Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back retired items
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48
The title explains itself. I think it'd be a cool idea if retired items were brought back. Maybe they occasionally get cycled into events or a really rare drop on in a specific area from a specific enemy.
I am suggesting this as I have taken notice of the amount of people who like collecting familiars. It's a shame to see them having such a limited pool to choose from that will only diminish with time. While I get the point of retiring items-- to make room for other items-- it would be cool to see them make a return in some way even if it is obscure.
The title explains itself. I think it'd be a cool idea if retired items were brought back. Maybe they occasionally get cycled into events or a really rare drop on in a specific area from a specific enemy.
I am suggesting this as I have taken notice of the amount of people who like collecting familiars. It's a shame to see them having such a limited pool to choose from that will only diminish with time. While I get the point of retiring items-- to make room for other items-- it would be cool to see them make a return in some way even if it is obscure.
No support.

To start:
- retired items are already released in a limited amount via roundsey; KS and Beta items are specifically donated by users
- other retired fest items are already released thru Joxar’s spare chests

Blanket unretiring rare items:
- would break user trust in the site
- could massively devalue the items (bears, the second set of festival fams, are dirt cheap)
- you can use Fiona to awaken fams you don’t own
- no one is entitled to have everything on site
No support.

To start:
- retired items are already released in a limited amount via roundsey; KS and Beta items are specifically donated by users
- other retired fest items are already released thru Joxar’s spare chests

Blanket unretiring rare items:
- would break user trust in the site
- could massively devalue the items (bears, the second set of festival fams, are dirt cheap)
- you can use Fiona to awaken fams you don’t own
- no one is entitled to have everything on site
As Crowbar said, dragon capitalism aside, it would break trust. This is something that the team has repeatedly stated will never happen, so if it were to happen, I think people would flip.

Though it is a shame that there is no way for many of us to feasibly acquire certain things, but I assume this is why the achievement system was slated and replaced with Fiona, though the random nature of it makes bonding with them a near-impossible goal. The site's money sink is supposed to be our chance to acquire retired items.
As Crowbar said, dragon capitalism aside, it would break trust. This is something that the team has repeatedly stated will never happen, so if it were to happen, I think people would flip.

Though it is a shame that there is no way for many of us to feasibly acquire certain things, but I assume this is why the achievement system was slated and replaced with Fiona, though the random nature of it makes bonding with them a near-impossible goal. The site's money sink is supposed to be our chance to acquire retired items.
Untitled-1.png
[quote name="SecrataryBird" date="2021-01-04 09:15:11" ] it would be cool to see them make a return in some way even if it is obscure. [/quote] Newly generated formerly retired items (except Kickstarter things) can appear in Roundsey, therefore this suggestion is already implemented.
SecrataryBird wrote on 2021-01-04 09:15:11:
it would be cool to see them make a return in some way even if it is obscure.

Newly generated formerly retired items (except Kickstarter things) can appear in Roundsey, therefore this suggestion is already implemented.
JQQ3Fjt.png
They have already introduced a way to get retired items. Other than the Kickstarter or Beta exclusive items, all retired items can be generated at Roundsy. Any Kickstarter or Beta items are permanently retired but they do occasionally show up in Roundsy if donated.

Kickstarter familiars can be awakened via Fiona (you have a better chance of th em occuring if you’ve awakened the majority of familiars)

@mineralmarrow achievements weren’t scrapped. They were removed temporarily due to glitches and issues that couldn’t be fixed until the site is finished being rewritten, achievements will be reinstated eventually although the achievements previously gained will be legacy achievements
They have already introduced a way to get retired items. Other than the Kickstarter or Beta exclusive items, all retired items can be generated at Roundsy. Any Kickstarter or Beta items are permanently retired but they do occasionally show up in Roundsy if donated.

Kickstarter familiars can be awakened via Fiona (you have a better chance of th em occuring if you’ve awakened the majority of familiars)

@mineralmarrow achievements weren’t scrapped. They were removed temporarily due to glitches and issues that couldn’t be fixed until the site is finished being rewritten, achievements will be reinstated eventually although the achievements previously gained will be legacy achievements
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
You can get retired items from roundsey already. Not everyone is entitled for everything on the site. No support.
You can get retired items from roundsey already. Not everyone is entitled for everything on the site. No support.
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
This comes across as "I think it would be a cool idea to let me get unavailable items now just because I wasn't here for them/couldn't afford them at the time."

No support.
This comes across as "I think it would be a cool idea to let me get unavailable items now just because I wasn't here for them/couldn't afford them at the time."

