Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Snooze or dismiss hibden tasks
1 2
We've all had the egg come up. Or the eggs. The rare, expensive battlestones. The breed change scrolls costing hundreds of thousands of treasure. There's going to be a point when every single thing on my entire available task list is something that costs six times as much as just unlocking a new hibden slot with gems instead--and meanwhile on the other side of the eggs is a task that needs incredibly common material/trinket drops that I have literally entire stacks of.

Snoozing hibden tasks somehow would be ideal, though I'm not sure how it would work mechanically--either a time interval or a "go X places back in the list"--but I suspect it might not be a success.

The other option, which feels less likely to get complaints about balance, is an option to dismiss a hibden task completely: a button, somewhere NOT next to the button to turn the task in, that lets you just remove it from your to-do list completely.

It would be marked as "Dismissed on [date]" or "Passed on [date]" on the full list (maybe in red instead of black?) where a completed task has the date of completion, and you will not be able to get that hibden slot back through any means; your max hibden capacity will always be smaller than the max hibden capacities of people who went ahead and paid the egg or whatever.

The popup warning would need to be very clear about that (something like "Are you sure you want to dismiss this Hibernal Den task? This will permanently reduce the number of Hibernal Den slots available for you to unlock from N to N-1.")
We've all had the egg come up. Or the eggs. The rare, expensive battlestones. The breed change scrolls costing hundreds of thousands of treasure. There's going to be a point when every single thing on my entire available task list is something that costs six times as much as just unlocking a new hibden slot with gems instead--and meanwhile on the other side of the eggs is a task that needs incredibly common material/trinket drops that I have literally entire stacks of.

Snoozing hibden tasks somehow would be ideal, though I'm not sure how it would work mechanically--either a time interval or a "go X places back in the list"--but I suspect it might not be a success.

The other option, which feels less likely to get complaints about balance, is an option to dismiss a hibden task completely: a button, somewhere NOT next to the button to turn the task in, that lets you just remove it from your to-do list completely.

It would be marked as "Dismissed on [date]" or "Passed on [date]" on the full list (maybe in red instead of black?) where a completed task has the date of completion, and you will not be able to get that hibden slot back through any means; your max hibden capacity will always be smaller than the max hibden capacities of people who went ahead and paid the egg or whatever.

The popup warning would need to be very clear about that (something like "Are you sure you want to dismiss this Hibernal Den task? This will permanently reduce the number of Hibernal Den slots available for you to unlock from N to N-1.")
I think it was intentional? Otherwise everyone would do the easy tasks and skip the expensive ones.
I'm at this point actually (7 eggs, 2 expensive breed changes, an expensive swipp-trade apparel that costs about 300g) and I have 101 tasks remaining, so about 200 were doable without spending that much, which seems ok to me.
I think it was intentional? Otherwise everyone would do the easy tasks and skip the expensive ones.
I'm at this point actually (7 eggs, 2 expensive breed changes, an expensive swipp-trade apparel that costs about 300g) and I have 101 tasks remaining, so about 200 were doable without spending that much, which seems ok to me.
No support. I too think it was intentional and like it that way. It moves treasure around the economy more (resulting in many cases to bits of treasure leaving the game) and allows for mid-term goals. Also, it works out pretty closely to the cost-equivalent of unlocking five of the later-stage lair slots.
No support. I too think it was intentional and like it that way. It moves treasure around the economy more (resulting in many cases to bits of treasure leaving the game) and allows for mid-term goals. Also, it works out pretty closely to the cost-equivalent of unlocking five of the later-stage lair slots.

Available at cost to Plague flight members.
No support. For snoozing... I do get it, we all got locked up for a while, but others have already said that the expensive tasks are intentional gateways - they force you to spend some money to get to more inexpensive tasks hidden behind them. It doesn't seem like the design intention is to have... just pulling out numbers at random here, 250 easy tasks and 50 expensive ones where the tasks get more expensive as you go on; the game doesn't want you to get those 250 tasks without having to go through some of the hard ones too, so it isn't all backloaded. I might not be being clear here, but the way it slices out, when you have to pay 175kt for a single slot, you sort of unlock the next few slots with it? It causes the weight to become more evenly distributed.

