIGcyR.png[/img] actual photo of me in this thread. I really thought they would just return things back to normal at 00:00 april 2nd cuz its not april 1st anymore. not 6am on april 2nd whats the point of dragging it out like that.
Mystiek wrote on 2021-04-02 00:41:48:
@/cherrytrees wrote on 2021-04-02 00:39:00:
Alright. While one day was bad enough, it's now rollover and it's still here. Not cool at all.
Try again at 6 or 6:30 server time. I believe by then things will be back and you can open the Marva bags.

MZIGcyR.png
actual photo of me in this thread.
I really thought they would just return things back to normal at 00:00 april 2nd cuz its not april 1st anymore. not 6am on april 2nd
whats the point of dragging it out like that.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Don't support. It's just for a day dude. Be patient. Take a break from FR and rest your eyes if it's making you nauseous. You probably shouldn't stare at a screen for that long anyway. No one is actually being forced to look at the website, it can't physically harm anyone, it's a static image.

It would take staff longer to code a toggle and make a graphic for it than it would to simply wait for the event to end.

This is a good suggestion for next time though, when there are future April Fools pranks that effect a lot of very commonly viewed site elements.
Don't support. It's just for a day dude. Be patient. Take a break from FR and rest your eyes if it's making you nauseous. You probably shouldn't stare at a screen for that long anyway. No one is actually being forced to look at the website, it can't physically harm anyone, it's a static image.

It would take staff longer to code a toggle and make a graphic for it than it would to simply wait for the event to end.

This is a good suggestion for next time though, when there are future April Fools pranks that effect a lot of very commonly viewed site elements.
cmeZpcm.png
[quote name="Decimata" date="2021-04-02 01:50:32" ] Don't support. It's just for a day dude. Be patient. Take a break from FR and rest your eyes if it's making you nauseous. You probably shouldn't stare at a screen for that long anyway. No one is actually being forced to look at the website, it can't physically harm anyone, it's a static image. It would take staff longer to code a toggle and make a graphic for it than it would to simply wait for the event to end. This is a good suggestion for next time though, when there are future April Fools pranks that effect a lot of very commonly viewed site elements. [/quote] the biggest reason people want a toggle is because it IS affection people physically. its giving people headaches, making them motion sick. accessibility should never be a "its one day calm down" situation, especially when its affecting SO many users. there was an entire other thread dedicated to people being frustrated about it, people aren't overreacting for wanting to enjoy the game they play without feeling sick or overwhelmed. it comes off INCREDIBLY disrespectful to treat others like theyre overreacting when theyre clearing hurting because of something, and a prank is only funny if it isn't hurting anyone. undermining peoples pain isn't making it any more okay, it's just plain rude. sure, maybe it IS just a day, but we need these changes implemented to keep the site fun for EVERYONE, not just people who can handle issues that might hurt someone else. if we keep dismissing people when they find issue then it's not going anywhere not meaning to accuse you of anything, and i'm sure it wasn't your intent to be disrespectful, but it really isn't fair to just tell people with disabilities or things they can't help to "calm down" or "be patient", especially when you also consider the fact it's in the middle of a festival and this might be someones only day to grind, and the coli is HELL right now.
Decimata wrote on 2021-04-02 01:50:32:

the biggest reason people want a toggle is because it IS affection people physically. its giving people headaches, making them motion sick. accessibility should never be a "its one day calm down" situation, especially when its affecting SO many users. there was an entire other thread dedicated to people being frustrated about it, people aren't overreacting for wanting to enjoy the game they play without feeling sick or overwhelmed.

it comes off INCREDIBLY disrespectful to treat others like theyre overreacting when theyre clearing hurting because of something, and a prank is only funny if it isn't hurting anyone. undermining peoples pain isn't making it any more okay, it's just plain rude. sure, maybe it IS just a day, but we need these changes implemented to keep the site fun for EVERYONE, not just people who can handle issues that might hurt someone else. if we keep dismissing people when they find issue then it's not going anywhere

not meaning to accuse you of anything, and i'm sure it wasn't your intent to be disrespectful, but it really isn't fair to just tell people with disabilities or things they can't help to "calm down" or "be patient", especially when you also consider the fact it's in the middle of a festival and this might be someones only day to grind, and the coli is HELL right now.
Josie | 16 | She/They
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo1_500.gif
Yes please I hope they won't forget to add the toggle on coming years x__x this is just horrifying to look at.
Yes please I hope they won't forget to add the toggle on coming years x__x this is just horrifying to look at.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Support this, primarily for not setting of precedent of not having april fool's be impossible to disable - I imagine this was just oversight though, given previous years.

I will also agree this makes the coliseum feel very visually cluttered to me (admittedly, I mostly just press buttons from muscle memory and do something else on my second monitor so it's not been an enormous issue but as this topic shows that's not the case for everyone) so I've been avoiding it.
Support this, primarily for not setting of precedent of not having april fool's be impossible to disable - I imagine this was just oversight though, given previous years.

I will also agree this makes the coliseum feel very visually cluttered to me (admittedly, I mostly just press buttons from muscle memory and do something else on my second monitor so it's not been an enormous issue but as this topic shows that's not the case for everyone) so I've been avoiding it.
raccoon.png
Well. I genuinely thought that the Rotation would end at rollover.

Incredibly unpleasant to wake up to.

Guess I'll give it an hour before I @/staff.
Well. I genuinely thought that the Rotation would end at rollover.

Incredibly unpleasant to wake up to.

Guess I'll give it an hour before I @/staff.
lOuuNpG.png tumblr_inline_ny7iufSmv51qmzhvw_540.png gems_badge_100.png
Roll over is 06:00 server time, idk what timezone FR falls under though
Roll over is 06:00 server time, idk what timezone FR falls under though
DVcXRyP.png
I don't think there's a point to implementing it right now as it should be ending in half an hour but I think the april fools jokes should always have a toggle going forward, (since it apparently usually does it's strange that it didn't, maybe they didn't consider that it could be that irritating?)

I don't even have particularly bad issues with these things generally but it's making it hard to do things and anything that gives me more headaches I'm immediately inclined to dislike as MUCH as I love my ridgebacks balancing on their noses.

Like, do not get me wrong, I like it, I find it very amusing! I wish I could have turned it off to do things though. I ended up doing the "don't use the site" thing that many folks were suggesting, but I wish I could've got more done yesterday.
I don't think there's a point to implementing it right now as it should be ending in half an hour but I think the april fools jokes should always have a toggle going forward, (since it apparently usually does it's strange that it didn't, maybe they didn't consider that it could be that irritating?)

I don't even have particularly bad issues with these things generally but it's making it hard to do things and anything that gives me more headaches I'm immediately inclined to dislike as MUCH as I love my ridgebacks balancing on their noses.

Like, do not get me wrong, I like it, I find it very amusing! I wish I could have turned it off to do things though. I ended up doing the "don't use the site" thing that many folks were suggesting, but I wish I could've got more done yesterday.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Support.

It's not as bad as getting nauseous for me but I find certain models very disorienting and tiring for my eyes. I had seriously hoped this would be gone by role over but it looks like I need to keep up with it until Monday.
Really I love the April Fools stuff and that staff comes up with something every year but I think a button shouldn't be mandatory every time.
Support.

It's not as bad as getting nauseous for me but I find certain models very disorienting and tiring for my eyes. I had seriously hoped this would be gone by role over but it looks like I need to keep up with it until Monday.
Really I love the April Fools stuff and that staff comes up with something every year but I think a button shouldn't be mandatory every time.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8