Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let dragons equip the same familiar type
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
p-pwease? [emoji=wildclaw sad size=1] There's so many reasons that a player might want to equip multiple dragons with a familiar that they have multiple copies of. Lore reasons for days, wanting to match familiars visually to similar looking dragons, with me the issue is that if I add many more permies to my nature-themed lair, that I'll run out of suitable nature-themed familiars to go with them! :P I can't think of any reason NOT to implement this, other than I'm guessing there's coding shenanigans involved/ some kind of measure would need to be taken regarding being only able to bond with a familiar once per day (I admit that it'd be weird if three dragons have Winter Wolf familiars and petting one makes the other two petted as well, but alas such is the sacrifice that must be made for game design/ user interfaces). Definitely don't need players rushing a familiar to Awakened by being to pet it every day as many times as they have copies [emoji=wildclaw tongue size=1] Any thoughts?
p-pwease?

There's so many reasons that a player might want to equip multiple dragons with a familiar that they have multiple copies of. Lore reasons for days, wanting to match familiars visually to similar looking dragons, with me the issue is that if I add many more permies to my nature-themed lair, that I'll run out of suitable nature-themed familiars to go with them! :P

I can't think of any reason NOT to implement this, other than I'm guessing there's coding shenanigans involved/ some kind of measure would need to be taken regarding being only able to bond with a familiar once per day (I admit that it'd be weird if three dragons have Winter Wolf familiars and petting one makes the other two petted as well, but alas such is the sacrifice that must be made for game design/ user interfaces). Definitely don't need players rushing a familiar to Awakened by being to pet it every day as many times as they have copies

Any thoughts?
UJXttDL.png
I would start actually using familiars if they did this.
I would start actually using familiars if they did this.
Lore shop closed for good :(
I'd love this! I want all my pirate dragons to have parrots... :]
I'd love this! I want all my pirate dragons to have parrots... :]
I don't like this because I feel like part of the fun with familiars is trying to find matchy ones, and this takes away part of that challenge. No support, but I hope you aren't discouraged!
I don't like this because I feel like part of the fun with familiars is trying to find matchy ones, and this takes away part of that challenge. No support, but I hope you aren't discouraged!
suggestion to pin the focus digsite!
@spiderwick Perfectly fair that you aren't bothered/ have fun with it as it is, but why should that be an argument against not having it as an option? People who want to use a unique familiar on each of their dragons still CAN, even if they implemented it.
@spiderwick Perfectly fair that you aren't bothered/ have fun with it as it is, but why should that be an argument against not having it as an option? People who want to use a unique familiar on each of their dragons still CAN, even if they implemented it.
UJXttDL.png
There are lot of dragon combinations and it can be really hard to find familiars that can match with your dragons. Imagine the pain of having a lair full of dragons with the same color palette, and there are only a handful of familiars that share those same colors. Support.
There are lot of dragon combinations and it can be really hard to find familiars that can match with your dragons. Imagine the pain of having a lair full of dragons with the same color palette, and there are only a handful of familiars that share those same colors. Support.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
@northsong , that's actually very fair! Alright, you've changed my mind!
@northsong , that's actually very fair! Alright, you've changed my mind!
suggestion to pin the focus digsite!
[quote name="spiderwick" date="2021-01-24 14:13:27" ] I don't like this because I feel like part of the fun with familiars is trying to find matchy ones, and this takes away part of that challenge. No support, but I hope you aren't discouraged! [/quote] But that's really up to personal playstyle. If you want to find matching familiars, that's up to you and being able to equip more than one of the same familiar isn't going to stop you. You can still impose a rule on yourself to not use duplicates. (Edit: Whoops, got ninj'd. Sorry!) I support this. It'd be nice if users actually had an incentive to own more than one of a familiar, and could plaster their favorite across the lair. Imagine a lair full of Capricats. (Or Battered Vases.) And I'd like if my familiar choices weren't limited by other dragons in my lair, because I can think of at least two cases where I have two dragons that want the same familiar, and I'm forced to settle for something else with one of them.
spiderwick wrote on 2021-01-24 14:13:27:
But that's really up to personal playstyle. If you want to find matching familiars, that's up to you and being able to equip more than one of the same familiar isn't going to stop you. You can still impose a rule on yourself to not use duplicates.

(Edit: Whoops, got ninj'd. Sorry!)

I support this. It'd be nice if users actually had an incentive to own more than one of a familiar, and could plaster their favorite across the lair. Imagine a lair full of Capricats. (Or Battered Vases.) And I'd like if my familiar choices weren't limited by other dragons in my lair, because I can think of at least two cases where I have two dragons that want the same familiar, and I'm forced to settle for something else with one of them.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Unless it's some coding reason that prevents this, I don't get the reason you can't already do this. This might actually make familiars have more valuable because there's a reason to have more than one copy beyond personal hoarding. So, support.
Unless it's some coding reason that prevents this, I don't get the reason you can't already do this. This might actually make familiars have more valuable because there's a reason to have more than one copy beyond personal hoarding. So, support.
fo11Vhp.png
I support this as long as you can't interact with the familiar more than once since that could be exceedingly broken. I would love to have a reason to keep more than one familiar of each type.
I support this as long as you can't interact with the familiar more than once since that could be exceedingly broken. I would love to have a reason to keep more than one familiar of each type.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7