Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Toggle for Dragon Rotation - April 1st
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It might be too late to add a toggle for this particular prank, but it’s weird that there [i]isn’t[/i] one when several other years have had a toggle. I think every year should offer a way to opt out of the April Fool’s prank. [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-04-01 14:02:38" ] Pranks are nice, but not everyone wants them ,and sometimes they have limited time, and if today is one of the only times you ahve to dress your dragons? or coli? or do basically anything else that requires you to look at dragon images? too bad. [/quote] The “customize apparel and skin” screen has the image flipped to its normal position! So you can still dress your dragons normally, at least. I had to check since “oh jeez, dressing my dragons is gonna be impossible today” was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at my lair lol
It might be too late to add a toggle for this particular prank, but it’s weird that there isn’t one when several other years have had a toggle. I think every year should offer a way to opt out of the April Fool’s prank.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-04-01 14:02:38:
Pranks are nice, but not everyone wants them ,and sometimes they have limited time, and if today is one of the only times you ahve to dress your dragons? or coli? or do basically anything else that requires you to look at dragon images? too bad.

The “customize apparel and skin” screen has the image flipped to its normal position! So you can still dress your dragons normally, at least. I had to check since “oh jeez, dressing my dragons is gonna be impossible today” was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at my lair lol
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support! I don't personally have any issues with it, but every other year that I know of there's been a way to toggle the April Fool's prank.. i was surprised to see it not available this time
Support! I don't personally have any issues with it, but every other year that I know of there's been a way to toggle the April Fool's prank.. i was surprised to see it not available this time
"link • ufology
they/he/she
I don't normally have issues with motion sickness or anything like that but it has gotten progressively worse for me over the course of the day to the point I'm just going to call it quits for today and come back tomorrow morning. It's so disappointing.
I don't normally have issues with motion sickness or anything like that but it has gotten progressively worse for me over the course of the day to the point I'm just going to call it quits for today and come back tomorrow morning. It's so disappointing.
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
Aequorin mentioned talking to the engineering team about it, which is good.

However, it would be nice if we always had an opt-out. HD had an opt-out, and it wasn't anywhere as triggering as this

However, it would be nice if we always had an opt-out. HD had an opt-out, and it wasn't anywhere as triggering as this
I like this April Fools day prank and am personally not bothered by the rotated dragons, but I think a toggle to be able to turn off this prank and/or future pranks would just be a good idea in general. I think this goes to show that no matter how harmless a prank may seem, when that prank is going to affect thousands of people it can be really difficult to predict the ways it could potentially negatively impact some of them. It's the key difference between pranking a few of your friends who you know and can guess the reactions of, and pranking hundreds of strangers on the internet. Like, I certainly wouldn't have thought the rotated dragons could be upsetting to some people until I saw people talking about it, so it's understandable that the staff didn't either. But it's exactly because these things are hard to predict that a precautionary toggle would always be a good idea, just in case.
I like this April Fools day prank and am personally not bothered by the rotated dragons, but I think a toggle to be able to turn off this prank and/or future pranks would just be a good idea in general. I think this goes to show that no matter how harmless a prank may seem, when that prank is going to affect thousands of people it can be really difficult to predict the ways it could potentially negatively impact some of them. It's the key difference between pranking a few of your friends who you know and can guess the reactions of, and pranking hundreds of strangers on the internet. Like, I certainly wouldn't have thought the rotated dragons could be upsetting to some people until I saw people talking about it, so it's understandable that the staff didn't either. But it's exactly because these things are hard to predict that a precautionary toggle would always be a good idea, just in case.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
No support, it will not be done again, and will go away by tomorrow.
It just seems kind of extreme to request an entire feature for something that is only like that for one day, ever for all time.
It just seems kind of extreme to request an entire feature for something that is only like that for one day, ever for all time.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Support because it is dizzying.
Support because it is dizzying.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-04-01 15:33:22" ] Aequorin mentioned talking to the engineering team about it, which is good. However, it would be nice if we always had an opt-out. HD had an opt-out, and it wasn't anywhere as triggering as this [/quote] Oh thank goodness.
Corviknight wrote on 2021-04-01 15:33:22:

Oh thank goodness.
lOuuNpG.png tumblr_inline_ny7iufSmv51qmzhvw_540.png gems_badge_100.png
[quote name="Kapow" date="2021-04-01 15:46:29" ] No support, it will not be done again, and will go away by tomorrow. It just seems kind of extreme to request an entire feature for something that is only like that for one day, ever for all time. [/quote] Reminder that we got a toggle for HD, which was one day, and AFAIK, we got a toggle for the Deluxe Waystone, so that there is a precedent for toggles for one-day jokes.
Kapow wrote on 2021-04-01 15:46:29:

Reminder that we got a toggle for HD, which was one day, and AFAIK, we got a toggle for the Deluxe Waystone, so that there is a precedent for toggles for one-day jokes.
[quote name="Kapow" date="2021-04-01 15:46:29" ] No support, it will not be done again, and will go away by tomorrow. It just seems kind of extreme to request an entire feature for something that is only like that for one day, ever for all time. [/quote] this p much. you can go a day without looking at dragon profiles.
Kapow wrote on 2021-04-01 15:46:29:

this p much. you can go a day without looking at dragon profiles.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8