Dismissal would be a nasty situation and I wouldn't want to see it - plenty of people are going to pass on those egg tasks or primary genes when they're new and it seems unobtainable, and then become upset later on when they're more financially solvent and they could have done it, but now can't. It doesn't really matter that they chose to make the decision then; they will regret it and they'll have no avenue to fix it, and I guarantee that's not going to stop people from asking. You shouldn't be able to permanently damage your account's potential. (That kind of thing may even encourage multiaccounting to switch away from reduced accounts.)
No support. For snoozing... I do get it, we all got locked up for a while, but others have already said that the expensive tasks are intentional gateways - they force you to spend some money to get to more inexpensive tasks hidden behind them. It doesn't seem like the design intention is to have... just pulling out numbers at random here, 250 easy tasks and 50 expensive ones where the tasks get more expensive as you go on; the game doesn't want you to get those 250 tasks without having to go through some of the hard ones too, so it isn't all backloaded. I might not be being clear here, but the way it slices out, when you have to pay 175kt for a single slot, you sort of unlock the next few slots with it? It causes the weight to become more evenly distributed.

Dismissal would be a nasty situation and I wouldn't want to see it - plenty of people are going to pass on those egg tasks or primary genes when they're new and it seems unobtainable, and then become upset later on when they're more financially solvent and they could have done it, but now can't. It doesn't really matter that they chose to make the decision then; they will regret it and they'll have no avenue to fix it, and I guarantee that's not going to stop people from asking. You shouldn't be able to permanently damage your account's potential. (That kind of thing may even encourage multiaccounting to switch away from reduced accounts.)
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I think some kind of shuffling would be a good idea? If its all expensive, you can shuffle for an entire new set of tasts and risk having it all be expensive again. And the shuffle can cause gems/treasure. Plus have a cooldown.
I think some kind of shuffling would be a good idea? If its all expensive, you can shuffle for an entire new set of tasts and risk having it all be expensive again. And the shuffle can cause gems/treasure. Plus have a cooldown.
I don't think it should be possible to permanently cap an account early. I'm not sure where I stand on being able to pass on hibden tasks generally, but I definitely don't think permanently crippling an account should be a thing.

If it is implemented, it should cost the user something. I don't know, man.
I don't think it should be possible to permanently cap an account early. I'm not sure where I stand on being able to pass on hibden tasks generally, but I definitely don't think permanently crippling an account should be a thing.

If it is implemented, it should cost the user something. I don't know, man.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
As much as I would admittedly like this, I have to agree with the others here that I'm pretty sure this is a "working as intended" situation.

A shame, since yeah, I've got no intention of valuing a hibden slot more than I value the profit of selling an unhatched egg.
As much as I would admittedly like this, I have to agree with the others here that I'm pretty sure this is a "working as intended" situation.

A shame, since yeah, I've got no intention of valuing a hibden slot more than I value the profit of selling an unhatched egg.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
I think the whole point of the harder tasks and where they're placed is so that you have to do them to get to the later tasks. There's plenty of people that would just skip all the pricey ones like eggs, genes, bosses and expensive apparel and never do them so they don't have to lose the money.

I think they're placed where they are so that you can only avoid them for so long before you ultimately have to fulfill some in order to unlock more of the easier tasks. It's been created in a way to specifically pull items and currency (through item value) from the system. Avoiding all the big ticket ones and never doing them kind of defeats the point. Especially since something as huge as the hibernal den massively impacts how much money someone can make on a weekly basis. Consider the bigger ticket trades gates that you have to unlock to continue. Some of the smaller tasks barely cost anything. Maybe a handful of items that are worth change on the AH or take a couple minutes to collect. The bigger trades make up for this fact and balance out the over all worth/cost of the den slots. If you were able to skip past all the pricey ones and just do the cheap ones, you'd basically get a ton of space for free. Users should have to pay for it.

No support for this reason. If you want to keep going, you should have to do the bigger ones that are in the way. It's not something with a time limit so there's no need to rush it. If you have to save for an item, then that's probably the way it was intended.

The biggest problem here is that people seem to think "I don't want to pay this much for one slot" or "it's such a waste since it's only one slot" but this mentality is a problem. Those big ticket items are what balance out the low cost slots. You're not turning in the egg for a single slot, that's the price of multiple slots that you didn't really have to pay for. If the toll gates are removed people are basically just getting slots for free. We've always had to pay for lair space, one way or another.
I think the whole point of the harder tasks and where they're placed is so that you have to do them to get to the later tasks. There's plenty of people that would just skip all the pricey ones like eggs, genes, bosses and expensive apparel and never do them so they don't have to lose the money.