No support.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
I just paid 68kg for a Light Sprite and I worked my [bleep] off to get that dragon dolla, so uh... no support.

Look *exhale* I feel you. I really do. It is frustrating to be within a hair's breadth of completing my Bestiary and knowing I am in all likelihood not going to get the KS familiars (apart from the Skycat which I'm saving for) and I'm never ever going to get a Boolean because I'm not spending 800kg+ on a pixel bug. Roundsey sometimes offers things like Sprites and KS fams. Part of why Fiona exists is to help people awaken fams they're not going to be able to own otherwise. I know it's sad to be locked out of things. But it would be even worse if the devs said they were going to unretire items they said they would retire. That breaks trust. That's not good for business and stuff like that has the potential to make people leave en masse and tank FR.

I'm going to be That Annoying Guy and tell you saving up for a Sprite or even a KS fam isn't totally impossible if you're willing to work for it. Capitalism is garbage but on FR the, uh, Sornieth Dream is actually achievable. If you want money making tips there are guides. Good luck.
I just paid 68kg for a Light Sprite and I worked my [bleep] off to get that dragon dolla, so uh... no support.

Look *exhale* I feel you. I really do. It is frustrating to be within a hair's breadth of completing my Bestiary and knowing I am in all likelihood not going to get the KS familiars (apart from the Skycat which I'm saving for) and I'm never ever going to get a Boolean because I'm not spending 800kg+ on a pixel bug. Roundsey sometimes offers things like Sprites and KS fams. Part of why Fiona exists is to help people awaken fams they're not going to be able to own otherwise. I know it's sad to be locked out of things. But it would be even worse if the devs said they were going to unretire items they said they would retire. That breaks trust. That's not good for business and stuff like that has the potential to make people leave en masse and tank FR.

I'm going to be That Annoying Guy and tell you saving up for a Sprite or even a KS fam isn't totally impossible if you're willing to work for it. Capitalism is garbage but on FR the, uh, Sornieth Dream is actually achievable. If you want money making tips there are guides. Good luck.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2021-01-04 12:49:49" ] I'm going to be That Annoying Guy and tell you saving up for a Sprite or even a KS fam isn't totally impossible if you're willing to work for it. Capitalism is garbage but on FR the, uh, Sornieth Dream is actually achievable. If you want money making tips there are guides. Good luck. [/quote] Yep, this. It's not an issue of "making room for other items," it's creating an economy and challenge for the game. If everything were easily attainable, how many people would be playing the game? There's a reason why single color scatterscrolls don't exist, why chests have a limited loot pool, why eggs and Eliminates are so rare to drop in the Coliseum, and why festivals only last a week — and other variables that exist, such as people not supporting to make Blossom cheaper. If you play(ed) Chickensmoothie, you'll know there's a similar issue there as well. Pets started releasing back in 2008, and as a site that appeals to a younger audience, some players weren't even alive when the site first opened! CS solves this problem with advent calendar releases and the pound feature, and, similarly, FR solves their version of this problem with Roundsey. The difference between CS and FR is that CS is strictly a collecting game while FR is a breeding game, so the two can't be compared side-by-side, but the idea is the same. Of course, some items such as Kickstarter items are unavailable to the general public, and I'm one of the people that believes this is fine. Apparel and familiars (minus the Boolean) get sold pretty often from what I can tell, so they aren't impossible to achieve by any means.
JonSnOwO wrote on 2021-01-04 12:49:49:
Yep, this.

It's not an issue of "making room for other items," it's creating an economy and challenge for the game. If everything were easily attainable, how many people would be playing the game? There's a reason why single color scatterscrolls don't exist, why chests have a limited loot pool, why eggs and Eliminates are so rare to drop in the Coliseum, and why festivals only last a week — and other variables that exist, such as people not supporting to make Blossom cheaper.

If you play(ed) Chickensmoothie, you'll know there's a similar issue there as well. Pets started releasing back in 2008, and as a site that appeals to a younger audience, some players weren't even alive when the site first opened! CS solves this problem with advent calendar releases and the pound feature, and, similarly, FR solves their version of this problem with Roundsey. The difference between CS and FR is that CS is strictly a collecting game while FR is a breeding game, so the two can't be compared side-by-side, but the idea is the same.

Of course, some items such as Kickstarter items are unavailable to the general public, and I'm one of the people that believes this is fine. Apparel and familiars (minus the Boolean) get sold pretty often from what I can tell, so they aren't impossible to achieve by any means.
fo11Vhp.png
I agree! Retirement was a huge mistake. Cycling is a great alternative.
I agree! Retirement was a huge mistake. Cycling is a great alternative.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48