I think they're placed where they are so that you can only avoid them for so long before you ultimately have to fulfill some in order to unlock more of the easier tasks. It's been created in a way to specifically pull items and currency (through item value) from the system. Avoiding all the big ticket ones and never doing them kind of defeats the point. Especially since something as huge as the hibernal den massively impacts how much money someone can make on a weekly basis. Consider the bigger ticket trades gates that you have to unlock to continue. Some of the smaller tasks barely cost anything. Maybe a handful of items that are worth change on the AH or take a couple minutes to collect. The bigger trades make up for this fact and balance out the over all worth/cost of the den slots. If you were able to skip past all the pricey ones and just do the cheap ones, you'd basically get a ton of space for free. Users should have to pay for it.

No support for this reason. If you want to keep going, you should have to do the bigger ones that are in the way. It's not something with a time limit so there's no need to rush it. If you have to save for an item, then that's probably the way it was intended.

The biggest problem here is that people seem to think "I don't want to pay this much for one slot" or "it's such a waste since it's only one slot" but this mentality is a problem. Those big ticket items are what balance out the low cost slots. You're not turning in the egg for a single slot, that's the price of multiple slots that you didn't really have to pay for. If the toll gates are removed people are basically just getting slots for free. We've always had to pay for lair space, one way or another.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
[quote name="vihuff" date="2020-12-30 19:51:36" ]The biggest problem here is that people seem to think "I don't want to pay this much for one slot" or "it's such a waste since it's only one slot" but this mentality is a problem. Those big ticket items are what balance out the low cost slots. You're not turning in the egg for a single slot, that's the price of multiple slots that you didn't really have to pay for. If the toll gates are removed people are basically just getting slots for free. We've always had to pay for lair space, one way or another. [/quote] [size=2]@/vihuff - Imagine me saying this in a gently correcting sort of tone, since I'm not angry or anything, but it does hurt a bit to be so clearly referenced here for you to use as an example of "problem players." You'll note that I acknowledged in my post that I don't support the suggestion because I know the system is working as intended, which I had hoped would make it clear that I'm not ACTUALLY looking for an easy way out, much less for free stuff. At the end of the day, I'm someone who plays this game with medium seriousness, who is really just unlocking hibden slots for the satisfaction of checking things off a list, rather than because I need anywhere near that much space to store my pre-exalt dragons—so naturally I value saving up for my projects more than extra hibden slots I won't actually use. There's really no need to read anything else into my offhanded comment—and certainly not to interpret it as representative of a larger trend in the userbase!
vihuff wrote on 2020-12-30 19:51:36:

@/vihuff -

Imagine me saying this in a gently correcting sort of tone, since I'm not angry or anything, but it does hurt a bit to be so clearly referenced here for you to use as an example of "problem players."
You'll note that I acknowledged in my post that I don't support the suggestion because I know the system is working as intended, which I had hoped would make it clear that I'm not ACTUALLY looking for an easy way out, much less for free stuff.

At the end of the day, I'm someone who plays this game with medium seriousness, who is really just unlocking hibden slots for the satisfaction of checking things off a list, rather than because I need anywhere near that much space to store my pre-exalt dragons—so naturally I value saving up for my projects more than extra hibden slots I won't actually use. There's really no need to read anything else into my offhanded comment—and certainly not to interpret it as representative of a larger trend in the userbase!
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@Tuberose
I didn't mean for it to sound harsh or anything. My tone often comes across harder than I mean it to be. I actually wasn't referencing you because I had only read the suggestion, not the following posts, so I'm sorry if it seemed targeted towards you. I was just really referring to the situation and suggestion. Especially since the suggestion puts emphasis on the fact that they don't want to pay 6 times what they think a slot is worth. I was just pointing out they're paying for all the cheap ones too.

I've posted similar replies on previous suggestions about the same thing. I really wasn't targeting anything but the suggestion, and was trying to adjust the mindset that people are paying a lot for just one, when it's really many. So please don't take it to heart.
@Tuberose
I didn't mean for it to sound harsh or anything. My tone often comes across harder than I mean it to be. I actually wasn't referencing you because I had only read the suggestion, not the following posts, so I'm sorry if it seemed targeted towards you. I was just really referring to the situation and suggestion. Especially since the suggestion puts emphasis on the fact that they don't want to pay 6 times what they think a slot is worth. I was just pointing out they're paying for all the cheap ones too.

I've posted similar replies on previous suggestions about the same thing. I really wasn't targeting anything but the suggestion, and was trying to adjust the mindset that people are paying a lot for just one, when it's really many. So please don't take it to heart.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
1 2